Dr. Steven Meed Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Steven Meed?

patient

Posted on October 21st, 2017

Dr. Meed has been my physician for many years and without doubt is highly recommended to other patients not only for his professionalism and dedication to his career but also for his exceptional sensitivity and caring demeanor towards his patients!!

Posted on October 28th, 2015

he listens

Posted on October 14th, 2014

Long waits; never listens; misdiagnosed 3 seperate times. AVOID!

registered nurse

Posted on May 3rd, 2014

I am eternally grateful to Dr. Meed for helping me through very painful periods in my life. I have had chronic pain for approximately 18 years. He helped me many years ago when no one else really did and helped me again recently when I reached the stage of desperation. I had left New York and had almost forgotten about him when my PCP urged me to see a rheumatologist. Feeling pretty hopeless, I thought I would see Dr. Meed as I had nothing to lose. I really didn't think anyone could help me as I had tried it, done it, didn't help many times. He pretty much told me from the start that he wanted to rule out any of the common rheumatologic and neuromuscular disorders and and making referrals, he told me his goal was "to make me feel better." Everyone else either told me to continue with medication that not only didn't help but had very unpleasant side affects or to learn to live with my pain. I hadn't heard anyone say "I want to make you feel better." He was was not authoritative, cocky, or even sure that he could make me feel better. I returned several times. Each time I left his office, he had a plan and each time I returned, he listened and adjusted according to what Is told him and after not too long, he prescribed Placquenil. Initially it was like magic - I hadn't felt so good in years. I regretted that because of my cynicism, I had not thought of seeing him sooner. While I can't say I will ever be 100%, I now feel like I can at least go on living and I know that if I have an exacerbation, Dr. Meed has methodically come up with a plan 2. I will always be grateful to him.

Posted on November 17th, 2013

Dr. Meed is the best Dr. I have ever had. I first saw him for acupuncture treatments--had full use of and no pain in my hand after two visits. About a year later I started seeing him as my primary physician and that was the best choice ever. He spends time with you, answers all your questions, explains things fully and best of all he encourages your input and discusses how your lifestyle can fit in with your treatment. I have been seeing him for more than five years and I have recommended him to many of my friends, three or four of whom have made him their primary physician. I will never change doctors again!

A good doctor overcome with frustration

Posted on June 18th, 2013

I have been a long time patient of Dr. Meed's in some ways he helped me heal me when many other docs were clueless. The last few years I kept seeing that arrogant, insulting, angry person but trying to act like it was just a bad day. He did have this once more personable side. He absolutely is frustrated that he does not make more money and takes it out on the patients and it seems at this point he is "physician protecting" rather than "patient centered" and is pretty clear that he is not really concerned about me but rather if something happened to me ...what would happen to him. I understand the positive reviews because he once had this personable, down to earth, off beat, holistic approach. I also got a variety of diagnoses from him some psychologically utterly insulting but the last diagnosis "connective tissue disorder" via a life insurance rejection.

arrogant, knows little but thinks he knows it all..J- E- R-K

Posted on April 30th, 2013

i agree with the other reviewers that this man is arrogant! what they did not mention is that he is also an idiot. If a dr. (or anyone for that matter) is arrogant that is to me the worst trait someone can have. But a dr. who doesn't know what he is talking about (i think he may be a little senile) is downright dangerous. I think once drs. get to a certain age they should have to be tested for signs of senility..this man has several. I agree with the reviewer who said stay away!!! ..wish i would have taken that advice. His staff on the upside was nice. He is a total loser though and i think that drs. should work into their 80s or even 90s if their health and mental wellness are in top shape but sometimes in much younger ( he is in his 60s) people they show the signs of loss of the brainpower required to be a good dr. My bigger problem with him was as i stated previously that he is an arrogant thinks he knows it all nothing. waste of a day

Awesome Doctor

Posted on July 18th, 2012

Doctor and staff are very professional. Dr Meed gives follow up calls himself to check up on you. Very knowledgeble and confident in his treatment. He also really cares.

Posted on October 27th, 2011

Dr. Meed recently diagnosed me with Sjogren's Syndrome. I have questions about pain that I'm experiencing, so I left him a message to call me on Monday. Then, I left a message on Tuesday. Then, I called twice yesterday. Then, I called this morning and was told he isn't even in. I am so disgusted with him that I made an appointment to see a different rheumatologist next week.

Helped with Lyme Disease

Posted on March 15th, 2011

Very compassionate and knowledgeable Doctor-happy we found him! He helped so much w my husband's Lyme disease and follow-up-a pleasure to go to his office, staff very nice and professional.

Stay away!

Posted on March 14th, 2011

Worst doctor I've ever been to! Don't ever disagree or question the Almighty Dr. Meed. I was a patient for 6+ months. Everything started out good but after 6 months, I wasn't really feeling better. At each appointment, Dr. Meed didn't even seem to know who I was or why I was there. Each time I went for a visit, the diagnosis was referred to by a different name. Sometimes lupus, other times, rheumatoid arthritis, still other times, mixed connective tissue disorder. I can certainly understand and agree with another patient's post, which is that when you're not responding to any of Dr. Meed's courses of treatment or relay to him you're not feeling any better than the previous appointment, everything is "in your head" and he recommends psychiatric treatment! Thankfully, I am now in the hands of another Rheumatologist closer to my home, have a proper, consistent diagnosis and, while I will never recover for my autoimmune diseases, am now receiving the proper medications to treat my illnesses. My new doctor performed more extensive testing than Meed ever did. I'm lucky to have "fired" Meed as my doctor! Meed's "bedside" manner also leaves much to be desired. Obviously he has no patience for his patients!

He helped me 100%

Posted on February 12th, 2011

I lost my coverage for over a year because of being unemployed and I have been miserable since I lost being in his care. He tested me in his office for various things following my symptoms and was able to deduce what I didn't have at the office and then arrived upon what I did. That is what all doctors do and how they arrive to their conclusions. I am calling in five minutes to make a very much needed appointment. He's very knowledgeable about his stuff.....which is a lot!!!