Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Bad doctor show details Bad doctor
by Everett on May 26th, 2016

He misdiagnosed me. labeled me a drug seeker and refuse to treat proven pain. Called me "fat" when I'm not much over weight and put that I have high cholesterol and coronary artery disease in my record and I do not have either of those things. Likes to make appointments just to talk instead of talking on the on the phone, and billing the insurance.

May 5th, 2016

FOUND THE DOCTOR TO BE FULL OF HIMSELF. YOU GO FOR A FOLLOW UP EXAM AND HE DOES'NT EVEN TAKE OUT HIS STETHOSCOPE..

Mar 13th, 2016

His staff is great. He was very thorough & took the time to listen to all my symptoms & explain the treatment, tests, & medications.

Mar 13th, 2016

Dr. Overn is the best pcp ever! He has taken care of me since I was a teenager and sees both of my parents too. We will never go anywhere else! His staff is awesome and he is very kind and caring- he spends as much time as needed and never seems rushed. He's the best!!!

Excellent! show details Excellent!
by Evie on Mar 10th, 2016

He is like doctors used to be back in the day...He listens, he isn't trying to rush you out of the office or type while you're talking. He is extremely smart and is judicious when it comes to prescribing meds. If you want an antibiotic for your cold or virus, this isn't the doc for you. He is wise enough to know what overprescribing of antibiotics has done and why it's in your best interest to take them only when clinically indicated. He isn't, however, afraid to write a prescription if it is truly needed. If you're looking for a doc who is willing to listen, looks out for your best interests, and doesn't just follow an algorithm and throw a script at you, this guy is it. He sees the whole person. I highly recommend him, and as an ED nurse, I'm not one to give out undue praise to someone who a doc who doesn't deserve it. And....he's got a wicked good bedside manner.

Mar 1st, 2016

Dr. Overn is amazing! I wouldn't consider seeing another physician. He is kind, caring, compassionate, and smart. He has helped me and my family immensely. He consistently goes above and beyond his call of duty. He spends as much time as he needs and never seems rushed or in a hurry. He sits down with me and looks at me while we talk, he isn't glued to a computer screen or tablet. He doesn't even bring one into the room. He is personable, dependable and the best doc out there as far as I am concerned! His staff is also amazing! They are diligent and always pleasant. I would highly recommend Dr. Overn to anyone looking for a primary care doctor.

Expensive and not productive show details Expensive and not productive
Feb 29th, 2016

Getting an appointment was super easy and the nurse in the office was excellent however that was where the positive reviews ended. I am a nurse that works nights and was recommended to have Dr Overn assist me with medications for my shift work insomnia. I explained to him that there are several days I never go to sleep at night on my off days even after taking several doses of over the counter medications. He first suggested that I change to day shift. I explained that me working nights is what works best for my family situation. His next and last suggestion was that I change my entire lifestyle and just stay up at night even on my off days and sleep all day and let that be the solution. I told him this wasn't possible as I have a husband and 4 kids and also go to school. He refused to give my any prescriptions to assist wth sleep and at the end I had a bill of $150 on my way out. I was so upset during my checkout that I was in tears and the checkout staff did not inquire to see if I was okay and just asked for the payment and even more upsetting, asked me to take a picture for their records.

Nov 13th, 2015

Office staff was new and not friendly. The appointment was for an annual physical. They changed it to "prescription review" so they could have me come back again so they could bill another charge. Sigh... This doctor was filling in at the Baylor Family Practice in Prosper. It is not his "home" office and they shouldn't have had him coming... The other doctor left and rather than close, they filled the office with temps while they searched for a permanent doctor. They should have told me that when I called for the annual visit. The doctor did not seem to understand the history I already had with the same office. It was like I had *never* been there before even though I had been coming for five years... Very disappointed and an expensive waste of time...

Find another Dr. show details Find another Dr.
May 18th, 2015

Worst experience I have ever had with a Dr. ("this too shall pass" was the diagnosis) I had the Flu and was not tested for it. I was flat on my back for almost a week. 2 weeks to fully recover. They called with one follow up and I said I was worse. I called the next day to say I was worse. No call back. I asked for a Dr. excuse for work. He said I could only be excused for the day I was there. Horrendous...Thank goodness I have a strong record at work. Someone else could have real problems from this place.

