Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Caring doctor  |  show details
by Connie Schrader on May 4th, 2011

Doctor Lofgran was at the hospital with my family when my mother died in January. I so appreciate his kindness towards my mother and us. He stayed at the hospital throughout the night as she was passing. He has since met with my father and again been extremely kind. His thoroughness and willingness to spend the necessary time with him is exceptional.

|  Im Shouting From The Mountain Tops -- Exceptional Care!  |  show details
by S Goodier on Jan 9th, 2011

Since a car accident in late 2003, I have suffered major health difficulties. I sustained what they call soft-tissue damage to my neck and upper back in the accident. I thought I was very lucky! The doctors said it would take about 8 months to heal. It didnt seem to get better and new symptoms were showing up daily. In late 2004, I began aggressively seeking treatment. Widespread pain, muscle spasms, fatigue, loss of consciousness nearly daily, memory loss and these were just a few of my chief complaints. For 3-years I saw one doctor in Boise. He conducted tests on my thyroid, tests for lupus, MS and everything he could think of. I was diagnosis with fibromyalgia. While this diagnosis seemed to fit some of the symptoms, it merely explained only a few. As my body grew weaker and weaker, so did my mind. I became depressed sometimes even suicidal. Not that I would ever take that route, but it was an extreme that my mind would conjure up as coping mechanism. The pain was unexplainable, to the point where I could barely move and couldnt even be touched. All joints, muscles and my head ached constantly. Unfortunately, I was to weak to walk even through Wal-Mart without passing out. OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS, I saw another 2 doctors and 3 specialists in various fields, thaqt I was referred to, for troubleshooting my health issues. I was in another accident in 2009 and had an MRI for my back. They found a tumor on my right kidney. I started seeing Doctor Lofgran in earlier 2009. I was referred to him by another doctor who was concerned about my heart. My blood pressure had risen to the 200s on the top end and because of a tumor on my right adrenal gland they were concered. He seemed very knowledgeable and understanding about fibromyalgia and my other symptoms. He listened and cared! He started me on treatment for both the heart and fibromyalgia. While my symptoms improved a bit, other worsened. Finally, I had one of my fainting spells that after would leave me too weak to move. Through the years my youngest son and I noticed that when I would have a fainting spell or sever fatigue day, my blood pressure would fall to nothing 50s or 60s on the top end and 40/30 on the bottom. I told other doctors about this but they didnt seem to have and asnswer and when I was in their office my blood pressure would fluctuate from just under normal to extremely high. So they would just pass over the symptom like I was making it up. During this attack, my son called Doctor Lofgrans office and he immediately called back. He gave suggestions to my son on how to get the blood pressure up and set up an appointment for blood tests at the hospital the next day. The next week and within about 9 months of treatment with Doctor Lofgran, I was diagnosis with a very rare condition adrenal insufficiency type 2 or Addisons Disease. I learned later that most people are diagnosis with this decease on the autopsy table. It can have fatal consequences, because the body does not create the hormones for monitor blood pressure. He immediately started treatment and I have my life back. While I would have liked to have a cure not a treatment plan, there is no known cure for Addisons disease, I know my life is in good hands!

|  show details
by Terri C. on Jun 30th, 2010

I really like Dr. Lofgran. I moved to another city 30 miles away and still go to him. He takes plenty of time to listen and understand what is happening to me. He is very personable and very knowledgeable. I know (because I work at the hospital) that he is well thought of and called in to see ICU patients all the time.

|  show details
Apr 18th, 2010

This doctor drives the coolest land cruisers I have ever seen, with the original 2F engine (in-line 6) with larger header; no bondo on his rigs; they were old when we landed on the moon.Oh and he is such a nice internist.