Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
L4/L5 Disc Damage show details L4/L5 Disc Damage
by B Cockrum on Apr 19th, 2015

Very good experience and no issues with the procedure. He was the right guy for my situation. The recovery for my back surgery was longer than expected (over 1 year) to get sensing to my leg/foot/toes (L4/L5 disc herniation).

Just...Don't show details Just...Don't
by Gimpy on Dec 4th, 2014

The worst experience of my life. Had surgery with no follow ups and no physical therapy. I now have to have surgery again and I will be looking elsewhere...ANYWHERE!

The surgery he recommended show details The surgery he recommended
by jerry ramsey on Apr 14th, 2014

This has been the worst pain I've ever had he's procedure absolutely sucks I'm in pain everyday I can't work I can't bend over I can't stand I can't sit I'm ready to sue the bastard don't do the surgery it sucks

Discriminatory Practices show details Discriminatory Practices
by Upset and Disabled on Jan 10th, 2013

I have had a disabling injury since 2008 with a herniation of lower lumbar disc in the lower right side of back. I could not walk for 6months, I went through rehab.I am still on back medication such as Hydrocodone 5xs a day. I went to Dr. Rapp as I needed an orthopedic surgeon. I waited 2months to see him.When I got there the first thing I was told by the front desk receptionist Joanie was they don't take Medicare.Well, I had just called on the way and they said they did.They also asked when I first made apt. Once past that I had Xrays on a disc and MRI.The Xrays didnt have the report.I asked if they'd call and get them,Joanie got rude with me and said I had to do that, so fine.Then I got upset.I wasn't feeling well to begin with.The other girl,Blonde in scrubs and a braid.She said well if youre so upset you can just leave, why don't you just leave then.I debated and said well no I'd still like to meet with the doctor to let him know how I had been treated.I finally tried getting the Xray report myself and I was going to get it sent over but I thought about it and talked to my primary doctor and my mom they were all appalled at my treatment and said I should leave so I did. I said you know what obviously this office is discriminatory against those on Medicare. That is really what I think it was about.They don't think about you as people. They only think in terms of insurance. Never mind that I am a master's student at a top university and I can't help I am injured, no, they just figure I'm a Medicare recipient etc.Well, good for them. I am contacting Medicare next.

Thank you, Dr. Rapp....you have changed my life!! show details Thank you, Dr. Rapp....you have changed my life!!
Jun 18th, 2012

I have had chronic back pain; degenerative disc disease, herniated discs, bulging discs and had been on high doses of opiates for the past 15 years with no hope in sight for relief. Dr. Rapp diagnosed the problem and performed a fusion of L5-S1 in November 2010. This surgery has significantly changed my life! The pain is gone....I'm off the opiates, and only take IBU 800 mg when needed. I've lost a total of 90 pounds since then due to the reduction in medications and finally being able to be active once again! He is the ONLY neurosurgeon I will ever see! I trust him with my life and refer my friends and family to him when they need a neurosurgeon. He is a very caring man who spent a lot of time with my husband and I explaining everything. Again, Thank you, Dr. Rapp!! Rhonda B.

Best Back Doctor Around. show details Best Back Doctor Around.
Oct 20th, 2011

Everyone I know knows that Dr. Rapp is the best. He truly cares for his patients and goes above and beyond the average doctor. I would highly recommend him.

pain after 2 surgeries show details pain after 2 surgeries
Sep 1st, 2011

Dr.Rapp preformed two surgeries on me & I'm still if severe chronic pain. When I told him I was still in excruciating pain he said "I cant see anything that would cause you any pain". I thought it was the Dr.'s job not to just make the pain go away or just feel better but to find out where & why!! I've since seen another surgeon & found I have another bulged disc & my sciatic nerve has been severely damaged.

Trust me NEVER go to this Dr show details Trust me NEVER go to this Dr
Apr 14th, 2011

He left me with Severe nerve damage and I am far worse than before the surgery, he put one of the screws in my spine in wrong, he did not even fix the mistake he had to fine someone to do that, which there was NO fixing, it is permanent, I am in far worse pain now than I ever was before this so called surgery. I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks then off to a nursing home, I was 49 yrs old, he never once came to see me.

Follow up show details Follow up
Jan 27th, 2011

After surgery the Doctor never saw me in the hospital

this guy is a quack show details this guy is a quack
Aug 20th, 2010

ok so seriosly i wouldnt trust this guy to take my temperature,i went in today for a 2nd opinion from an orthapedic. mri's, ct scan, xray etc do show numerous disk bulges,2 anular tears, a broken bone in my lower back, all from a car accident, i have been in excruciating pain since july 8th i was in a monster car accident. he told me my spine was healthy, nothing was wrong with me, and i should goto therapy. he looked at the mri i brought in for 30 seconds, did not care to see or take xrays, and then pushed me out the door saying only thing surgery would do is prolong a law suit in my car accident. however. theres is no lawsuit????? thus guy is nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best in fusion surgery! show details The best in fusion surgery!
Jun 25th, 2009

Dr. Rapp is one of the best and friendliest doctors I have ever met - he explains all methods of treatment and doesn't push surgery! He did a spinal fusion on me a few years ago and it went extremely well - we both were happy since I have a tethered spinal cord and other defects! He is a great person.

Mar 26th, 2009

From my experience, Dr. Rapp is an exceptional physician who demonstrates the capability to accurately diagnose and appropriately treat his patients. Given his specialty, I suspect that emergent situations occur with patients, resulting in him being "off schedule" for the rest of the day. (In reference to his previous rating). What makes him an outstanding physician the genuine empathy and understanding he demonstrates toward patients he treats and their families.

Feb 28th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Dr Rapp's staff: I had my MRI's taken in November. He was supposed to read my negatives in Dec. but I had to cancel because my daughter was ill. I left several voice mails and no one would call me back. When I finally got an appoinment (3 months later), t

Read Full Review at yahoo.com