A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Schwarz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Schwarz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Schwarz, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Nutrition Disorders
- Nutritional Support
Education & Awards
Dr. Schwarz graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Schwarz has 19 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
- St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schwarz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven M. Schwarz practice?
Dr. Steven Schwarz practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology, General Practice, and Gastroenterology near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY.
See Brooklyn Pediatricians, Brooklyn Pediatric Specialists, Brooklyn General Practitioners, and Brooklyn Gastroenterologists.