Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Great bedside manner show details Great bedside manner
May 5th, 2016

Just have cervical fusion in March. Loved this Doc, great bedside manner and I'm on my way to healing.

by Andrea Thompson on Jan 25th, 2016

Sometimes it seems, that the front office is a bit confused 😕

Dec 28th, 2015

Very smart doc!!! Knows his stuff

lumbar spinal fusion and laminectomy show details lumbar spinal fusion and laminectomy
by marie on Sep 13th, 2015

Had pain with walking because of severe spinal stenosis but I could walk. After the surgery, I couldn't stand on my right leg without falling down. If I used a walker I could take a few steps by using my arms to support my right leg. His discharge note for me was that I was walking well so of course my insurance wouldn't pay for me to go to rehab, and I never had physical therapy. I had to find another surgeon in another town to fix the mess he did, he pinched a bunch of nerves and I suffered with pain and severe numbness in my lower extremities until Dr Herkowitz repaired the mess, but that was a year later. Five years later, I still struggle to walk and have severe damage in my L5 and S1 because of the first surgery.If he is the only surgeon your insurance will cover, forget the surgery. Dr Rapp will talk nice to you,but as a surgeon he is useless.

L4/L5 Disc Damage show details L4/L5 Disc Damage
by B Cockrum on Apr 19th, 2015

Very good experience and no issues with the procedure. He was the right guy for my situation. The recovery for my back surgery was longer than expected (over 1 year) to get sensing to my leg/foot/toes (L4/L5 disc herniation).

Just...Don't show details Just...Don't
by Gimpy on Dec 4th, 2014

The worst experience of my life. Had surgery with no follow ups and no physical therapy. I now have to have surgery again and I will be looking elsewhere...ANYWHERE!

Best Back Doctor Around. show details Best Back Doctor Around.
Oct 20th, 2011

Everyone I know knows that Dr. Rapp is the best. He truly cares for his patients and goes above and beyond the average doctor. I would highly recommend him.

pain after 2 surgeries show details pain after 2 surgeries
Sep 1st, 2011

Dr.Rapp preformed two surgeries on me & I'm still if severe chronic pain. When I told him I was still in excruciating pain he said "I cant see anything that would cause you any pain". I thought it was the Dr.'s job not to just make the pain go away or just feel better but to find out where & why!! I've since seen another surgeon & found I have another bulged disc & my sciatic nerve has been severely damaged.

Trust me NEVER go to this Dr show details Trust me NEVER go to this Dr
Apr 14th, 2011

He left me with Severe nerve damage and I am far worse than before the surgery, he put one of the screws in my spine in wrong, he did not even fix the mistake he had to fine someone to do that, which there was NO fixing, it is permanent, I am in far worse pain now than I ever was before this so called surgery. I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks then off to a nursing home, I was 49 yrs old, he never once came to see me.

Follow up show details Follow up
Jan 27th, 2011

After surgery the Doctor never saw me in the hospital

The best in fusion surgery! show details The best in fusion surgery!
Jun 25th, 2009

Dr. Rapp is one of the best and friendliest doctors I have ever met - he explains all methods of treatment and doesn't push surgery! He did a spinal fusion on me a few years ago and it went extremely well - we both were happy since I have a tethered spinal cord and other defects! He is a great person.

Mar 26th, 2009

From my experience, Dr. Rapp is an exceptional physician who demonstrates the capability to accurately diagnose and appropriately treat his patients. Given his specialty, I suspect that emergent situations occur with patients, resulting in him being "off schedule" for the rest of the day. (In reference to his previous rating). What makes him an outstanding physician the genuine empathy and understanding he demonstrates toward patients he treats and their families.