Dr. Steven Maestrello MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Henrico, VA

February 11th, 2014
Empathic Doctor
Dr. Maestrello is a great doctor. I have chronic pain in my nerves and he is serious about my finding some sort of relief. Even though I see him at a "not so free" clinic, where he volunteers his time, he treats me as if I am a patient with insurance, (unlike the neurologist I see with Bon Secour's program, who dismisses me with "you have to learn how to manage your pain.") Because I've tried all the medical options for pain, I know I need to start getting injections and accupuncture in a serious pain management program. I feel like there's hope I will end up there if I continue seeing Dr. Maestrello. He's very empathic and actually listens. I'd recommend Dr., Maestrello in a heartbeat.

December 27th, 2013
Glad I was referrd to Dr. Maestrello!
Dr. Maestrello took the time to listen to my list of symptoms and experiences and combined with my previous lab reports came to the conclusion that I was suffering from Parvovirus. My labwork came back showing an acute infection. What a relief! After 2 months of confusing and sometimes scary symptoms and web searches that had me worried about what he would find, I learned that I have an illness that I thought only dogs got. Thanks Dr. M. for taking your time and not just zipping in and out of the exam room.

April 30th, 2013
Good Doctor Bad Nurse
I went to Dr. Maestrello due to chronic pain and fatigue. He is very thorough and listens to every need. My only complaint is his nurse. She was very short and rude when I came in for my visit. I understand they have a stressful job so I let it go, maybe just having a bad day. Then after waiting two weeks for test results I recieve a call from the doctor's office that I missed due to being at work. On the voicemail she was again rude and sounded very inconvienced and short that I did not answer. I was able to get a hold of her later in the day and she could hardly read the results to me or explain what I needed to do next. I am not one to ever complain or make a fuss but I will not be going back or dealing with this office again.

January 17th, 2013
patient 10 yrs
Very patient and understanding and listens well to my health concerns. Always kind and polite even when I am grumpy due to chronic pain. Fortunate to have Dr. Maestrello as my specialist.

December 4th, 2011
WONDERFUL!
Both my husband I are patients of Dr. Maestrello; and we both are quite pleased. Other than one office associate who is a bit bitter at life and the world, the rest of the office staff, Dr Maestrello and the NP, Shawna Blowe, very much make up for any short comings by the front desk associate.