Dr. Steven Meress MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 25th, 2016
Empathetic and caring
I am so grateful for Dr. Maress and his expertise. I have suffered with chronic Lyme for years and after seeing 13 specialists and being misdiagnosed with chronic fatigue, fibromialgia, rheumatoid arthritis, (and given prescription meds that only made me worse) and told that my symptoms were "in my head" and I "was fine," I finally was able to begin to experience relief after seeing Dr. Borden in his office after being diagnosed with chronic Lyme. I was bedridden for a year and a half, had to resign from my full-time job and lost all of my friends because I literally could not leave my house for nearly 2 years due to lack of energy, pain, and associated symptoms. It's been a long journey, but I'm almost back to my previous self. I can work full time, workout 30 minutes a day, and can run multiple errands in a day without being exhausted. It is thanks to Dr. Maress' vision, knowledge, and compassion for his patients that I continue to get well, six years later after my diagnosis. It is my hope that I will someday, be able to function at 100% capacity, and be free of Lyme.

September 7th, 2016
Dr. Meress is a compassionate doctor who cares about the whole person, not just the illness presenting itself. He is very thorough in his testing and doesn't order more than is absolutely necessary. He is personable and friendly. We in Midwest Wisconsin have the best doctor for diagnosing and treating Lyme Disease!

December 14th, 2015
R.N.
I visited the clinic with my brother who had stage IV bladder cancer 4 years ago. He was seeking alternative treatment. Meress focused on Chronic Lyme Disease, for which the State of Wisconsin Board of Medicine has now issued several stipulations for him or have his license suspended. He is a quack making my brother have dozens of hyperbaric and chelation treatments for his cancer to hold it at bay, none of which had any evidence base. Meress charged him privately, even though my brother had insurance, none of the bogus treatments were covered. In addition, my brother was put on a deprivation diet & numerous supplements Meress supplied. My brother died & would have anyway, but he didn't have to suffer pennilessness or treatments that did no good and could not even be considered palliative. BEWARE and get facts before going to the Fox Wellness Center. Do not be fooled by his kind, compassionate demeanor; he is in it for the money. No wonder he does not take insurance or Medicare or Medicaid: they have watch dogs with oversight. Taking private pay, he has none, only YOU, the patient and their family.

October 22nd, 2015
Life savers
I wouldn't be alive without these doctors they saved my life when I was treated for RA for 6 years to find out it was Lyme, Mold and other parasites in my body not to mention my immune system was very messed up from being on RA medicines for those years.

August 8th, 2015
Friendly. Some of the nurses are not clear on info. Dr Meress seems nice. However, feel like he wants to diagnose you with lymes disease even though that is not what your test results say. He specializes in this area so that is what he wants to see..very expensive to go here. They give you hope that you are getting better but then I feel like I'm a guinea pig for supplements. Spent thousands of dollars here and still taking my money. Not very professional when giving information. Blood tests taken and information on costs is very hokey. Should have a form or info explaining on what tests are being done and how much. They want you to keep coming back and charge you each time to give you updates, this is wrong. My regular doctor calls me on her vacation for a concern about my mother and I did not get charged for that. Dr Meress called me for what he said was supposed to be a 10 min call which I was not told this. The call ended up taking 35 min and I received a bill for $245.00. Robbery I say. I was not informed that I was even being charged for this call! I'm supposed to follow up in a couple of months, but very Leary if im going back!

March 20th, 2014
I will not go back to this doctor.

May 20th, 2013
No longer disabled thanks to Dr Meress
I have been a patient of Dr Meress for a few years. After two years of unexplained disability and many doctors telling me that there was nothing wrong with me, Dr Meress was able to diagnose the root cause of my illness. It has been a long and difficult journey, but thanks to Dr Meress I am doing much better. I am able to work again (after a 2 year absence) and I am finally pain free. He is an angel in my books.

October 16th, 2012
Actually Spends the time to find out what's wrong
For anyone struggling with knowing something is wrong but no one caring enough to find out what it is... HE IS YOUR DR. He will spend enough time with you to hear you out and keep it all in mind while trying to figure it out.

June 8th, 2012
I would NOT recommend this center to anyone; Dr. Meress TOTALLLY missed the mark on diagnosing my poor health, put me thru needless EXPENSIVE testing, prescribed numerous supplements that I could not take; his nurses were rude, did not return phone calls when I problems with the treatment I was receiving. He may help people with Lyme disease, but he completely missed the mark on me. Don't go there

May 24th, 2012
We have seen Dr. Meress for over a year now. Childrens Hospital could not figure out what was wrong and gave us MANY drugs to keep her comfortable. She was bed ridden and could not go to school due to the pain and severe head aches. She has been treated for Lyme Disease and is now able to go to school again and head ache free. Dr Meress saved her life.

May 21st, 2012
Mr. Meress's company is NOT to be trusted, either financially or medically. Reasons: They cancel their appointments with little notice and no reason given. Doctor out golfing, maybe? They extort money in advance from sick people, but as i mentioned, then cancel the appointments. i'm SURE i'm not the only person this has happened to. When i requested my money be returned to me, i was treated rudely, and told, "Our process" can't do that. Well process this: When you keep someone's money, especially when they specifically ask for their deposit be returned (since there was no visit and no services), that's stealing, and at best, very questionable ethics. Again, dear reader... understand this... they demand the deposit, or they refuse to give you an appointment... but then they cancel the appointments, and DON'T return the money when requested. It's a bit like extortion of poor, sick people with Lyme disease. RUN AS FAST AND AS FAR AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. Check with groups like the WI Lyme Disease Network for other nearby places that can help you. There are a number in WI. BEWARE of Fox Valley (NON) Wellness Center!!

May 21st, 2012