inactive

Steven Mardjetko MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 1st, 2016
Fantastic Doctor - caring and compassionate
Dr Mardjetko is one of the best specialists I have ever seen! He is thorough, caring and compassionate. He performed a spinal fusion on me about 6 years ago and I just returned to see him due to an unrelated issue from a recent car accident. He remembered me right away. Sometimes you have to wait a while to see him but know that when it is your turn he will give you 100% of his attention and answer all questions that you have. I have recommended him to friends and family and all have had positive experiences.

September 18th, 2016
Unprofessional
I waited 5 weeks for an appt as a new patient. My appt was cancelled same day because he had an emergency. I was given an appt for 4 weeks and waited 2 hours to be seen, no apology for cancellation or waiting. Took multiple xrays waited another hour. Ordered MRIs and then I called 3 times to get results, was told he needed to review and to make another appt. He was very condescending and abrupt. Appeared very annoyed and agitated that I had many questions. He basically inferred that since I was not a surgical case , I had wasted his time. Whole experience left me unimpressed. I should have read reviews first. Will not be going back to follow up with him.

May 8th, 2016
Knowledgeable and Worth the Wait!
Dr. Mardjetko has been taking care of my child for many years. We came to him because of his expertise in diagnosing difficult spinal conditions. He is very knowledgable in spinal conditions and has been following our child and shows the utmost concern and his best interest at hand. We do not mind waiting for the expertise advice. As we have research Dr. Mardjetko we found that he is rated top 25 in the country for spinal surgery, teaches residents, educates nurses and healthcare staff and has been honored with many awards for his service to others. We recommend him highly even though he is busy. Worth the wait.

October 22nd, 2015
Oh my. I arrived at 1:45 and left and 5:30. Be prepared to wait and wait and wait. Once Dr. Mardjetko makes his way to you, he is very knowledgable. He does talk to the Dr. that he is trying to instruct--in medical terms. I wish he would relay that same information to me in patient friendly language. A shame because I think he really knows his field.

May 4th, 2015
Consistently have to wait 2-3 hours after appointment time. Office staff is horribly rude. Won't even allow me to speak to anyone or give me my child's medical records

January 19th, 2015
Disrespectful
I had a "first " appointment of the day at 8:30am. The doctor didn't show up until after 10:15! His staff had no idea where he was or when he would come in. When he finally did show up, he was abrupt , rude and offered no apology. We were completely shocked by his bedside manner. His staff apologized profusely and in speaking with other patients this is a common occurrence. He may be a good surgeon but his behavior and treatment of human beings is disgraceful.

August 3rd, 2014
Unacceptable
My mom saw Dr Mardjetko for a spine fracture. We waited 3 hours and he spent less than 5 minutes with us. He basically measured her X-rays and never addressed us while speaking. He was abrupt and condescending. He did not want to answer questions. We were grateful that she didn't need surgery. We will not follow up with him. I am also in the medical field and know that this is not standard treatment. We have seen the hand specialist and hip specialist at IBJI and they were wonderful, spending an appropriate amount of time With us.

July 28th, 2014
Who Else Can Do It?
Who else can do what Dr. Mardjetko does? Yes, the waits can be long and the visits short, but the surgeries are complex and extraordinary. If you're coming back for a follow up, you're obviously doing better and don't have the problems and anxiety that you did before surgery. So, he spent more time with me before surgery to answer my questions than he did after my surgery. If he could perform your spine surgery in a few minutes like a quick arthoscopic knee repair, it would be different. It's not like going the quick care clinic and getting stitches when you hurt yourself. I think Dr. M and his staff are great. They are super busy, but I believe they care about all of their patients. He clearly can make you wait, as I can attest to. But, I couldn't be happier with the results.

July 3rd, 2014
Think about it!
To all the negative comments....take into consideration the thousands of patients he sees. Of course an ortho will have a PA on his staff that can ask quesitons and summize the symptoms in MEDICAL detail to the Dr. And as someone else said..He is worth the wait. I have several individuals..did I say SEVERAL!!! with success stories from Dr. M and the entire IBJI group. They keep up with latest treatments, ARE STILL invloved with reseracfhing new treatments, take on A LOT of probono work and do surgeries. And if you are unaware...COMMON medical practice is set up as a production line. It is the only way that they can handle the load of patients. This even goes for surgeries. AFter a surgeon completes yours..he is on to the next and the next all in a days time. The PA's are there for follow up and the hospital staff is there to document. This is the real world. Face paced..it by no means shold reflect the lack of concern when a doctor simply tells you like it is and NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR.

June 5th, 2014
take a number, wait in line
If you are lucky enough to be seen reasonably promptly, it must be you're having surgery. Once you are post op be prepared to wait between 1.5 and 3 hrs to get 5 minutes of the Great Man's time. I've waited 1.5 hrs as the FIRST appt of the day only to be seen by the Physicians Assistant because the Great One was in a meeting

May 10th, 2014
My daughter is seeing the doctor for scoliosis. I asked a question about a different brace he doesn't use. He basically told me if I didn't like what he prescribed, I could find another doctor. Rude, arrogant and he walked out on me while I was still speaking to him. complete disrespect for his patients

November 1st, 2013
Rude/unprofessional/cocky
he might be elite dr./surgeon but he cares LESS about his patients. He was rude and unprofessional. He only cares about making money, not about the wellbeing of his patients. I waited over an hour in the waiting room, then he spent MAYBE 3 minuets in the room with me. He pushed me off because of my HMO insurance. My feelings were hurt and I am very upset that this Dr. cares more about his paycheck then my health.