HealthCare Operations Director show details HealthCare Operations Director
by DC on Mar 4th, 2015

Dr. Overn's has been my primary care physician for 20 years, I can highly recommend Dr. Overn

by Eric on Mar 3rd, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Overn for the past 3 years.. Have always felt extremely impressed with professionalism of the staff and Dr Overn.. The road to good health is not necessarily easy. Dr Overn was honest and detailed in his approach. He put me on a path of wellness that I believed in. I am grateful for his advice and services.

Loyal to Doctor O show details Loyal to Doctor O
by HappyCamper on Mar 3rd, 2015

I have been seeing Doctor Overn for over 22 years. His staff feels like family, the environment is relaxed and sanitary, and I have always felt comfortable under his care. Thank you for taking care of me and my family!

by John on Mar 2nd, 2015

Great Doctor in the McKinney/Stonebridge area early AM hours

by Jerry Watts on Dec 24th, 2014

GREAT DOC and STAFF

Oct 8th, 2014

Dr. Overn has been my PCP for 18 years. His staff is always accommodating, courteous and helpful. Dr. Overn is always thorough in his analysis of my ailment, follows through with additional help and referrals. He spends more time with me than any of my other Drs.

I definitely would not reccomend show details I definitely would not reccomend
by .Pat H on May 12th, 2014

I went to this doc. some years ago someone had recommend him to me. If you don't care if a doc over charge you, have bad bedside manners, and don't ask many questions--then this doc is for you. He started out ok but then changed. However the staff was nice.

patient show details patient
by ajay214 on Apr 21st, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Overn for many years and I find the reviews very surprising. He has shown nothing but competence and care all the times I have seen him. He is approachable and very nice. He has taken care of me for nearly 20 years and have never had a complaint and bad experience. He has taken the time to discuss how my medications affect me and changes when they don't seem to work. To me, he is a very good doctor. Everyone has something they expect out of a doctor. I expects results and that's what I get. If he is short or rude, I have never seen it. Perhaps I don't dwell on stuff that makes no difference.

Very disappointed in this Doctor show details Very disappointed in this Doctor
Jan 4th, 2011

I will be brief. Dr. Overn has a 'God Syndrome'. His attitude comes across as condescending. When I tried to discuss a problem I had with how he had spoken to my wife, he was insulted that I would try to discuss his office demeanor and walked out on me. I could not believe it and I believe his office staff must apologize for his attitude often. He has misdiagnosed simple maladies causing multiple returns to his office. He does not respect women or their female medical challenges. I will not let this person touch my children again! How he stays in practice must only be attributed to a lack of quality GP's in McKinney.

90% of the bad & 10% of the good when it comes to Net reviews show details 90% of the bad & 10% of the good when it comes to Net reviews
by "Why not blame Bush? Scape Goats are easy to find these days." on Aug 24th, 2009

After reading some of the comments on this post I would take a wild guess and say a few of them are from the same person who expected to to walk in, and get a magic pill to cure what ever issues they were having. My personal experiance with Dr. Overn has been acceptable over the past 5 years. I do not like being on medication but it has become clear to me that I do not function well with out it. We have tried on and off the med's as well as other options. Haveing experince in the world of insurance and after dealing with many dr's all I can say is find one that works for you. If you think Dr. Overn is more concerned with cosmetic than family medicen, then find a Dr. that better suits your needs. Do not expect the Dr. to change on your behalf. Good luck out there to everyone, when it comes to health care in this country we are currently doomed.

A pompous primadonna! show details A pompous primadonna!
by Soon to be Ex-Patients...Family in McKinney, TX on Jul 8th, 2009

After 16 years I have had it! Overn's (he does not act like a doctor) staff is what saves him. He cannot speak to his patients...he speaks DOWN to them. He comes across as thinking he is better than you. Does not listen nor does not show any empathy for his patients! He may impress some, but we have known him long enough to get away from his pitiful arrogant attitude. If only someone of authority would enlighten him that he is not God!