Dr. Steven Overn DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 20th, 2016
Careless staff
He might be a good doctor but his receptionist and nurses are really stupid and careless. They refused to see me because they thought I needed to go to an emergency room even though all I needed was for the doctor to check my upset stomach. Obviously if I'm that sick to the point that I need help right away I would go to the emergency room myself I'm not stupid. They are not the doctor so how should they know what I need? If that is the case then whoever that is sick should go to ER and not visit a doctor in his office. I will never go there and tell everyone not to go there. If you have a cold you should go to ER and not to your family doctor. How stupid is that?

May 26th, 2016
Bad doctor
He misdiagnosed me. labeled me a drug seeker and refuse to treat proven pain. Called me "fat" when I'm not much over weight and put that I have high cholesterol and coronary artery disease in my record and I do not have either of those things. Likes to make appointments just to talk instead of talking on the on the phone, and billing the insurance.

May 5th, 2016
FOUND THE DOCTOR TO BE FULL OF HIMSELF. YOU GO FOR A FOLLOW UP EXAM AND HE DOES'NT EVEN TAKE OUT HIS STETHOSCOPE..

March 13th, 2016
His staff is great. He was very thorough & took the time to listen to all my symptoms & explain the treatment, tests, & medications.

March 13th, 2016
Dr. Overn is the best pcp ever! He has taken care of me since I was a teenager and sees both of my parents too. We will never go anywhere else! His staff is awesome and he is very kind and caring- he spends as much time as needed and never seems rushed. He's the best!!!

March 10th, 2016
Excellent!
He is like doctors used to be back in the day...He listens, he isn't trying to rush you out of the office or type while you're talking. He is extremely smart and is judicious when it comes to prescribing meds. If you want an antibiotic for your cold or virus, this isn't the doc for you. He is wise enough to know what overprescribing of antibiotics has done and why it's in your best interest to take them only when clinically indicated. He isn't, however, afraid to write a prescription if it is truly needed. If you're looking for a doc who is willing to listen, looks out for your best interests, and doesn't just follow an algorithm and throw a script at you, this guy is it. He sees the whole person. I highly recommend him, and as an ED nurse, I'm not one to give out undue praise to someone who a doc who doesn't deserve it. And....he's got a wicked good bedside manner.

March 1st, 2016
Dr. Overn is amazing! I wouldn't consider seeing another physician. He is kind, caring, compassionate, and smart. He has helped me and my family immensely. He consistently goes above and beyond his call of duty. He spends as much time as he needs and never seems rushed or in a hurry. He sits down with me and looks at me while we talk, he isn't glued to a computer screen or tablet. He doesn't even bring one into the room. He is personable, dependable and the best doc out there as far as I am concerned! His staff is also amazing! They are diligent and always pleasant. I would highly recommend Dr. Overn to anyone looking for a primary care doctor.

February 29th, 2016
Expensive and not productive
Getting an appointment was super easy and the nurse in the office was excellent however that was where the positive reviews ended. I am a nurse that works nights and was recommended to have Dr Overn assist me with medications for my shift work insomnia. I explained to him that there are several days I never go to sleep at night on my off days even after taking several doses of over the counter medications. He first suggested that I change to day shift. I explained that me working nights is what works best for my family situation. His next and last suggestion was that I change my entire lifestyle and just stay up at night even on my off days and sleep all day and let that be the solution. I told him this wasn't possible as I have a husband and 4 kids and also go to school. He refused to give my any prescriptions to assist wth sleep and at the end I had a bill of $150 on my way out. I was so upset during my checkout that I was in tears and the checkout staff did not inquire to see if I was okay and just asked for the payment and even more upsetting, asked me to take a picture for their records.

November 13th, 2015
Office staff was new and not friendly. The appointment was for an annual physical. They changed it to "prescription review" so they could have me come back again so they could bill another charge. Sigh... This doctor was filling in at the Baylor Family Practice in Prosper. It is not his "home" office and they shouldn't have had him coming... The other doctor left and rather than close, they filled the office with temps while they searched for a permanent doctor. They should have told me that when I called for the annual visit. The doctor did not seem to understand the history I already had with the same office. It was like I had *never* been there before even though I had been coming for five years... Very disappointed and an expensive waste of time...

May 18th, 2015
Find another Dr.
Worst experience I have ever had with a Dr. ("this too shall pass" was the diagnosis) I had the Flu and was not tested for it. I was flat on my back for almost a week. 2 weeks to fully recover. They called with one follow up and I said I was worse. I called the next day to say I was worse. No call back. I asked for a Dr. excuse for work. He said I could only be excused for the day I was there. Horrendous...Thank goodness I have a strong record at work. Someone else could have real problems from this place.

March 4th, 2015
HealthCare Operations Director
Dr. Overn's has been my primary care physician for 20+ years, I can highly recommend Dr. Overn

March 3rd, 2015
I have been seeing Dr Overn for the past 3 years.. Have always felt extremely impressed with professionalism of the staff and Dr Overn.. The road to good health is not necessarily easy. Dr Overn was honest and detailed in his approach. He put me on a path of wellness that I believed in. I am grateful for his advice and services.