A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Ognibene:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Ognibene is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Ognibene, MD is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Ognibene graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Ognibene has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Unity Hospital
- ViaHealth - Rochester General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ognibene accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 30 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 9 plans
- Independent Health - 15 plans
- Fidelis Care - 3 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven J. Ognibene practice?
Dr. Steven Ognibene practices Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery near Rochester, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Geneseo, NY.
See Rochester Surgeons.