Dr. Steven Parnell MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Fairmont, MN

• Good
  • Bad

March 24th, 2016
The best doctor I have ever met!
Both my ten year old daughter and I were diagnosed with Lyme disease a year and a half ago in Sioux Falls and Dr. Parnell came very highly recommended as a lyme literate doc. We had to get on his wait list which took a year and a half, and I have to drive two hours each way...but let me tell you I would drive double that distance to be under his care. He has raised the bar for doctors for sure. Words such as; compassionate, investigative, Christian, thourough, devoted....just don't even scratch the surface of who he is. Seriously, I still can't believe he is the kind of doctor he is. God surely answered my prayers and led me to the best doctor for me and my daughter. We truly feel blessed to be able to be under his care. He actually asked if he could study our binders full of health history...no doctor has even cared that I brought them much less took them to study. Already by the second visit he has run tests that no other doc has which are revealing and helpful. I saw one bad review here...said he fell asleep while listening... I can not begin to imagine this. He is the oppopsite! He puts his pen down and leans in whenever you have something to say. Truly a gift of a doctor. Get on his wait list.

February 25th, 2016
It took a year to get in to see him but well worth it. I have been seen by 8 doctors over the last year but Dr. Parnell was the first one to identify my problem. He went above and beyond to find out what is making me so sick. Well worth the over two hour drive to see him. Also a beautiful clinic, very professional.

April 19th, 2015
Non better. Misdiagnosed by mayo Rochester for 20years, Dr.Parnell is the best of the best. The patient care cannot be beat.

May 6th, 2014
Good man, over worked, not open to many treatments
I saw Dr. Parnell for about 10 years. The first 5 were okay..then things went downhill. He is a very caring, Christian man, but I think he thinks he can cure all things himself. When my son was very ill he would not refer us to a GI per our request. Dr Parnell wanted to treat our son himself. I have other issues from two deliveries, one that resulted in a c-section.(was because of a poor judgement call on his part). Also when I was in his office he fell asleep while listening to me, this happened on 3 occasions. Recently many women I know have been diagnosed with Lyme disease, all by him. I know he is a wonderful person, but I feel as if he is overworked, and is not willing to refer patient when called for a specialist.

April 10th, 2013
Amazing; thinks outside the box.
Dr. Parnell is truly interested in finding out what is really going on with a person; why they are ill. He tries to help heal the whole body, not just treat the symptoms. I noticed that someone gave him a 'one star' rating for 'ease of appointment'. It is true that it can take many, many weeks to get an appointment with him but that is only because he is so good at what he does. At least he is still willing to take on new patients; many physicians would simply refuse new patients. If he is running late, it is because he is delivering a baby - it is always for a good reason. Even though he is incredibly busy, he still does not make you feel like he is in a hurry when he is in the room providing care. He treats you like you are important. I have brought two of my children to him, and my husband, and I felt it was well worth the wait! He is a very gifted, compassionate, and kind physician.

February 24th, 2012
Dr. Parnell is one of the best doctors that I have ever met. He has incredible bedside manners. He really cares about his patients and their families. He goes above and beyond to make them comfortable regardless of other issues that may be going on in his personal life. When my grandma was in the hospital her last few days with us he was outstanding on trying to help our family consider the options that we had to help her. In the time following her passing he was there for us all throughout our grieving. I could not think of another doctor that would have done what he did and continues to do for our family. You are greatly appreciated by myself and my family for who you are as a doctor as well as a person!

August 26th, 2011
Godly Outstanding Doctor
I have been sick for 11 years. I went to him in the beginning of 2011. Dr. Steven Parnell, prayed and researched my health records. He has found some answers to the root of my illness. I have seen many doctors before him but never seen, how he practices medicine. It takes a long time to get an answer because he has so many patients and researches to find answers. He is a Functional Medical Doctor. He is very smart, kind and giving of himself.

December 12th, 2009
HARMONY?
Small office which means that privacy is an issue and what is kept private in the office lots of talk in clinic do not feel commfortable with visits and some nurses, nurse prac.,etc are rude and talk to much out of office no harmony... which you want people to think of your clinic judge patients on the outside uncaring professionels

July 1st, 2017