Dr. Steven Lobel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

June 10th, 2016
Quackerie
Worst experience ever , this doctor and staff is horrible

April 20th, 2016
Dr.Lobel is the best. In North Georgia very caring and understanding and his staff is the same way

February 19th, 2016
Unprofessional in his approach to patients, obviously doesn't take his oath , health before money seriously. Rude and unyielding in discussing issues with me as a patient or my husband. Would not recommend .

February 4th, 2016
Great doctor.
Great guy. My husband has been seeing Dr. Lobel since 2011. He is very blunt and to the point, but he is an excellent Doctor. He is the one that finally found out that my husband has MS on top of a failed back surgery. So I say 5 stars! His sense of humor is good once you get used to it. He doesn't patty-cake around, he just tells it like it is, and is a bit sarcastic, but we love him.

October 2nd, 2015
Horrible Man, Horrible Experience
I wish I had found this site before I wasted time and money on appointments for my daughter and I. This man is the most arrogant person I have ever met. He made up mind that there was no help for me based on my physical appearance. He was dismissive, rude, and had no regard for anything I have done in the past or the opinions of any of my previous doctors. He made light of the severe pain my daughter is in and was more interested in making comments about her pleasant physical appearance. I would NEVER recommend this man to anyone. I want to leave a doctors office feeling comforted and hopeful, not useless and discouraged. Not only was the whole experience uncomfortable and inappropriate, they kept my daughter and I in our separate rooms for 40 minutes AFTER the appointment, I have no idea what took so long. By the end, the only thing on our minds was to escape and never return.

August 25th, 2015
Has an attitude issue , concerned more about money. Does risky procedures that aren't needed. Would not recommend this dr for Medicare patients, veterans, or people with legitimate problems. He lies in your files. I would request your files and look to see what he puts in them.

July 27th, 2015
very rude
I really don't know how he is holding a job as a doctor, we went in for my husband, he lost his left leg in a motorcycle accident and Dr. Lobel walks in doesnt even introduce himself, he immediately throws papers at my husband and starts talking about how many pills he has been on like he was a drug addict, didnt even say sorry about the loss of your leg. Just started beating him up about the meds hes been on, my husband had had a knee replacement the Sept before and was on meds then. Anyway we were not even there for meds we wanted to see what he could do to help his phantom pain, needless to say we said thank u for being so nice and walked out. I would not recommend him at all, very rude arrogant and just an all around bad mannerd person.

March 23rd, 2015
Terrible
Disturbing to know I saw this man for years and he has now literally paralyzed me from all his invasive procedures he deems necessary. He does not take a conservative approach with his invasive nerve burns that cause Neromas ( which is usally only done with end stage patients) and doesn't care enough to figure out what meds are appropriate for the disease of pain in itself. Very disappointed and would not recommend . He is rude to his staff as well and doesn't take the time to convene with his patients, and sends in interns usually instead because he claims he is busy.

February 28th, 2015
trigeminal pain
When my wife was in medium pain the procedures he did were usually helpful. When the pain worsened and the procedures stopped helping he wouldn't give her enough pain medication to keep her from crying or wimpering with pain most of the time. Worse than that was the 6 weeks waiting period between procedures even thought the last one missed the mark. When I begged for a closer date he just said there was nothing else he could do and sent us somewhere else for a longer wait. Showed us what disturbing him will get you. Maybe a nice guy but doesn't really identify with the pain his patients are in. Maybe too business oriented.

February 18th, 2015
Read this before you make an appointment
I recently posted a positive experience but as I simmer on it I feel the need to recant. Dr. Lobel is actually very arrogant and makes you think you have some sort of drug abuse problem. I have had several surgeries this past year with complications and legit pain and prescribed pain medicine. He made me out to be this opiate cracked head and even went on to say that if I kept on I might have my children taken away from me. He has a terrible bed side manner and assumes you are a drug seeker or you have some sort of mental problem. The things he has suggested I have tried and they are not working. I apologize for my somewhat positive post earlier. He is such an a** he had me convinced that I was in the wrong and that he cared about me and my back problems. I would not recommend this "doctor" to anyone much less if you have legitimate pain that needs medication to function. Oh, one more thing....He thinks I am such a drug addict and prescribed me these muscle relaxers that knock me on my tail. I can't function on those things! I guess if you/he has never been I'm pain everyday he actually has no clue what it is like. All the degrees and board meetings in the world can't make you a good and compassionate doctor.

February 13th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Lobel for years for my chronic pain. He feels more like a friend than a doctor. His staff treats me like a special friend and not just like a patient

February 6th, 2015
Genuine doctor
Dr. Lobel is a no non-sense doctor and genuinely wants to help you with your pain/diagnosis. I would say you either hate him or love him. He will tell you what you might not want to hear but you need to hear it type of thing. He opened my eyes to a potential issue with the medicines I was taking and is helping me use other medicines that will help instead of hurt me. He was the first doctor since 2003 that offered non-medical alternatives and I am pleased of how he took a "whole patient" approach. I would definitely recommend Dr. Lobel to anyone who needs a spine doctor because there is hope for everyday pain control.