Dr. Steven Newbold MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Monett, MO

3.8

September 9th, 2013
Professional & straight to the point.
I have been going to him for a lot of years. He has always been professional and to the point. I would recommend him to anyone!! I believe he is one of the busiest in the area. I think that explains the wait on some days.

July 13th, 2012
Not A Good Doctor
I've been a patient for years. Last year, I went in for some chest pain and a cough that I'd had for a while. First they had me see his Practicing Nurse assistant, as they often do at this location. You're lucky if you see the actual doctor. Waiting times are often an hour in the lobby, and an hour more in the actual exam room. His staff like to book several people at the same appointment time, and wonder why they run behind.His Nurse Practitioner thought I had asthma originally. Then later they thought I had pneumonia. For three months. They kept giving me antibiotics, month after month. Something wasn't right. Eventually after a CT Scan, we found out I had a large mass in my lung. Probably Lymphoma, they said.I was sent to Springfield, and after three biopsies, and endless terror, here a year later we now know that I have a very rare autoimmune disease, and my vital organs are encapsulated in scar tissue, making my blood unable to flow properly, and part of my lung is dead, among other things. I have filed for disability, and I called Newbold's office to ask if they would be able to fill out a form for me. I was told, "Doctor Newbold doesn't 'DO' Disability claims." and that was the end of the phone call.I was later informed by others in the community that he has done the same and worse to people around town, at best neglecting to keep records of what his patients tell him of their ailments.

October 4th, 2011
Exceptional Doctor!
I have never had a bad experience with Dr. Newbold. He is very intelligent, honest and caring. I have no problems trusting my healthcare to him. I just hope he never retires! :) His head nurse Becky is amazing as well, she's extremely caring and I've never had a bad experience with her. Patient for 6 years.

September 23rd, 2011
PROBLEM STAFF
Looking for a Dr. Am told that while Dr. Newbold is an extremely good doctor with very good manner, you had best 'stay on the good side of his staff' or they'll simply 'lose your files', 'refuse appointments' and/or 'dismiss' you as being his patient. Am certain the doc is unaware [hopefully] of his 'Problem Staff' and that this review will open his eyes. His Staff Problem is going to result in 'MALPRACTICE/NEGLIGENCE' lawsuits eventually. Otherwise, everything I hear of Dr. Newbold is Excellent.

November 15th, 2010
Blood pressure medication w/o script
Would Dr. Newbold ever renew bp medication without seeing his patient in 3+ years? One would hope not.

September 28th, 2009