Surgical Specialist, Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum)
Video profile

Dismissive response toward special medical needs show details Dismissive response toward special medical needs
by Canary in the Coalmine on Dec 3rd, 2014

Dr. Ognibene's skill as a surgeon was evident when I needed it, and he always seemed a competent doctor. However there are apparent limits in his willingness to accommodate special needs, as witnessed recently when I asked his staff to please honor my medical needs, as a chemically injured person, to avoid exposure to chemically scented plug-ins, perfumes and colognes which would make me very ill. A few days later, I received a letter from Dr. Ognibene, releasing me from his care because of my "unreasonable request". Shortly after receiving this letter, I sent him a thorough and courteous letter outlining the legitimate reasons for my request, explaining my diagnosis of severe environmental illness, and providing a number of credible, validating articles. I ended the letter asking if there was anything else I could do to help repair the relationship. After two weeks I've had no reply. I'm terribly disappointed at this inappropriate and dismissive attitude, but am thankful there are sites such as this where our experiences can be shared. Thank you.

Mar 24th, 2014

Dr Ognibene is the type of dr you just don't seem to find anymore. I felt confident in his ability as a surgeon to diagnose and treat accordantly. Knowing that he is a caring surgeon is a bonus. Also it's worth noting that he seems as kind and respectful to everyone, regardless of ranking. It's very rare to find both these qualities (excellent surgeon/kind, respectful) in a dr.

Great, caring physician with excellent staff show details Great, caring physician with excellent staff
Jun 29th, 2011

Made to feel very comfortable in a non-so-comfortable situation. Quick solution to problem. Definitely encouraged to ask questions.