Dr. Steven Marini MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 4th, 2010
Made diagnosis and incorrect prognosis without even seeing patient
Dr. Marini is a reviewer for Anthem Blue Cross. He is one of those doctors who is hired by insurance companies to decide that patients should not receive insurance benefits they need to recover from serious injury. My mother became paralyzed from Guillain Barre after a flu shot and had a stroke during treatment. Yale doctors said they had never seen a case that serious or complicated and that they could not make a definite prognosis. They did predict that she would eventually be able to walk with assistance. She has been hospitalized, not always with the appropriate rehab, for a year. When her doctors asked for additional rehab and care in a nursing home, Dr. Marini decided, without taking into account letters and records from the doctors and therapists who had been treating her at acute rehab, that my mother could go home and that insurance should not pay for her care anymore. He decided she was not going to get any better. He never even bothered to contact my mother's doctors and supposedly examined hundreds of pages of records and made this decision in less than a day. My mother has been making slow but steady progress appropriate for Guillain Barre Syndrome, which is different for every person. He had no right to decide that my mothers life was over at 65 years old. She is determined to get better and deserves the right to continue treatment. I need to take time to care for my mother, not fight doctors and insurance companies who have never even met my mother.

May 1st, 2009
Dr Marini was able to provide a successful treatment plan for me
After 3 years of trying to improve after an injury, Dr Marini was able to create a treatment plan and took personal interest in my progress. With 2 years of physicial therapy and hard work, I went from debilitated to well.