Dr. Steven Mamerow Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Mamerow?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 17th, 2016

STAY AWAY!

Dr. Mamerow is not competent. We have strong reasons to believe he may be abusing narcotics (ie. his pupils are always pinpoint, his behavior is erratic and inconsistent). My mom attempted to see him to establish care with a primary care physician. Dr. Mamerow ridiculed her, made fun of her, and belittled her concerns over neurological changes following a head injury, saying "I have x-ray vision and can see through your head, and I know that you do not need another CT scan." Yes, he actually said this, word-for-word. My mom put up with his rude comments and behavior because she wanted to have help following the injury. He would say: "Don't gain weight or your done for"; "your normal only on paper." He would also make sexually-inappropriate comments (ie. "I can come and make house visits if you'd like.") He would call her old, made fun of her health issues, and we believe the review on RateMDs, on how he treated another patient (ie. making fun of them, not giving input, inappropriate assessments). When my mom had a headache following the head injury, he took his fingers and jabbed the sides of her temples as hard as he could, laughing like it was a joke, but it hurt her very badly. Another time, at the end of a visit, he came up to her and squeezed her head very tightly and would not let go until she winced and had to shake him away. This was after he knew she had a head injury, keep in mind. The final insult to injury was when he dismissed my mom as patient, because she had had a bad experience with another physician, completely separate of the clinic! He cares more about his reputation and his jokester facade than helping his patients and maintaining professional relationships. Please, stay away from this "doctor." He is not knowledgeable, helpful, or compassionate. He is rude, his moods vacillate, he is unprofessional, and be will injure you with poor medical practices.

April 15th, 2013

Great DR.

I had to switch Doctors because my old Dr. went to teach. So I picked Dr. Mamerow because I heard good things. For me switching Dr.s is not easy. I have a hard time trusting and adjusting to change but Dr. Mamerow put me at ease with his humor right away. Also he spends time with you and answers all your questions no matter how trivial some of them might be. He does not rush you either and is an all around nice guy. I highly recomend him if you are looking for a new Dr. :)

May 31st, 2012

A good, caring doctor who takes the time to listen & explain

Doctor Mamerow is unique in the amount of time he is willing to spend with his patients. I have never felt rushed while in his office. He is responsive to my needs and questions. I wish his office staff offered the same level of professionalism and compassion.

December 3rd, 2011

Super, patient, good sense of humor.

Dr. Mamarow is comfortable to be with. He explains things well (to me, sometimes twice!!!). He listens well. Will continue to be his patient until I go to the Great Spirit in the sky.

September 21st, 2017