Dr. Steven Lommatzsch MD Patient Reviews

• Pulmonary Disease Denver, CO

• Good
  • Bad

August 15th, 2016
Perhaps even the finest, most perfusion all physician I have ever been seen by. Courteous, precessional and took s lot of time explaining my condition and both how to live with the damage and increase my activity level.

November 25th, 2014
Misdiagnosed
NJH is know as one of the best hospitals for respiratory problems and since I was previously diagnosed with Asthma, I was very happy to finally get an appointment with Dr. Lommatzsch. As my problem started at an advanced age and a nurse once said to me that she didn't think my respiratory problem was Asthma, I needed a second opinion. During the initial visit, he diagnosed my hoarseness as Vocal Cord Dysfunction (VCD) and had me see a speech therapist even before he did a Larynoscopy. He also ordered a bunch of tests and changed my medication from one combo inhaled corticosteroid that didn't work to another one that did not help either. He also prescribed the standard antihistamines, nasal spray, and nasal rinse that every other doctor I saw prescribed as the standard Bronchial Asthma medications. I did not get any better until I convinced him I needed the oral Prednisone again. After 3 visits, I decided I needed another doctor. I finally found one that properly diagnosed my condition as Cardiac Asthma which, although has similar symptoms, is treated differently. In fact the combo corticosteroid drugs he prescribed to me makes Cardiac Asthma worse and was the likely cause of my hoarseness which he misdiagnosed as VCD. In retrospect, I think some of the tests that were ordered was to increase the bill and I was charged for at least 1 test that was not done.

June 28th, 2009
Great Physician
I was very impressed with his great bedside manner. He really seemed to care about me as a person, and it felt like he wanted to help. Most importantly, he figured out my problem when others couldn't. I would definitely recommend this doctor to everyone!

April 26th, 2016