Dr. Steven Nichols MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Birmingham, AL

3.2

July 28th, 2016
Terrible
Rude, condescending jerk. Rude obnoxious staff. In worse shape than I was before surgery. I will have to have a second surgery to repair whatever he's done to me. Run from this doctor.

April 14th, 2016
Dr Nichols, A true gentleman
Dr Nichols gave me my life back. I've been struggling with back pain and my legs going numb for years. Because of my weight I kept getting sent to get blocked (total of 7 blocks 3 different back doctors with no consistent relief). He fused my spine from the side and I was ready to go home the next day 6 months later and doing great. My only regret is not having gone to Dr Nichols first.

March 3rd, 2016
Very poor surgery. I have worse pain now than before surgery was performed.

April 23rd, 2015
Jerk
No compassion for those in pain.

February 26th, 2015
Wait time while in waiting room is excellent, before you sit down you're called for x-ray and then sent to wait for a room. That goes pretty fast too but once in the room? Well, the wait is rather long. I'd bring a book or your iPod! I know these guys are busy but they are worth the wait when your turn arrives.,

January 18th, 2015
He fused 2 of my 3 herniated disks. Would definitely use him again.

August 27th, 2014
Don't Waste Your Time
Apt time 1:30pm. Time I actually saw the doctor 3:45 pm. Length of time the doctor spent with me. 5 minutes. Never examined me. Never listened to me. Very condescending. I have never been treated like that in all my life. I left there in tears. I came there in pain, and left there in pain. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Nichols to anyone. He obviously hates his job and just needs to retire at this point. He lacks compassion and is very cold. Don't just take my word. Read his reviews. Wish I had.

August 18th, 2014
Go Somewhere Else If You Want A Concerned And Caring Doctor
I took my mother to see Dr. Nichols several months ago about a problem with her shoulder from a fall and her knees. We went to 3 appointments with him without getting much results. He put her arm in a sling, gave some medication and was very condescending in his tone. He wouldn't let her explain what was going on with her and criticized the occupational therapist that was coming to the house. After waiting 2 hours for 5 minutes of his time I decided to take her elsewhere. He never touched her, just looked at the x-ray.

July 30th, 2014
Rush to Surgery
Tried no other options. Misdiagnosis because pain is worse after surgery. Exploring accurate diagnosis with another doctor.

June 14th, 2014
Great Job
I read some of the reviews and thought this might help with Dr. Nichols image. I had surgery a few years back ( I think 1989) and have not had any trouble with that knee to this day. He did a great Job.

August 19th, 2013
Ruined my life!
This Dr. has made me realize that not all Drs. are looking out for your best interest. This Dr. saw me as dollar signs and performed a surgery on me that I now find out was not actually needed. He never suggested any alternative but surgery. In performing this surgery he caused other problems with my nerves and now I no longer have a normal life. I am in much more pain, and have problems that did not exist before the surgery. I wish that I had know it before, but this seems to be a something that happens often with his patients. The sad thing is that if nurses or physical therapist say anything negative about his surgical skills they are reprimanded. Please please don't let his smooth talking at first lull you into having him perform a surgery. There is nothing I can do about the damage that he caused and the way it has changed my life.

June 11th, 2013
Great Job !!!!!!!!
Fixed 2 ruptured disc in my neck, I can use my left arm and hand for the 1st time is several years, Went back to him because he did such a great job on my right Elbow several years ago and I am So Glad I did. I would highly recommend Dr. Nichols. He has also fixed the neck of Three personal friends of mine and all tell me what a great Job he did. Great staff, Terri, Donna and Kim---- Thanks to all !!!!!!