Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Unacceptable  |  show details
by Lisa W on Aug 3rd, 2014

My mom saw Dr Mardjetko for a spine fracture. We waited 3 hours and he spent less than 5 minutes with us. He basically measured her X-rays and never addressed us while speaking. He was abrupt and condescending. He did not want to answer questions. We were grateful that she didn't need surgery. We will not follow up with him. I am also in the medical field and know that this is not standard treatment. We have seen the hand specialist and hip specialist at IBJI and they were wonderful, spending an appropriate amount of time With us.

|  Who Else Can Do It?  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2014

Who else can do what Dr. Mardjetko does? Yes, the waits can be long and the visits short, but the surgeries are complex and extraordinary. If you're coming back for a follow up, you're obviously doing better and don't have the problems and anxiety that you did before surgery. So, he spent more time with me before surgery to answer my questions than he did after my surgery. If he could perform your spine surgery in a few minutes like a quick arthoscopic knee repair, it would be different. It's not like going the quick care clinic and getting stitches when you hurt yourself. I think Dr. M and his staff are great. They are super busy, but I believe they care about all of their patients. He clearly can make you wait, as I can attest to. But, I couldn't be happier with the results.

|  Think about it!  |  show details
by Mary Smith on Jul 3rd, 2014

To all the negative comments....take into consideration the thousands of patients he sees. Of course an ortho will have a PA on his staff that can ask quesitons and summize the symptoms in MEDICAL detail to the Dr. And as someone else said..He is worth the wait. I have several individuals..did I say SEVERAL!!! with success stories from Dr. M and the entire IBJI group. They keep up with latest treatments, ARE STILL invloved with reseracfhing new treatments, take on A LOT of probono work and do surgeries. And if you are unaware...COMMON medical practice is set up as a production line. It is the only way that they can handle the load of patients. This even goes for surgeries. AFter a surgeon completes yours..he is on to the next and the next all in a days time. The PA's are there for follow up and the hospital staff is there to document. This is the real world. Face paced..it by no means shold reflect the lack of concern when a doctor simply tells you like it is and NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR.

|  take a number, wait in line  |  show details
by slw on Jun 5th, 2014

If you are lucky enough to be seen reasonably promptly, it must be you're having surgery. Once you are post op be prepared to wait between 1.5 and 3 hrs to get 5 minutes of the Great Man's time. I've waited 1.5 hrs as the FIRST appt of the day only to be seen by the Physicians Assistant because the Great One was in a meeting

by Mary S on May 10th, 2014

My daughter is seeing the doctor for scoliosis. I asked a question about a different brace he doesn't use. He basically told me if I didn't like what he prescribed, I could find another doctor. Rude, arrogant and he walked out on me while I was still speaking to him. complete disrespect for his patients

|  Rude/unprofessional/cocky  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2013

he might be elite dr./surgeon but he cares LESS about his patients. He was rude and unprofessional. He only cares about making money, not about the wellbeing of his patients. I waited over an hour in the waiting room, then he spent MAYBE 3 minuets in the room with me. He pushed me off because of my HMO insurance. My feelings were hurt and I am very upset that this Dr. cares more about his paycheck then my health.

|  Dr mardjetko  |  show details
by John Doe on Sep 2nd, 2013

The first time you go there they take you in right away and you see doctor for a good amount of time . Then after they do surgery then you sit at doc office for hours on end and only see doc for a minute or two if your lucky...it seems like they don't really care for their patients just the money ...

|  BEST DOCTOR ANYONE COULD ASK FOR  |  show details
by S. cobars on Jul 29th, 2013

As I'm reading all the reviews of how dr. Marjetko did such a horrible job on your family member I was appalled on your remarks! YOU STILL AVE THEM BY YOUR SIDE AND THIS DOCTOR PERFORMS THE BEST SURGERY ANY OTHER DOCTOR CAN. HE AND HIS STAFF ARE GREAT, HONEST, HELPFUL AND CAREING. THEY DO NOT MAKE U FEEL LIKE YOUR ON AN ASSEMBLY LINE, DO YOU FORGET YOUR NOT THE ONLY PAITENTS HE HAS. YES I TOO HAVE WAITED FOR HIM TO SEE OUR SON FOR HOURS TOO, BUT IT IS WORTH IT BECAUSE HE THE BEST AND FOR THOSE WHO SY THY BARRED HIM, CHANGED HIM OR WENT TO ANOTHER DOCTOR, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. I WILL ALWAYS TAKE MY SON TO HIM AND HIS STAFF! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK YOU DO DR. MARJETKO AND NADINE.

|  FMLA  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2013

We were referred to the office from my sons oncologist. However, it was my daughter that needed to be evaluated for her atypical scoliosis. I had FMLA paperwork filled out initially. Then when I went to have the FMLA paperwork renewed, the office refused to fill out the paperwork. Office staff specifically stating that there was evening appts available so I didn't need to miss work. However, at the time of scheduling the f/u appts no evening appts were available to me w/in the time frame the Dr. wanted her to be seen. I had also established care w/ the physican and he refuses to fill out FMLA for me as well because he says once again, i have evening appts available. I think he fails to realize how fast the evening appts go. Another thing is he said he refuses to fill out the FMLA because "my daughter is no longer a candidate for surgery". And she is no longer under his care unless she developes pain again. The office visits make you feel like an assembly line. You can spend up to 4 hrs waiting and the Dr. himself only spends about 5 minutes max w/ you.. if you are lucky. I myself work in the health care business. I know what it feels like when the Dr. is overbooked and the staff is overworked. I have never had such a struggle and lack of coorperation w/ FMLA paperwork. My family will no longer going to follow w/ this physician.

