Internists, Rheumatologist

2 Medical Park Dr
Ste 700
Asheville, NC 28803
828-277-5030
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  WORST DOCTOR EVER! STAY CLEAR OF HIM  |  show details
by BIlly G on Oct 6th, 2013

He charged my insurance for a 10,000$ pain injection he never gave me! Complete fraud! Also has gone completely against my family and I in the court room and LIED after being a patient for 5years. This doctor DESERVES TO BE IN PRISION, HE WORKS FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANIES BECAUSE THEY BLACK MAILED HIM! HE IS DOING MANY MANYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WRONG ILLEGAL THINGS THIS MAN IS BAD

|  Not the Real Deal  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2013

I wouldn't recommend Dr. Mendelsohn to my worst enemy either. He neglected to respond to serious conditions often. He was exceedingly slow and often neglected to respond to concerns regarding medicine sensitivities or reactions from prescriptions. I also found him very condescending. Appointment wait time was usually 30 minutes. Time spent with was often interrupted and rushed. He never followed up on treatment. Additionally, other specialists who treat me have noted that Mr. Mendelsohn takes a long time to reciprocate to their inquiries made for the patient in their best interest.

|  Straight Shooter  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2012

I was a patient but unfortunately had to switch doctors as my insurance changed. Lucky for me my insurance changed again and I am going back to Dr. Mendelson. Dr. Mendelson is a straight shooter. He is like an expert investigator trying to get to the bottom of your arthritis problems. He also explains things to help educate his patients to keep them better informed. Excellent doctor!

|  Very condescending  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

Office wait time is ridiculous. For a 15 minute appointment the wait time can be over an hour. The doctor never responds to urgent issues, most questions are only answered after multiple phone requests and several days. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

|  The One Who Believed My Story!  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2012

This physician took my complaints seriously-how 'RA' had taken its toll on my body after 3 doctors I'd seen said either lose weight, take a pill for another diagnosis, or NO you don't have RA. He listened, tested, and told me how I was right all along treating me for this horrific disease. Dr. Mendelsohn is excellent in every way and my hero-finally I have a chance at life again through his loyalty to his chosen profession, medicine his patients!

|  Outstanding, competent and conservative  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2012

I was referred to Dr M by another physician who praised him for the "research" he does. He is refreshing in his belief that we take too many pills and in his knowledge base. Dr M takes all the time needed to thoroughly explain treatment options. You feel you are in EXCELLENT hands in this solo practice. He is also especially kind and caring.

|  VeVery sociable  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2011

Very knowledgeable and sociable!

|  show details
May 25th, 2011

Office staff needs manners and an understanding of basic healthcare professionalism. However an inefficient staff always reflects the ownership.

|  WITH MUCH GRATITUDE!!  |  show details
May 4th, 2011

FANTASTIC DIAGNOSTICIAN, SAVED MY LIFE. I have been a patient for nearly 30 years. Dr. Mendelsohn first diagnosed my rare condition and continues to have impeccablebedside manner and knowledge of his field. I have moved states away and will still continue to maintain our physician/patient relationship. I would NEVER think of trusting my care with anyone else. Due to his attention to detail in follow through care and my choosing to take his lead in responsibility of my own health care - together we seeing my body heal before our eyes allowing me to wean off my intensive medications by the end of this year 2011. EXPERTICE of medical care and my ATTITUDE are what's promoting my body to do what it does best: HEAL. WITH MUCH GRATITUDE, THANK YOU DR. MENDELSOHN

|  Keep Looking!  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2011

Unfortunately, this Doctor puts on a good face, but is sneaky. After asking if we should look at some other diagnosis, he suggested that we manage symptoms before the "patient loses it". They called me prior to an appointment to state they needed payment up front for services as is was taking minimum 3 months for insurance to pay. Insurance claims and EOB's indicated otherwise. When I brought this to their attention, the finance manager stated that my account was fine, it was others within that insurance co. that they were having problems with. However, I was still expected to pay. As I left, he, the doctor, stood at the office door and said, "bye, bye, good bye." That screams discrimination and goes against the agreement made with the insurance company. So, keep looking. There are better and more professional doctors out there.

|  show details
Mar 15th, 2011

I'm extremely dissatisfied with this Dr. and his staff. I have been a patient for over 4 years now and they could not accommodate me into their office, I asked them to let me get my IV treatment at another location since they could not and they refused to do so. So now I will be in severe pain for a month because they refused to help me the patient. I have never been treated so bad from what should be a caring professional. The only thing they care about is the money from the IV. Dr. M rushes in and out of the room not taking time to figure out what is really wrong. Also when asking questions he would give the easiest answer that required less work from him and his staff. I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone!!! It's obvious that Dr. M and his staff have not themselves or anyone in their families experienced the pain from this disease or they would be more willing to help.