Dr. Steven Norris MD Patient Reviews

• 7 reviews

October 27th, 2015
Smart, caring and always has availability for his patients!!

September 21st, 2015
Could not ask for Dr. Norris and Annette to be any kinder. Any kind of problems that we have they are very helpful in every way. Thank you for being our Dr. and Nurse Practitioner.

July 19th, 2015
Nice Guy and a very competent doctor.

March 11th, 2015
Outstanding Internal Medicine Physician
Patient portal is not always up to date. Dr. Norris spends quality time with you as a patient and if you leave with an unanswered question, it is the patients fault. I have never felt rushed. Very thorough and very knowledgeable and wants nothing but the best for his patients.

March 30th, 2014
Unprofessional, Unethical, Dangerous!
How can you, a doctor lower the value of any patient's worth so low that you don't even feel compelled to do anything. That doesn't just make you a bad doctor that makes you the worst kind of doctor, dangerous. You just don't care! I am writing this review for my 86 year old father who was a patient of Dr Norris for several years. I personally took him to 99% of the appointments and made decisions based on Dr Norris's recommendations so I feel I am fully qualified to give this unbelievable account of how my father was treated and more importantly how he wasn't treated.. It started OK. He ran all the tests needed to make his diagnosis and recommendations for treatment of neck pain & sinus problems. He recommended neck injections even though he said he couldn't find any problem other than a little arthritis causing his neck pain. I thought it was a little extreme at this point. He also had him going to a Dr for his sinuses. After the 2nd neck injection he started having a reaction and everything tasted like salt. He couldn’t eat anything and lost about 40 lbs. He went from walking on his own, to a walker & then to a wheel chair when I had to take him to the doctor for his sinuses. He was very weak and his level of life had dropped down so far that he even tried to commit suicide by cutting his neck. He had to go to the pavilion and was around other doctors. It took months to get his strength back. Up to this point nobody could have seen that he would have had a reaction to the injections so you just have to move on and do what you can. This next part will show you just what kind of doctor and person Dr Norris is. At our next appointment I told Dr Norris just what I stated above about his reaction to the injections and what followed. What he did next just blew me away. No questions, No sympathy. Dr Norris just throws up his arms and says he doesn’t know what else to do. This doctor just doesn't care! He acted like it was my fathers fault. I asked him if he could at least increase his pain medicine so I could feel like we had at least done something, which he did. With this increase I was able to keep my father's pain under control. This would have been the professional time to refer my father to another doctor after admitting that you had no idea what to do next. After this I hated to take him back but also hated going thru getting a new Dr at his age. I should have because it only took 2 days to find a real doctor and one who cares. Dr Norris continued to do nothing. What Dr Norris does next is again unbelievable. After an annual checkup I told Dr Norris he needed a refill on pain medicine and he said just take it to the pharmacy and they’ll call me, I'll authorize it, no problem. That time came and I had to call his office on the 4th day and they apologized and said they would get it taken care of right away. I had to call again on the 5th day at which time I was totally frustrated with Dr Norris. He finally authorized it and also found the time to write a DUMP letter canceling my father's care. I called up to see what the problem was and they said I cussed, which I didn’t. All I was trying to do was get his pain medication refilled prescription. I want everybody to know just exactly what I said. After being told by the staff again that they were still waiting on Dr Norris I quoted what my pharmacist said when I dropped it off. I asked how long it usually takes and they said it depends on how good your doctor is, some get back in 5 minutes. I answered that I didn’t think I had a very good doctor and they apologized for him. That was the whole conversation. All I quoted to the staff was that my pharmacist said ”it depends on how good your doctor is “. I’ll admit I was frustrated but absolutely did not cuss and I think I have a right to be frustrated with you and what you call health care. I want to know what you could possibly tell yourself or what reason you could have for treating my father like he has no value. As I said before the professional time to refer my father to someone else was when you gave up, not make up excuses to dump him in hopes of covering up your mistakes. It's obvious you just don't care. I have contacted the AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION and filed a full report. They seem to have a different idea of what health care should be like. No doctor should treat any person the way you have. You and your staff (front office) have shown absolutely no caring or compassion and even lowered yourselves to a point to lie to try and cover up your failings. P.S. After taking my father to a new doctor he began to improve after just one visit and even stopped asking for his pain medicine. I should have done this long ago. This part is important, I didn't say anything about the problems my father was having with Dr Norris. I just stated what I had to. I let the doctor do what she wanted to just like I did Dr Norris.

August 19th, 2012
Unconcerned
My husband is 84 and a patient of Dr. Norris. He was running a fever every day for 3 weeks and getting weaker & sicker. Dr. Norris gave him antibiotics and repeatedly told him to go him and continue with antibiotics. He did take blood cultures and workups but had we not gone to NWTH emergency room he would have died because he had an abscess on his liver and they found e-coli.

February 23rd, 2012
Excellence
Was recommended by my long time Dr. Urban. He indicated that he was trained by him in Internal Medicine and that he would not hesitate to send his family members to see Dr. Norris. I have found him to be very capable, pleasant, and a good listener. He has been treating me for the previous 7 years after my insurance was changed and Dr. Urban changed his treatment arrangements to a Hospital not covered by my insurance. I would recommend him to anyone wanting an excellent primary care physician.