Dr. Steven Goodman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0
  • 11 reviews

December 10th, 2015
Web Search Looks BAD
Goodman is also a satirical songwriter, and twice sang the national anthem for Baltimore Orioles games, once when he was called away in the middle of a workday to rush out to the ballpark.

July 18th, 2015
OMG!
I broke my wrist and Dr. Goodman was the only orthopedist I could see that day. I handed him the x-ray CD that I got from the Urgent Care Center the night before. He comes back 20 minutes later and says he cannot read the disk. He says that they will need to take new x-rays. I said it was unacceptable for me to have to go through that painful process again, not to mention the cost. Had he been just the slightest bit compassionate, he would have encouraged me to get a new CD, not new x-rays. I walked out of his office, went home, and loaded the CD on my computer. Four x-rays of my wrist pop up on the screen. I was shocked and appalled. Was he trying to pad the bill or was he simply too impatient to wait 5 seconds for the images to appear on the screen? I strongly urge you to stay away from this guy. He has an attitude and is not even the slightest bit friendly. He could be the best surgeon on the planet, but if he doesn't know how to treat people, then his expertise is useless. Save yourself the aggravation and avoid Dr. Goodman.

September 25th, 2014
bad physician
poor communication skills. does not listen and gave me little attention. exam minimal and I don't know how he can come to a diagnosis. he is also extremely arrogant

August 25th, 2014
Disaster. What a waste of time
When arrogant fool came into the room the first appointment I knew I had my hands full. The examination was a joke and he sent me for an x-ray, wrote a prescription and told me to come back in a month. On the second visit he asked me if there was any improvement. I told him he didn't do anything for me to be improved. How about an MRI for my continuing pain in my neck and back I asked? He refused adamantly. I walked out because he is a hack, no other word for it. Then the receptionist wants my co-pay when I tell her I am not coming back (I dont have a co-pay) and I informed her I did not want to be charged for that joke of a visit. I have NEVER done a review in my life. STAY AWAY from this doctor. Trust me, you are wasting your time. I also think he needs some professional help of his own. I am giving one star because it wont let you give ZERO. Shame on this practice for letting this arrogant fool practice medicine and I do mean practice. You have been warned. If you go to him you deserve what you get.

February 18th, 2014
Unprofessional, arrogant - Avoid at all costs!
Unprofessional, arrogant and unsympathetic. Overly interested in insurance... Gross misdiagnosis of situation. This doctor is in the wrong business. Avoid at at all costs.

November 30th, 2013
Stay away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He misdiagnosed me, performed a failed surgery on me, and lied to me. He spends no time with you. His main priority is seeing his NEXT patient. He was even late the day of my surgery (which he misdiagnosed). I needed more surgery. Don't make the mistake I made - STAY AWAY FROM STEVE GOODMAN...........

September 11th, 2013
How long is appropriate to wait for emergency hip fracture surgery
I refuse to give any stars for someone who shows up in ER, agrees to take case, schedules surgery ASAP and then cancels it repeatedly over the next 72 hours. No direct communication. No explanation. Fully functional 81 year old deserves better treatment and communication.

January 22nd, 2013
Listen to you gut feeling
I think this doctors bed side manner could get a -4 stars, Spends no time with you, does not want to listen to a single word from your mouth. Waited a month for my pre-certifaction for my MRI, called to see what was the problem, the problem was that they forgot about me. If you feel you are in the wrong place once you meet this doctor, just leave, it's not worth it.

May 22nd, 2012
Worse Bedside Manner Ever
You can do better.

March 7th, 2012
Communication with patient is very poor.
Doctor's body language is very somewhat rude. Does not acknowledge or smile or present himself. Lack of empathy.

July 16th, 2009
DONT CHOOSE THIS DOCTOR
I WENT TO DR GOODMAN FOR MY TORN GROIN MUSCLE.I WAS RUSHED,DIDNT GET ALL MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED.WHEN I ASKED THE DOCTOR TO FILL OUT MY PAPERWORK FOR DISABILLITY BECAUSE I COULDNT GO BACK TO WORK AND MY PAY DEPENDED ON THIS PAPERWORK,HE RUSHED THROUGH IT AND FILLED IT OUT WRONG.WHEN I HOBBLED BACK TO THE OFFICE AND ASKED HIM TO CORRECT THE FORM,HE STATED TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR EMPLOYER AND LEFT THE OFFICE.