Dr. Steven Rapp MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 13th, 2016
excellent
Dr. Rapp is a first rate Dr. Very easy to talk to and understand. Had cervical spine surgery with excellent results. Took nearly 2 years to get back to normal, but I am very grateful to this excellent surgeon. He also happens to have a great sense of humor! Would HIGHLY recommend him!

May 5th, 2016
Great bedside manner
Just have cervical fusion in March. Loved this Doc, great bedside manner and I'm on my way to healing.

January 25th, 2016
Sometimes it seems, that the front office is a bit confused 😕

December 28th, 2015
Very smart doc!!! Knows his stuff

September 13th, 2015
lumbar spinal fusion and laminectomy
Had pain with walking because of severe spinal stenosis but I could walk. After the surgery, I couldn't stand on my right leg without falling down. If I used a walker I could take a few steps by using my arms to support my right leg. His discharge note for me was that I was walking well so of course my insurance wouldn't pay for me to go to rehab, and I never had physical therapy. I had to find another surgeon in another town to fix the mess he did, he pinched a bunch of nerves and I suffered with pain and severe numbness in my lower extremities until Dr Herkowitz repaired the mess, but that was a year later. Five years later, I still struggle to walk and have severe damage in my L5 and S1 because of the first surgery.If he is the only surgeon your insurance will cover, forget the surgery. Dr Rapp will talk nice to you,but as a surgeon he is useless.

April 19th, 2015
L4/L5 Disc Damage
Very good experience and no issues with the procedure. He was the right guy for my situation. The recovery for my back surgery was longer than expected (over 1 year) to get sensing to my leg/foot/toes (L4/L5 disc herniation).

December 4th, 2014
Just...Don't
The worst experience of my life. Had surgery with no follow ups and no physical therapy. I now have to have surgery again and I will be looking elsewhere...ANYWHERE!

October 20th, 2011
Best Back Doctor Around.
Everyone I know knows that Dr. Rapp is the best. He truly cares for his patients and goes above and beyond the average doctor. I would highly recommend him.

September 1st, 2011
pain after 2 surgeries
Dr.Rapp preformed two surgeries on me & I'm still if severe chronic pain. When I told him I was still in excruciating pain he said "I cant see anything that would cause you any pain". I thought it was the Dr.'s job not to just make the pain go away or just feel better but to find out where & why!! I've since seen another surgeon & found I have another bulged disc & my sciatic nerve has been severely damaged.

April 14th, 2011
Trust me NEVER go to this Dr
He left me with Severe nerve damage and I am far worse than before the surgery, he put one of the screws in my spine in wrong, he did not even fix the mistake he had to fine someone to do that, which there was NO fixing, it is permanent, I am in far worse pain now than I ever was before this so called surgery. I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks then off to a nursing home, I was 49 yrs old, he never once came to see me.

January 27th, 2011
After surgery the Doctor never saw me in the hospital

June 25th, 2009
The best in fusion surgery!
Dr. Rapp is one of the best and friendliest doctors I have ever met - he explains all methods of treatment and doesn't push surgery! He did a spinal fusion on me a few years ago and it went extremely well - we both were happy since I have a tethered spinal cord and other defects! He is a great person.