Dr. Steven Mather Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Steven Mather?

Jody Leven

Posted on October 18th, 2017

Was an amazing surgeon

Avoid

Posted on July 17th, 2017

Spent no time talking to me about my physical condition, and was in a big hurry to get me out of his office. Rude and arrogant I would not recommend him to anyone

Posted on June 16th, 2017

Dr. Mather is very rude and does not want to listen to what you have to say. I went in for a IME and he first said to me I don't know what they want me to do with you. I tried to talk about my injury but was argumentative about it telling me no that's not when it happened! He works for the insurance company and goes against the patient. He said I wasn't giving my full effort basically didn't believe me. I would never recommend him to anyone I would tell them to go to a veterinarian they would get better treatment.

So far so good!

Posted on August 23rd, 2016

My first appointment was on a very busy Friday afternoon. I was taken back before I had even finished my forms...had an X-ray right away. Dr. Mather came into the room for my evaluation and X-ray review within 3-4 minutes of me getting settled. We discussed my history, the particular cycles of the issue I was there for, he did balance and strength eval, talked about previous attempts to minimize pain and then he reviewed the X-rays. He was professional, thorough and helpful. I'm happy to review again once I've completed whatever course of treatment we proceed with, but so far Dr. Mather and his staff have been amazing.

Terrible

Posted on March 29th, 2016

Quick in and out. Absolutely terrible experience. Would NOT recommend this doctor.

Posted on October 20th, 2015

The doctor was 30 minutes late coming into his office after I was already waiting. He was rude. He was dismissive. He slammed the door on me and refused to discuss treatment.

Posted on August 29th, 2015

Dr. Mather is an excellent spine surgeon, I had an extensive back surgery and can walk without pain.

cowboy

Posted on March 1st, 2015

Excellent care of my back and neck. Dr is an expert in Mexican Rodeo injury

Posted on February 3rd, 2015

While I have only met with Dr. Mather one time so far in autumn of 2013 I had a very positive experience. His staff was pleasant and helpful and he took the time to speak with me and listen to me. I had been referred to him by my other doctor who had been doing lower back injections to try to control the pain and inflammation caused by a degenerating lower disc. After 3 injections that did not provide long term relief I was referred to Dr. Mather. Since the only records were an MRI that was over a year old Dr. Mather had a couple of xrays taken immediately and could see that the disc had completely degenerated and I was now in essence, bone on bone which is what he felt was causing the discomfort and why the injections had not provided the long term relief I was initially hoping for. His recommendation was that if I could not achieve a reasonable level of comfort on lower level pain meds was to have a spinal fusion of that spinal joint. Since this is a major surgery, to work with the meds first and reconnect with him when I felt it necessary. I found him to be professional, caring & it was refreshing not to rushed into a surgical procedure. I will be reevaluating this spring as to what my be course of action is.

Worst Doctor I have ever met

Posted on July 28th, 2014

I was sent to Dr Mather for an IME for a work comp injury, I was in an accident while traveling which totaled my car and left me with several herniated discs. The doctor was more concerned with a previous serious illness than he was the injury, he spent less than 5 minutes in the room with me and barley touched me. He advised that he was going to recommend a myelogram but refused to explain what it was. My doctor responded stating that the test was obsolete and only used in cases that the patient had medal that obstructed the view, and that the risk far outweighed the benefits. My work comp said that I had to have the test done, the test itself was pure torture and I was sent home on bed rest for three days. The next night I was taken to the ER and was admitted for three days for chemical meningitis. Dr Mather was rude and disrespectful, I will never forget this horrible experience. Doctors are to care for the patient and their best interest, Dr Mather has clearly lost sight of that.

Do Not Go to this Doctor

Posted on April 29th, 2014

Dr Mather is the most unprofessional, disrespectful doctor I have ever seen. His bed side manner is terrible with zero compassion for the patient, refused to answer questions about treatment options and test he recomends. I will never set foot back in any of his offices and will make sure to tell everyone I know how terrible this practice is. If you are looking for someone to give you a thorough exam this is not the doctor or practice to choose!!!

Exceptional Treatment

Posted on February 20th, 2014

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Mather as a physician doing an independant medical exam on my injury in a workers compensation matter. After having had 9 months of "conservative" treatment, Dr. Mather immediately diagnosed the need for a spinal fusion before I could return to work. My own doctors were continuing with conservative treatment as my injury became more and more debilitating. I was so impressed with Dr. Mather's exceptional knowledge and dedication, that I chose to request approval to treat with him again and feel that I would be in very good hands if he were to perform the necessary surgery. If you have an opportunity to treat with Dr. Mather, I am certain you will find him to be very compassionate as well as quite competent. He is a physician you can put your trust in.