Dr. Steven Ognibene Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Ognibene?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. Steven Ognibene?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 30th, 2017

Saved My Life

Kind, professional, best in class surgeon.

December 13th, 2016

Steven Ognibene, MD was unprofessional in his behavior and also treated me poorly. He avoided answer direct questions about my colonoscopy and was obviously disinterested in providing any with a meaningful report on what he found. He even remarked sarcasitically, "it was not really a polyp, I don't know what it was" and proceeded to give me a piece of paper regarding a high fiber diet and husted me out the door. I am a nurse and have never been treated so poorly, EVER, by a physician. Teresa(Terry) Scwartz, ANP-C has no concept of professionalism what-so-ever and should be ashamed of herself. She is supposed to be a subject matter expert for the office and I wouldn't take my dog to her based on my 2 experiences with her. I have now left this practice. My original physician within the practice was Dr Grainey who was wonderful and has retired. The office staff is just as uncaring and disinterested as Dr O and Terry Schwartz. Questions are met with rolled eyes and blank stares.

December 3rd, 2014

Dismissive response toward special medical needs

Dr. Ognibene's skill as a surgeon was evident when I needed it, and he always seemed a competent doctor. However there are apparent limits in his willingness to accommodate special needs, as witnessed recently when I asked his staff to please honor my medical needs, as a chemically injured person, to avoid exposure to chemically scented plug-ins, perfumes and colognes which would make me very ill. A few days later, I received a letter from Dr. Ognibene, releasing me from his care because of my "unreasonable request". Shortly after receiving this letter, I sent him a thorough and courteous letter outlining the legitimate reasons for my request, explaining my diagnosis of severe environmental illness, and providing a number of credible, validating articles. I ended the letter asking if there was anything else I could do to help repair the relationship. After two weeks I've had no reply. I'm terribly disappointed at this inappropriate and dismissive attitude, but am thankful there are sites such as this where our experiences can be shared. Thank you.

March 24th, 2014

Dr Ognibene is the type of dr you just don't seem to find anymore. I felt confident in his ability as a surgeon to diagnose and treat accordantly. Knowing that he is a caring surgeon is a bonus. Also it's worth noting that he seems as kind and respectful to everyone, regardless of ranking. It's very rare to find both these qualities (excellent surgeon/kind, respectful) in a dr.

June 30th, 2011

Great, caring physician with excellent staff

Made to feel very comfortable in a non-so-comfortable situation. Quick solution to problem. Definitely encouraged to ask questions.

August 29th, 2017