Dr. Steven Mussey MD Patient Reviews

April 27th, 2015
Over Charged / Disrespected
Charged an exuberant fee for an office visit when he knew my business was failing due to medical reasons. I paid a monthly payment and he still sent my bill to collections even when I made a phone call asking this to be stopped.

April 23rd, 2015
I trust Dr. Mussey implicitly. He has been my for over 10 years.

March 3rd, 2015
Dr. Mussey ROCKS
It took me a while to find an excellent, caring Doctor when we moved. However now that I found Dr. Mussey, my husband and I could not be happier or better taken care of. He REALLY rocks! And his Staff or excellent and Miss Tammy is SPECIAL...He is a caring and kind man and what I like best is he "gets it right" and really loves his patients! I always feel better when I get there....like yesterday. One important thing is that he and his staff do not have a "more important than you " attitude. He is my favorite Doctor ever and I have seen my share of doctors in my years!

December 13th, 2011
Wellness visits
Wellness visits are completely rejected by Medicare and doctors can insist that you pay the total amount(more money for the doctor) if the visit is a wellness one. This happened to me even though I had some medical complaints which some were completely ignored. The office did not want to resubmit it to the insurance. Beware.

July 27th, 2011
I'd follow him anywhere, and have!
Dr. Mussey has been my doctor for longer than I can remember. He had been associated with a Medical corporation at one time, but he felt he'd better serve his patients in private practice. The terms of his contract required him to practice for 1 year outside the vicinity of the corporate region. When Dr. Mussey opened a practice 40 miles away, I followed him for that entire year. He returned to this area and is the most caring, funny and understanding doctor I've met in my 55 years! He listens to you and not just numbers on a printout. He empathizes with me, as (don't tell him I said this), we are very close to the same age. He does share his person experience with the issues we share and never makes you feel as if questions you have are frivolous or over reactionary. If you're looking for a loving, caring, compassionate man with extraordinary medical expertise as well as a great sense of humor, then Dr. Mussey is your guy!

March 13th, 2010
Dr. Mussey goes far beyond my expectations
Dr. Mussey has been my doctor for 15 years. During times when I have had a health emergency he has gone beyond what I expected. He treats me as a partner in my healthcare. He has a kind manner yet he will tell you like it is. I can't say enough good things about him. In addition is staff in particular Jean, his nurse and Tammy his office manager are kind, funny and professional. I feel like a person not a patient when I talk with them.We all need a medical partner and Dr Mussey and his staff are ones I recommend.

November 2nd, 2009
Wonderful Dr. with Hometown touch
Dr. Mussey's staff is sweet, caring and professional. Dr. Mussey is professional, humorous and thourough in his preparation and follow up. I appreciate that he explains his course of action and why. He also listens to concerns and fears and expalins why they may or may not be plausible.

January 7th, 2009
long time patient
Have found as of the last 5 years that Dr.Mussey seems to have lost his drive and interest in overall management & care. It seems he is just putting out minor fires - no follow-up. No annual preventative managed care such as Paps, mammograms. He doesn't seem happy with what he is doing and slightly out of touch with updated medical latest and greatest.