A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Lavine:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Lavine is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Lavine, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Failure
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
- Myocardial Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
Education & Awards
Dr. Lavine graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Lavine has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Shands Jacksonville Medical Center
- Southeast Georgia Health System, Camden Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lavine accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 3 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 31 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 2 plans
- Anthem - 11 plans