Dr. Steven Maynard MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 9th, 2017
Terrible
Misdiagnosed a bulging disc as arthritis because he didn't look at the actual images of my MRI, instead basing his diagnoses off the radiology report. Nurse is dismissive and rude. You can't contact them directly, you have to leave a message and no matter how detailed a message you leave she doesn't read it and doesn't consult with the doctor before she calls back. You have to catch the call because if you call back she will not answer and you have to leave another message. I've never had a worse experience with a doctor.

October 18th, 2015
Dr. Maynard is the best Neurogist I have ever met. I have worked with several since I have a husband and a sister who have Parkinsons. HE IS THE BEST!

February 26th, 2013
Steer away from this "doctor"
I received a diagnosis from Dr. Maynard and wished to get a 2nd opinion. This diagnosis was based on an EEG which his office was unable to locate, and therefore the 2nd neurologist had to re-do the test. Upon the test being re-done I discovered that first test had been done incorrectly (dietary instructions, sleep instructions, number of sites with probes, etc.) which made the first test even more suspect. Upon further research and a certified EEG test, Dr. Maynard's diagnosis was incorrect. Staff extremely rude. Skip this "doctor" and go to someone who has a higher rating and is reputable.

October 8th, 2010
I have read the other two comments on here and wanted to give my opion. I had an appointment with a dr. in terre haute indiana, my husband had surgery so i had to cancel my appointment. I called to reschedule and they told me the doctor would not allow this and that if you cancel he will not see you. I believe this is his lose, i went to see dr. Maynard he was wanderfull. The staff was very helpfull and the doctor, wow. He listened asked questions that needed to be asked to diagnois me and gave me the proper treatment i needed and a follow up visit later. But here is the catch they told me since i drive 75miles just to see him they said " if the weather is bad call and appointments can be rescheduled we want you to be safe." Also if i had any problems what so ever to call and they would get me right in.. I suffer from migrans and if you do you know you want something done about them asap... So in my opinion Dr. Maynard knows what he is doing and provide information to make it easier to understand things.. So thank you Dr. Maynard and your staff..

August 21st, 2010
My mother had been seeing another neurologist in Terre Haute, but she did not like his attitude and made an appointment with Maynard. When she got to the appointment, Maynard would not even see her. He had a nurse tell her that he would not see her and that she should go back to her previous doctor. The other neurologist at UAP Clinic also would not see her. The only explanation my mother ever got for this rude behavior was that she had seen this other doctor. Since there is a dearth of neurologists in Terre Haute, my mother was forced to go back to the other doctor's office and see an associate of his. My mother was very upset at the treatment she received from Maynard. So much for patient choice.

June 27th, 2009
Neurologist in it for the money
Dr. Steven Maynard is not a very understanding or compassionate doctor. He spends very little time during the doctor's visit, does not comprehend what the issues are because he is NOT listening to you and he is lumping ALL of his patients into a label. Each person has individual needs and he does not address them!

April 25th, 2017