Dr. Steven Matzinger MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 11th, 2016
Caring
Dr. Matzinger and his staff were very professional and caring. I will recommend him to my family and friends.

November 3rd, 2016
Real Question
You need to supply me with the exact date and specialty when I received the services before I can answer your survey. Your request comes out of the blue. Be specific.

November 2nd, 2016
Excellent Visit
I was referred by my family doc. Unfortunately, he was unable to offer a solution to my "stiff neck". He provided an explaination of the problem and an explaination of the (lack of) a solution in layman's language - I'm quite satisified!

November 1st, 2016
The doctor was very easy to understand my problem and explained it so that I knew what he was telling me

Mr.
Good Dr. Operation was good and I feel fine. Almost no scar.

Exec. Director at Teen Challenge of South Carolina
Being somewhat a veteran of several significant surgeries and never having much down time, I found this team of professionals to be very helpful and understanding. The only negative (my own fault) was that I did not have a complete understanding of the extent of painful recovery that I was going to face. They tried to tell me but I had to do it the hard way. We laughed about his idea of taking it easy was a lot different than mine..... Dr. Matzinger has been good to me and his personal nurse was very comforting when I didn't understand the slow process of recovery.

Martha C
Initially, Dr Matzinger thought the repair of my three hernias would require two surgeries, he found a way to combine the procedures to one, using robotics! He is an excellent surgeon, intelligent, and caring man. I feel very fortunate to know Dr Matzinger and would highly recommend him and his staff.

November 1st, 2016
Very happy with Dc. Matzinger.

October 28th, 2016
Good work!
I found the experience of working with Dr. Matzinger entirely positive. His manner during our first meeting was confident with a touch of swagger, as if to say, that my case was a tap-in for par. He explained the procedure, and its limitations, so that I understood well what was ahead of me. The surgery went well, at least for me. I slept through it. Recovery was more or less completely as I was given to expect. Now, about three weeks out, I feel completely normal. So, I have to remind myself what the doctor said about ladders and tennis. Not for a month, he'd said, kind of sternly. Well. Okay. But.... Okay. The staff was great. A sense of humor goes a long way. Thanks to all of you for a good experience. Namaste.

October 25th, 2016
Doctor Matzinger is a great surgeon. He is extremely dedicated to his work. I recommend him to anyone in need of a general/vascular surgeon.

July 30th, 2016
Excelent
Doctor spent time before the surgery to explain my condition,alternatives (which were limited) and what to expect before during and after the operation. Day of the operation he saw me before and answered any and all questions I had. After the surgery he checked in and saw me again the next day with a discussion of what transpired during the operation. Follow up was scheduled and all questions were answered. At all time he was professional, caring and spoke in terms that one could understand..no "doctor speak"

March 6th, 2016
I have had occasion to visit Dr. Matzinger several times. Each time he has been courteous and professional and has always taken the time to explain what was going on and to make sure that I knew what was happening. It is very important to be comfortable with your surgeon as well has having confidence in him or her. I can say that I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Matzinger and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.