A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Nissen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Nissen is Poor.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Nissen, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 26 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Angiography
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Stenosis
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Transplantation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Metabolic Syndrome X
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Nissen graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Nissen has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Cleveland Clinic
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nissen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 3 plans
- CareSource - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven E. Nissen practice?
Dr. Steven Nissen practices Cardiovascular Disease near Cleveland, OH.
See Cleveland Cardiologists.