A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Nissen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Nissen is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nissen
Obesity Patient Education Our obesity patient education guide explains causes, diagnosis and treatments for obseity and how to lose weight.Before Visiting Dr. Nissen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Nissen, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 26 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Angiography
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Stenosis
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Transplantation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Metabolic Syndrome X
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Nissen graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Nissen has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Cleveland Clinic
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Steven Evan Nissen MD is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Steven E. Nissen practice?
- Dr. Steven Nissen has 1 office location.
Dr. Steven Nissen practices Cardiovascular Disease near Cleveland, OH.
See Cleveland Cardiologists.