Dr. Steven Mandel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Mandel?

Adult ADHD

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Steven Mandel?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 11th, 2016

Engaged and interested

Engaged and interested

July 14th, 2015

I appreciated his diagnostic skills, personality and patience.

February 1st, 2015

WARNING! Do not see this doctor

He is by far the worst doctor ever. Please avoid him at all costs. He should be locked up and his medical license should be taken away. He is a liar and a cheater.

December 13th, 2014

Too bad to be true

Too bad to be true!

December 4th, 2014

Anomymous reviewer

This doctor has a alot to be grateful for since he is still in practice. Word has it that he gets patients from hospital rounds, the emergency room and office docs at Lenox Hill Hospital like Orsher and others cause he will take any insurance. When will this stop?

December 4th, 2014

Discontent with Dr. Mandel

Dr. Orsher sent me to Dr. Mandel for a neurological evaluation however it was a tragedy. This doctor runs a mill in his office, traveling between the Lenox Hill Emergency Room and the hospital from room to room and floor to floor, picking up patient consultation wherever they may lay. He takes insurance so he can max out in numbers to offset the earnings where he to just see patient in a conscientous manner and spend the needed time to understand a given patient's condition.

March 23rd, 2014

The worst doctor

Dr. Steven Mendel is the worst doctor ever. He puts fear into you thinking you have some kind of debiltating disease. He doesn't even bother to look at the MRI's just gives out diagnoses. Don't know how he became a neurologist but do not go to him. He is the worst. Avoid him at all cost.

August 18th, 2013

In Good Hands

Knowledgable and bright. You come away with a sense that you're in good hands. Delightful to converse with as well.

September 25th, 2012

Good luck with any follow up...

Went to see Dr. Mandel after being referred to him by one of my other doctors. He was very nice, listened to my problem and seemed fairly proactive. He did take a call on his cell phone during my visit, which I wasn't thrilled with, but still didn't detour me.He sent me for a CAT scan of my brain, to rule out causes of my issues. A week after, I hadn't heard back from his office and called for the results...no call back. Called the next week and every week after for a month and a half! Never a call back after speaking to multiple office staff and leaving voicemails. After nearly two months of waiting, I received a letter in the mail letting me know the results were normal (which I had already found out a few weeks earlier, when my Chiropractor called for the results and let me know within a half hour).When it comes to a matter as serious as your brain, they cant be bothered to call you back. I would never go here again after the treatment I received.

July 18th, 2012

Long waiting room times

I was told Dr. Mandel is dedicating his full time to research, giving up his practice and has discontinued seeing/taking on new patients. I was offered an appointment with another partner and the wait was more than 8 weeks. I declined and sought out a new neurologist. Dr. Mandel was a good doctor but very quick with patients, seemingly listening with one ear while dictating into recorder, and always wants to refer to another doctor friend for a second opinion. After 5 years of this, and being told he went into research (although I have a friend who is still being seen by him), I decided to look for another neuro who has less wait times (waiting room time is always more than one and a half hours no matter what time your appointment is) and someone closer to my home.

March 22nd, 2011

Money over Medicine

I went to Dr. Mandel for a neurological problem. He examined me, ran some tests in the office, prescribed a bunch of expensive, external tests, forced me to come back for another office visit, ran another test in the office that he could easily have run on the first visit, and then abruptly became too busy to discuss the results or the prognosis. Since then, I have repeatedly requested a call back over the last three weeks, with no response. He is uncaring and unattentive to the point of malpractice, in my opinion, and much more interested in billable office visits than patent care.

February 9th, 2011

I wouldn't waste my time!

I've gone to this doctor on several occasions each time waiting over an hour to be seen. The bedside horrible manner is horrific as my last visit the doctor held conversations with friends wishing them holiday greeting on his cell phone during my evaluation. I've tried on several occasions to get my records and the staff are just as bad! I now see a neurologist who not only enjoys the fame of being a good doctor, but exercises the discipline that come with the role. I would not recommend this doctor!