Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Tanner Clinic
2121 N 1700 W
Layton, UT 84041
801-773-4840
Locations and availability (2)

|  "You're in good hands with Dr. Meek"  |  show details
by Mark and Meredith on Aug 30th, 2014

Couldn’t have asked for a better Doctor or a better experience. Dr. Meek helped us out more than we could have ever expected. Whatever the need is for visiting an OB GYN, I am completely confident that Dr. Meek is the right person to visit. He played a huge part in us bringing a child into this world. From identifying what was stopping us from getting pregnant, to the delivery and help throughout, the whole experience has been perfect. Five Stars! 10 out of 10! Whatever the highest rating I can give, that would be it. After struggling to get pregnant, we decided we needed some help. We were told that a women’s center in Salt Lake would be a great place to go. Especially for finding a female doctor(we thought that was important but it wasn't). We went there for 9 months and spent hundreds of dollars there. We never seemed to be able to meet with a doctor, it was always the nurse practitioner. I think we met with a doctor maybe one time. They could never give us any answers and just kept telling us to "keep trying." We were just another person there and never felt like they cared about anything that we were experiencing. It was all about money and was a complete waste of time. They never once indentified any problems and even after switching doctors, never got a follow up call or anything. They were just about booking as many appointments as possible. We met Dr. Meek through what I consider to be a miracle. After talking with him for a short time about our experience he could tell we weren’t getting the help that we needed. He told us to come and see him and we would identify the issue within a month and then work through whatever it was. That’s exactly what happened. There was a goal in mind and that goal was always accomplished. We always knew what to expect and what our visit would be about. There was no wasting time and everything that needed to happen, happened. Dr. Meek is different from any doctor that we have experienced. He made sure to give us plenty of time to ask the questions that we wanted to ask or get answers to. We are a priority to him. He understood our needs, and what was important to us, was important to him. He is knowledgable in all aspects of what he does. He genuinely cares about our wants and needs. One of our favorite things is that he gave us his cell phone number to text anytime we felt like we needed to ask him something. Throughout the whole process that was HUGE to us! He always responded. When you are nervous about something, the fact that you can ask the doctor anytime a question you have, makes you feel so much better getting an answer right away. His advice is always the right advice. He never gave us false hope about anything. Surgeries, delivery, and every appointment was great! He knows what he is doing and knows how to tell others what to do. We never even had to wait around in his office for a long time for appointments. We now have a beautiful baby and truly consider it a miracle to have met and been able to work with Dr. Meek. If you’re looking for a great experience, and want to feel truly taken care of through the whole process, use Dr. Meek. We have other friends and family that have used him and everyone has had just as great of an experience. Also, he is confidential about your information, even if family is asking him about it. The Tanner clinic and Davis Hospital were great places to go to as well. We had to travel quite a ways just to go there, but it was worth it the way everything went. Tanner clinic was easy to access and a great place to meet with the doctor. Davis was a great hospital to deliver the baby. We were always taken care of the way we wanted. The rooms at Davis are great and the nurses, staff and food was excellent! We left feeling so happy and comfortable with our experience. It's very rare to find someone who you feel like is doing the right things for the right reason and not just for money or to get you out of there. Like the picture is his office says, “You’re in good hands with Dr. Meek!"

|  Patient  |  show details
by Shea B on Mar 25th, 2014

Dr. Meek is wonderful. He has delivered my 2 babies. He always takes time to answer any question that you might have and makes you feel comfortable, His staff is also really nice. I switched to Dr. Meek when I was 35 weeks pregnant with my first baby, I was going to a doctor at Circle of Life in South Ogden and was not having a good experience. I am glad that I made the switch. He is great, Also, the wait time is always really short when you go in for an appointment. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes.

by Cynthia Day on Mar 24th, 2014

Steven Meek is a great Dr. I would recommend him to anyone. I love that he is personable, nice, he puts people at ease. He makes you feel you are the most important person at the time you are with him. He has delivered 3 out of 4 of my children. The last one there has been 8 years sense I saw him, and it was like I never left. He makes sure you understand what is happening. He listens to what you want what your concerns are. He is a great Man I can't say enough about him and his staff....Thanks Dr. Meek.

|  Best Ever  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2014

Dr Meek was my surgeon for a hysterectomy. He is the best doctor I have ever had. He was very attentive to my questions and concerns and spent the time I needed to discuss all of my options. I would definitely recommend him to all of my female friends and family and I would see him again :)

|  Great Doc  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Meek for a few year now. On every visit he has been on time and never makes me feel rushed when I have a million questions to ask him. He has help me with numerous surgery's and always calls the next day to make sure I'm doing well. He is a must see Doctor.

|  Highly Recommended!!  |  show details
by Jalair J on Feb 11th, 2014

I recently went to Dr. Meek and ended up having a hysterectomy which I knew needed to happen but I was very apprehensive to have done. Dr. Meek was excellent! He took extra time to talk to me about the procedure and what to expect. He was thorough, kind and understanding and did everything necessary to alleviate my concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

|  R.N. D.O.N.  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2014

I loved that I felt Dr. Meek had limitless time for me. Even though I know he was always busy I never felt rushed. He made my ante-partum months easier by reassuring me, doing labs, ultra sounds, and checks regularly. He made him self available for my questions and sincerely addressed my concerns. He took time to get to know me, my family, and what was important to us. He was compassionate, kind, and professional. I would highly recommend him to all my friends and family, in fact I did!

