Dr. Steven Mirabello MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery New Port Richey, FL

3.8

July 22nd, 2016
lost leg due to limited interest in case

July 9th, 2016
Dr. Mirabello, Patient time...
Dr. Mirabello is by far one of the best Orthopedic surgeons in the Country. The only complaint I have is that I can't get enough time with him to thoroughly understand the recommendations he is giving me for Shoulder -Rotator Cuff unrepairable- surgery. Have accepted the recommendation, but found the detail and videos to support on YouTube. Which is fine, and I am glad I did. My surgery has not happened yet so no rating on follow up

June 20th, 2016
Best TJ surgeon ever!
Dr. Mirabello performed Tommy John surgery on my son who recovered fully after 7 months and returned to play his senior year in high school. He's now playing college baseball. The surgery was complicated because the ulnar nerve had to be traced and adjusted. I feel as if we had gone to someone else, they would've not taken the time and effort to do this. Dr. Mirabello saved my son's baseball career and he's still pitching to this day because of the expertise performed in this surgery. He treated my son like a top end big leaguer. I'll always be thankful for his attention to detail and professionalism during this difficult time.

February 28th, 2016
Credential and Recommendations!
Ortho surgeons are about credentials and recommendations. dont go with the guy with the soonest opening. 20 years of team doctor for the toronto blue jays and "thank you" letters from atheletes of many different sports cover his walls. I also had 2 other doctors recommend him to me. It's important, if you want to be active, to deal with a surgeon who is used to active people. It helped that we had a very good consultation. you dont have to pull out the pertinent information; diagnosis, options, surgery description, post-op expectations, etc. i have ZERO pain after my shoulder scope. ive had good and bad orthos: Good ortho's are in and out with minimal disruption and low pain after (for a scope anyway).

July 15th, 2015
Almost 4 years ago he replaced my shoulder. I complained of very limited motion and pain. He FAILED to acknowledge anything wrong. I went across the country to one of the top shoulder surgeons in the world. I found out that my implant was pointing 80% in the wrong direction plus I Had infection In my shoulder. I am about to have my third surgery to fix the mess Dr M made. How do you put a implant in 80% in the WRONG direction? ....The worst part is that he kept telling me how great everything was despite the fact I couldn't move my arm and I was in pain.... HE REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG!!!! If you have a perfect surgery he is right there for you. If things don't work out he's gone. Definitely not the Dr who stays by your side if you have any issues!

July 7th, 2015
indifferent
it has been 2 years since my outpatient surgery for a spur removal. x-rayed only, no MRI done. During surgery, found more problems and did 3 procedures. After 3 months of 24/7 pain with pt, had an arthroscopy which showed a significant tear. When at appointment, he denied I had a tear. Sought a second opinion, which showed the tear. Did not take me seriously, or admit anything was wrong. I now have a ruptured rotator cuff, which will require reverse shoulder surgery, thanks to his indifference. I will not trust him to perform this. Pawns you off to P.A. I have found a better, and caring doctor.

April 6th, 2015
If your surgery is a success he is there for you . If your results are anything but perfect he can't rid himself of you fast enough! It will soon be 4 years since he operated on me. A specialist across the country is still working on fixing all the damage Dr Mirabello did to me. Dr Mirabello has always refused to admit that anything was wrong .

December 12th, 2013
Excellent doctor.
After my left shoulder rotator cuff had been torn three times I was told that it was irreparable. I was unable to raise my arm even to waist level and I was told to adapt and live with it. I then saw Dr. Mirabello who confirmed that a shoulder replacement was not an option - but offered a Reverse Shoulder replacement, something I had not heard of but which Dr. Mirabello assured me would alleviate pain and give me some ability to raise my arm. The operation was a success as I can not only raise my arm but I am playing golf again and have only minor limitations of use. During consultation, treatment and after care Dr. Mirabello was unfailingly considerate, patient and caring, but always totally professional.

October 28th, 2013
Fantastic Surgeon
I had spent three years unable to lift either arm high enough to even throw a ball to my son. After seeing Dr. Mirabello i underwent surgery on both shoulders. He was able to do these surgeries 3 weeks apart. He was able to repair both rotator cuffs and restore my range of motion and strength. I can now play any sport with my son. Both of my shoulders are as good as new thanks to Dr. Mirabello! I would highly reccommend him to anyone! I enjoyed each of my visits to the office as well. The staff is extremely friendly.

September 15th, 2013
Dr. Mirabello is the most caring and thoughtful physician! He goes above the call of duty to perform the best surgery he can so you can have the best quality of life, and if it is a surgery that he is not an expert in, he will refer you to the best in their field. He has the most friendliest and caring office staff too! Love them all!

January 4th, 2012
Went in for shoulder pain. Was scheduled for outpatient surgery for bone spur removal. While in surgery it was found I had frozen shoulder and Dr. manipulated this as well to unfreeze it. Three days after surgery woke up to entire upper arm almost black from shoulder down to elbow. Called the on call physician and was told this was normal so though no more about it. After several weeks the pain in shoulder did get better but pain on under part of my arm progressing. Constant pain 24/7. I went back to Dr. Mirabello office and after very quick look at arm was told everything was fine as it should be. I went home and pain continued to worsen. I called and went to Dr again and I asked for MRI. Mri was done and again Dr told me everything was fine and the only thing I could do was go to pain management if still in pain. I then went for a second opinion to a Dr in Tampa who looked at all my records, x-rays, mri's, etc and advised it appeared I have a condition called Brachial Neuritis and referred me to a neurologist for further testing. After these test's were completed it was found that I do have nerve damage. Before the surgry I was able to work. Since the surgery I have not been able to work. Dr Mirabellas' office would only give me paperwork for FMLA for a few days as they said they found nothing wrong. I now have no muscle left in my right tricep, have to move from my home due to job loss from the surgery and am having to file for disability. I am not saying Dr Mirabella damaged my shoulder. There were other providers involved in the surgical procedure as well. What I am saying is that Dr Mirabella would not acknowledge that anything was wrong with my shoulder and insisted that everything was recovering as normal when in fact I now have permanent nerve damage that somehow happened during this surgical procedure. I would not refer this doctor.

May 24th, 2011
World Class Doctor
Dr. Mirabello is as professional as any doctor can be. Professional, caring, expert diagnosis, too.I have had both my knees operated on by Dr. Mirabello with an unbelievably good result. I have no pain and virtually no scars from my ACL on one knee and meniscus fix on the other knee. I cannot rate him high enough!!!