A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Paynter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Paynter is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Paynter, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Paynter graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Paynter has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Murray Medical Center
- Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Steven Paynter MD is a male Surgeon, has 28 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Steven Paynter practice?
- Dr. Steven Paynter has 2 office locations.
Dr. Steven Paynter practices Surgery near Chattanooga, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Dalton, GA.
See Chattanooga Surgeons.