Dr. Steven Mandel Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Steven Mandel?

Engaged and interested

Posted on January 11th, 2016

Engaged and interested

Posted on July 14th, 2015

I appreciated his diagnostic skills, personality and patience.

WARNING! Do not see this doctor

Posted on February 1st, 2015

He is by far the worst doctor ever. Please avoid him at all costs. He should be locked up and his medical license should be taken away. He is a liar and a cheater.

Too bad to be true

Posted on December 13th, 2014

Too bad to be true!

Anomymous reviewer

Posted on December 4th, 2014

This doctor has a alot to be grateful for since he is still in practice. Word has it that he gets patients from hospital rounds, the emergency room and office docs at Lenox Hill Hospital like Orsher and others cause he will take any insurance. When will this stop?

Discontent with Dr. Mandel

Posted on December 4th, 2014

Dr. Orsher sent me to Dr. Mandel for a neurological evaluation however it was a tragedy. This doctor runs a mill in his office, traveling between the Lenox Hill Emergency Room and the hospital from room to room and floor to floor, picking up patient consultation wherever they may lay. He takes insurance so he can max out in numbers to offset the earnings where he to just see patient in a conscientous manner and spend the needed time to understand a given patient's condition.

The worst doctor

Posted on March 23rd, 2014

Dr. Steven Mendel is the worst doctor ever. He puts fear into you thinking you have some kind of debiltating disease. He doesn't even bother to look at the MRI's just gives out diagnoses. Don't know how he became a neurologist but do not go to him. He is the worst. Avoid him at all cost.

In Good Hands

Posted on August 18th, 2013

Knowledgable and bright. You come away with a sense that you're in good hands. Delightful to converse with as well.

Good luck with any follow up...

Posted on September 25th, 2012

Went to see Dr. Mandel after being referred to him by one of my other doctors. He was very nice, listened to my problem and seemed fairly proactive. He did take a call on his cell phone during my visit, which I wasn't thrilled with, but still didn't detour me.He sent me for a CAT scan of my brain, to rule out causes of my issues. A week after, I hadn't heard back from his office and called for the results...no call back. Called the next week and every week after for a month and a half! Never a call back after speaking to multiple office staff and leaving voicemails. After nearly two months of waiting, I received a letter in the mail letting me know the results were normal (which I had already found out a few weeks earlier, when my Chiropractor called for the results and let me know within a half hour).When it comes to a matter as serious as your brain, they cant be bothered to call you back. I would never go here again after the treatment I received.

Long waiting room times

Posted on July 18th, 2012

I was told Dr. Mandel is dedicating his full time to research, giving up his practice and has discontinued seeing/taking on new patients. I was offered an appointment with another partner and the wait was more than 8 weeks. I declined and sought out a new neurologist. Dr. Mandel was a good doctor but very quick with patients, seemingly listening with one ear while dictating into recorder, and always wants to refer to another doctor friend for a second opinion. After 5 years of this, and being told he went into research (although I have a friend who is still being seen by him), I decided to look for another neuro who has less wait times (waiting room time is always more than one and a half hours no matter what time your appointment is) and someone closer to my home.

Money over Medicine

Posted on March 22nd, 2011

I went to Dr. Mandel for a neurological problem. He examined me, ran some tests in the office, prescribed a bunch of expensive, external tests, forced me to come back for another office visit, ran another test in the office that he could easily have run on the first visit, and then abruptly became too busy to discuss the results or the prognosis. Since then, I have repeatedly requested a call back over the last three weeks, with no response. He is uncaring and unattentive to the point of malpractice, in my opinion, and much more interested in billable office visits than patent care.

I wouldn't waste my time!

Posted on February 9th, 2011

I've gone to this doctor on several occasions each time waiting over an hour to be seen. The bedside horrible manner is horrific as my last visit the doctor held conversations with friends wishing them holiday greeting on his cell phone during my evaluation. I've tried on several occasions to get my records and the staff are just as bad! I now see a neurologist who not only enjoys the fame of being a good doctor, but exercises the discipline that come with the role. I would not recommend this doctor!