Dr. Steven Rapp MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Waterford, MI

3.8

February 25th, 2017
I had a spinel fusion 4 years ago,, he told me that I would be better than new, I went back to him 3 times and he kept telling me it was muscle fatigue was nothing wrong. After 4 years????? That can not be. I can not walk for a long distance, do not stand straight, and my back hurts all the time . I went to another dr with MRI and cat scan and he told me he did not bend the rods in my back correctly. They are straight and that is what is throwing me forward all the time. Only way It can be fixed is to do the surgery over. He did my neck 11 years ago and done an excellent job on it.

November 29th, 2016
Doctor office review.
Doctor is very gratious to people and respectfull.

September 13th, 2016
excellent
Dr. Rapp is a first rate Dr. Very easy to talk to and understand. Had cervical spine surgery with excellent results. Took nearly 2 years to get back to normal, but I am very grateful to this excellent surgeon. He also happens to have a great sense of humor! Would HIGHLY recommend him!

May 5th, 2016
Great bedside manner
Just have cervical fusion in March. Loved this Doc, great bedside manner and I'm on my way to healing.

December 28th, 2015
Very smart doc!!! Knows his stuff

September 13th, 2015
lumbar spinal fusion and laminectomy
Had pain with walking because of severe spinal stenosis but I could walk. After the surgery, I couldn't stand on my right leg without falling down. If I used a walker I could take a few steps by using my arms to support my right leg. His discharge note for me was that I was walking well so of course my insurance wouldn't pay for me to go to rehab, and I never had physical therapy. I had to find another surgeon in another town to fix the mess he did, he pinched a bunch of nerves and I suffered with pain and severe numbness in my lower extremities until Dr Herkowitz repaired the mess, but that was a year later. Five years later, I still struggle to walk and have severe damage in my L5 and S1 because of the first surgery.If he is the only surgeon your insurance will cover, forget the surgery. Dr Rapp will talk nice to you,but as a surgeon he is useless.

April 19th, 2015
L4/L5 Disc Damage
Very good experience and no issues with the procedure. He was the right guy for my situation. The recovery for my back surgery was longer than expected (over 1 year) to get sensing to my leg/foot/toes (L4/L5 disc herniation).

December 4th, 2014
Just...Don't
The worst experience of my life. Had surgery with no follow ups and no physical therapy. I now have to have surgery again and I will be looking elsewhere...ANYWHERE!

October 20th, 2011
Best Back Doctor Around.
Everyone I know knows that Dr. Rapp is the best. He truly cares for his patients and goes above and beyond the average doctor. I would highly recommend him.

September 1st, 2011
pain after 2 surgeries
Dr.Rapp preformed two surgeries on me & I'm still if severe chronic pain. When I told him I was still in excruciating pain he said "I cant see anything that would cause you any pain". I thought it was the Dr.'s job not to just make the pain go away or just feel better but to find out where & why!! I've since seen another surgeon & found I have another bulged disc & my sciatic nerve has been severely damaged.

April 14th, 2011
Trust me NEVER go to this Dr
He left me with Severe nerve damage and I am far worse than before the surgery, he put one of the screws in my spine in wrong, he did not even fix the mistake he had to fine someone to do that, which there was NO fixing, it is permanent, I am in far worse pain now than I ever was before this so called surgery. I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks then off to a nursing home, I was 49 yrs old, he never once came to see me.

January 27th, 2011
After surgery the Doctor never saw me in the hospital