Dr. Steven Mash MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

November 9th, 2015
Stay away!!!
Seen this Dr because of a work injury. I picked him out because I needed a doctor who can do surgery. I told him of all my complaints, back, hip knee. He only looked at knee even though I had other complaints. Had surgery, my back and hip never got better. Some time after the knee surgery He told me I better go see a hip dr. When he found out I had a hip problem and back problem he washed his hands of me and said you knee is fine so you can go back to work with the knee. He did not pay any attention to my other problems wanted the money for the knee and then stopped care. Because of this I had to find other doctors and Workers Comp is fighting it because of his mis diagnosis.

January 16th, 2015
I went to see Dr. Mash for a work comp case. The receptionists I dealt with were very rude and acted annoyed every time I talked to them or asked a question. When it came time for me to go in they had me go into the room alone and interrogated me about my case, and made me feel very uncomfortable. He didn't seem to care what I had to say about my injury he was just going by what he had in his report and he was very rude. Just over all it was a horrible experience and I would never go back there.

August 13th, 2012
Recommended
I've been under Dr. Mash's care for over 20 years. He has performed surgery on me, my wife and our son. Now that I am ready for total knee replacement, I will rely on his advice.

July 1st, 2011
Poor Bedside Manner
I did not have a good experience with Dr. Mash. His bedside manner is probably the poorest that I have seen. He immediately started examining my daughter without even acknowledging either of us. He hardly asked my daughter or I any questions and then left the examination room. His nurse came back in to explain what he had found. When I told her that I had questions, he came back in about twenty minutes later extremely perturbed. When my daughter got upset, instead of reassuring her, he got mad that she was upset thus frightening her more. This was an awful experience and we will never go back to see him again.

March 17th, 2011
Negligent in medical care
Dr. Mash does not hold the level of knowledge to make appropriate clinical diagnosis. He misdiagnosed my knee injury and I seeked treatment elsewhere and resulted in surgery. Do not use this doctor he is unethical both in behavior and beside medical knowledge.

October 27th, 2010
Shameful!
My 11 year old son needed to see an ortho spec, so I set an appointment with Dr. Mash. Unfortunately on the day of the appointment I forgot my wallet at home. I realized this when I pulled in (btw - a 40 mile trip) to his office. I filled out all the paperwork, etc., turned it in, and explained to the receptionist the situation with my wallet. They indicated Dr. Mash may wish for me to reschedule. I suggested I would return home, after the appointment, get my wallet and bring back the co-pay. They talked to Dr. Mash, and came back to tell me Dr. Mash would not see us. Yes, you heard correctly, he turned my 11 year old away! I was floored! Here my son is - in pain, in tears, and Dr. Mash doesn't have the decency to see him? What a cold hearted jerk. More than likely I've paid him 10 times based on his acceptance of Medicare/Medicaid patients, and not to mention, he likely accepted federal funds in the form of grants for his college (again tax dollars), and yet he doesn't have the common decency to allow me to bring the money to him later in the day? Dr. Mash has my personal guarantee, given every opportunity, I will share this story with my friends and colleagues, every chance I get, and this is definitely far reaching! I have never believed in socialized medicine, but after this humiliating visit, I'm almost giddy "Obama-care" will force him to see the "scum of the earth" (that's exactly how he made me feel). Wow, this incident will stay fresh in my mind for many many years to come. Thanks for nothing!

April 5th, 2010
He was easy to talk to, and listened to me when I told him about my problem. He was a second opinion...but I liked him so well, I changed my primary dr to him instead. He diverted my having surgery, and explained everything to me, without me feeling rushed through. ONe of a kind!