|  Best ever!  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2014

He is a great doctor. He always listened to my needs and helped me through two hard deliveries and 2 miscarriages. He was always very understanding and spent so much time with me. He let me cry in his office during my miscarriages and was very sympathetic. I am a therapist specializing in womens health and keep up with all the current research with regards to different treatments. He has always been very knowledgeable with the current treatments but has the added experience of a veteran. I have always received exceptional care.

|  Incredible doctor!  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2014

Dr. Meek is fabulous, absolutely unparalleled in my opinion. I have used him for my second and third babies and cannot imagine ever wanting to use anyone else. He is calm, patient, comforting, and very knowledgeable. I never waited for more than five minutes at my appointments, and was always greeted by name by him and his staff. I have complicated pregnancies, and have always felt like I was in the best of hands. He provided me with his personal cell number, and always responds within just a few minutes. That kind of attention is just unheard of these days with other doctors. My deliveries were so Smooth, and my recoveries seamless. I live Dr. Meek, and recommend him to everyone I know!

Feb 3rd, 2014

very caring and professional

|  Takes all your worries away  |  show details
by Emily Davies on Jan 28th, 2014

Dr. Meek is an amazing Doctor and I will tell anyone that asks that he is the one you want to see. You don't need to worry about a thing when you see Dr. Meek and you know that you are in the best hands. I was seeing a different Dr. the first half of my pregnancy. This other Dr. wasn't attentive in our visits, he wouldn't ask any questions or ask how I was feeling; he seemed to do the bare minimum. I can't tell you how much of I difference I felt when I switched to Dr. Meek. He was available to answer any questions I had during my entire pregnancy. Day or night, stupid questions or not, he was so nice and attentive and had every answer I was looking for. He made me feel safe and comforted. He doesn't just see you as another patient, but as someone he is very concerned about you and your baby every step of the way. He's just simply the best.

|  I miss you Dr. Meek  |  show details
by Yenitza Ticay on May 6th, 2013

He is a great Doctor. He always answer all my questions. He is really approachable. His waiting time are really short. I am living in Nevada now and I miss my doctor so much. He is the best!!!!

|  Very insensitive and scalpel happy  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2013

Consider a second opinion prior to undergoing surgery. Dr Meeks is quick to jump the gun to surgery and is not up to date on current advancements in women's health and preventing hysterectomy. Does not manage pain appropriately in a patient with no abuse history and conservative record of controlled medications.

Feb 22nd, 2013

Diagnosed with endometriosis and pelvic congestion syndrome, when asked for ultram to manage pain I was refused and only given options of ibuprofen and a hysterectomy. I am in chronic pain and emotionally hurt my provider is not current with new treatments and sensitive to my pain. I am very hurt after misdiagnosed twice I am still left to suffer

|  Definitly would not recommend  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

I had an emergency and he was the Dr. I got, unfortunatly. So obviously the waiting time was short and since we already knew what was wrong of course the accuracy of diagnosing the problem was very clear. His bedside manner was terrible!!! I was reprimanded and felt like a 15 year old girl being lectured by my father. He wouldn't listen to my insight or opinion and his assistant did nothing but gossip with the staff about my medical situation. My husband was so angry when he walked pass the nurses station twice to hear us being talked about.Dr. Meek spent time explaining the problem however it was more like a lecture. I didn't bother with a follow up visit I didn't want to see him again so I went to someone else.My nurse and head nurse (as far as I could tell) were not participating in the gossip and did nothing but take great care of me and were very friendly and nice.

|  DR MEEK IS THE BEST  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr Meek for nearly 13 years now. He is the best doctor I have ever encountered. He has taken care of me through multiple cervical surgeries and medical issues, 3 years of fertility issues and now my first miraculous pregnancy. I feel like he genuinely cares about me and understands my body as well as what I have gone through. I haven't lived in the Layton area for over 5 years now and yet I continue to drive 40 minutes to see Dr Meek, he's worth it.

|  THE BEST OBYN  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2010

Dr. Meek is so caring and understanding. I was spotting with my pregnancy with my son. I went to a doctor who just told me threatened miscarriage and to wait and see. I decided to get a 2nd opinion and Dr. Meek told me it was a threatened miscarriage but did an ultrasound to check on the baby and did one every week until my spotting stopped (2 weeks later) to keep my stress at ease. He has delivered both of my children one was a preemie and he came back to the hospital after i delivered to check on me and the baby. I go to him for gyno visits too. He never makes you feel uncomfortable and always has a female nurse in the room with you to help you feel more comfortable. He never says "no you HAVE to do this" He always see's what you want done and then tells you if it is possible and if not what your options are and what you would like to do. I've been going to him for 4 years now !!! Love DOCTOR MEEK

Oct 9th, 2008

Dr. meek has been the best doctor i have had. He is very understanding and will give you all the detail you need to be at ease with anything that comes up. He also performed my lazer surgery and he did a very excellent job at caring for my needs. he even held my had while i was being put under. i was very scared and he did everything he could to make me safe. thank you dr. meek!