Dr. Steven Lammers MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 15th, 2016
Wonderful Psychiatrist
I have been treated by Dr. Lammers for over 20 years. He is very willing to listen to your symptoms and develop a treatment plan accordingly. He is very flexible and willing to accommodate a patient's particular needs.

September 9th, 2016
Dr. Lammers truly listens, provides professional insight and advice, and works WITH me to determine the best course to take with managing my ADHD.

May 16th, 2016
Not what I need or want from a psychiatrist
If you're looking for a very traditional psychiatrist (as in, the kind that will only meet with you for 15 minutes every 2 months just to give you your meds and then practically pushes you out the door), then Dr. Lammers if fine. Personally, I'm looking for a better experience. He is knowledgable about psychiatric medications, but is also very conservative. He was difficult to reach outside of appointments when I had a question or concern, he was very abrupt over the phone, and his assistant Mary even erased a voicemail message I left for him so he called me and didn't even know why he was calling me. So apparently he has no "CONFIDENTIAL" voicemail. I'm moving on. Not a satisfied patient.

January 5th, 2016
Wonderful
Dr. Lammers is a wonderful psychiatrist. His knowledge and experience cannot be questioned. He has gotten referrals from all over because he is known to be the best. He is a joker, his "no whining sign" is simply there for laughs. He truly cares about getting to the bottom of whatever issue brings a patient into his office. I recommend not going in and acting like you know more than him in regards to medications, he is the professional! I have referred many of my friends and family members to him. They are just as impressed with him as I am. As long as you are honest and real with him, you will have a wonderful experience.

December 28th, 2015
TOP NOTCH
I have been seeing Dr. Lammers for quite some time and he is absolutely wonderful! He is very caring yet professional at the same time. He is compassionate and cares about his clients obviously.

November 12th, 2015
patient
Very thorough Dr. Has seen me and taken calls from me over 1997 - 2011. He has saved my life and by slight changing of the dose of my main medicines helped me prevent hospitalization and keep my job. I'm very grateful.

October 12th, 2015
Doctor Lammers
Although a Sox fan I trust this Doctor with my life. Doc Lammers has been my doctor since 1998 and I trust NO ONE else with my care!! Mary the receptionist is great also. If you can get an appointment with him. Take it and you'll be feeling better before you know it!! TRIPLE AAA RATING!😻

October 1st, 2015
Not the best..
He is about average as doctors go. He mostly writes while I'm talking with little to no eye contact. His bedside manner needs work. He's friendly yet distant at times. His receptionist is stuck up and always acts bothered when I'm speaking to her.

June 24th, 2015
Took 3 years to find a physician of his caliber. Lots of trial and error with doctors and prescription drug "cocktails". Dr. Lammers found the right combination and I would follow him across the US if he decided to move his practice.

June 23rd, 2015
Dr. Lammers has compassion for the whole family. It is the magic word often missing in Psychiatry.
Dr. Lammers was the best and most compassionate doctor that ever treated my daughter. Her diagnosis is complicated ranging from PDD to Bipolar disorder. I have had my hands full for 20 years and Dr.Lammers acknoweled that, which meant so much. I have sat in front of other psych doctors and literally felt like all they were hearing was bla, bla, bla.............They do not want to hear it. It was such a comfort to have a doctor that connected with the fact that this was my daughter, my heart, the love of my life, the source of my pain and fear. I feared for her and he understood that.

May 30th, 2015
Looking for a new doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Lammers for 20 years. There are good and bad things about him. On the good side, he is very knowledgeable about his field and the different medications available. He will try different meds until you are feeling better. On the bad side, he can be very moody and condescending in his attitude towards you. I once was crying in his office and he told me to "quit the crying because it isn't helpful".

May 4th, 2015
Doctor Lammers is the best educated doctor in his field. Mary is wonderful too.