|  long long wait, very unsatisfied  |  show details
by ann on Jun 10th, 2013

I arrived early with my injured 6 year old for a 1:00 p.m. appointment. After waiting over an hour and a half, we were placed in an exam room for another hour and a half. Meanwhile, the student doctor who did our first interview did not understand why we were there to see a spinal specialist (which he is in addition to a pediatric orthopaedist) When the doctor finally arrived at 3:45, he quickly went through the exam and wanted to see her again next week to cast. He did not give any instructions about her care and I had to question him as he hurriedly exited into the hallway. I then had to sit at the appointment desk for the "Monday appointment" which of course was booked for the next three weeks. The receptionist attempted to contact the doctor's staff about the appointment and the staff did not return his call/text. I felt sorry for the receptionist as well. I finally gave up by the time it was 4:10. The experience was unacceptable and I will find another doctor.

|  UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE, GOD COMPLEX  |  show details
by Michael Keating on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr Mardjetko paralyzed our daughter and then proceeded to blame everyone at the hospital. First he blamed the nurses and then the anesthesiologist. Him and the people on his TEAM were all rude and arrogant. He or one of his colleagues would sneak in while we were out of the room and check on her. Even when we had a sign posted on the door. We asked for no one to talk about her condition in front of her and they still would. We finally had him removed from her case and barred him from seeing her files.including future care. The staff at the hospital was wonderful but we still think its wrong that we were charged over $300,000 for the first surgery that was botched. We haven't yet but are still considering legal action. She was paralyzed for about 2 weeks and had to undergo months of rehab. THANK GOD she got feeling back in her legs and back. She had to have 3 spinal surgeries to correct her scoliosis. If anyone would like to contact me with questions on our experience with Dr Mardjetko please feel free to email me at TVB95@sbcglobal.net

|  The best orthopedic doctor I've ever had!  |  show details
by Sue K on Feb 18th, 2013

Chronic back pain caused by an injury had totally destroyed my quality of life. Standing, even for a few minutes, caused unmanageable pain despite the oral morphine and anti-inflammatory meds I was on. Previous corrective surgery (performed elsewhere by a different doctor) was unsuccessful. During my first visit to Dr. Mardjetko he carefully examined me, accurately diagnosed the problems with my spine, and explained what type of surgery would be needed in order to stabilize it. The surgery went very well and my pain has definitely been reduced. I've always found him to be friendly, professional, and VERY knowledgeable. I fully trust him. His nurse, Nadine, is second to none. Yes, I've had some long waiting times at his office but to me he's well worth it. His skill, knowledge, and experience is far more important to me than the length of time I have to wait in the waiting room.

|  overated and overpaid  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2013

Appointments every 15 minutes-is "my care" his first responsibility? How long do we wait? TOO LONG! Individual care was not recieved, but a "cookie cutter" treatment was. This is what is "usually done" so this is what will be done this time. Wrong Medication , oh, here is a different prescription, not once but twice. I thin he is a legend in his own mind.

|  BEST DOCTOR MY SON ALLEN HAS EVER HAD. THAN YOU AND NADINE VERY MUCH.  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2012

THANKS TO DR. MARJETKO, ALLEN'S SPINE IS ALMOST PERFECT. HE IS NOT IN AS MUCH PAIN AS HE WAS BEFORE. HE HAS SAVED HIS LIFE OF PAIN AND SUFFERING. I WOULD RECOMEND HIM TO EVERYONE WHO NEEDS AND KIND OF SURGERY. I ALSO THANK HIS NURSE NADINE, HER CARE, LOVE AND GENTAL TOUCH HELPED ALLEN IN SO MANY WAYS. SHE ALSO ANSWERED ALL ALLEN'S QUESTIONS AND OUR QUESTIONS IN A FORM WE COULD UNDERSTAND. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

|  Unprofessional and rude  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2012

This doctor may be a brilliant surgeon but he is arrogant, unprofessional and rude. He did not like that I already knew about my condition (I was referred to him by my neurosurgeon as the second surgeon in my upcoming procedure). He did not like that I questioned the amount of surgery he was going to perform since the neuro had told me something very different. He did not like that I told him if it was going to be his way I needed to reconsider surgery. He then told the assistant in the room with us to, "Send her home, give her a copy of her x-rays and give her the MRI disc and I will call Dr. (neurosurgeon) when I was sitting 3 feet away from him. He then walked out the door without even acknowledging me any further. I'm certainly glad he took his chewing gum with him since he also chewed that like a cow throughout the visit. He will NOT be assisting my neurosurgeon and I hope to never see him again.

Oct 30th, 2011

Dr. Mardjetko saved my life !, I performed two major spin surgeries on me , my life is transformed.sometime the long is wait but he is worth it.

Jun 6th, 2011

I love Dr Mardjetko but the 2-3 hr wait before you even go back to the exam room is really difficult. I have to take an entire day off to see him and I spend more than 5 hrs in the office but since he is such a great doctor I guess he is worth it.

|  wonderful doctor  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2010

I had a very serious operation performed by Dr Mardjetko. He did a brilliant job