Dr. Steven Peloquin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 6th, 2016
Wouldn't go anywhere else. I drive 3 hours for my appointment. The wait time can be long but waiting for this doctor is worth it. He gave me my life back.

March 31st, 2016
Dr. Peloquin
Dr. Peloquin is such a very caring doctor. He spends time with you. He will answer every question you have and has the most outstanding bedside manner. What ever procedure he does with you he always tells you what he's doing. He is very accurate with the diagnosis and his staff are very kind as well. If not for him I would not be walking right now plus don't have to be on very much pain meds either. I highly recommend Dr. Peloquin to everyone who is living in pain.

December 17th, 2015
I cannot explain how wonderful it is to have a doctor understand your pain and respect you as a patient and person. Amazing staff too? Thank you does not really say how much Dr. Peloquin and his staff are greatly appreciated.

September 29th, 2015
This medical provider is HORRIBLE! He has below par staff, that treat patients like it's a favor to see Dr Peloquin, when it is a NIGHTMARE! Several friends of mine, to include me, have developed MRSA and other infections. He is rude and does not have the ability to understand when a patient is in PAIN! He is very rough when it comes to his injections, and feels like the needle is going to go right through you. His PA's are just as bad as him when it comes to be medically treated. Don't go to this provider! Take the time to go to either Topeka or Salina, it will be just as long. Since it is your obligation to be on time to the appointment, but it's ok for you to wait nearly 2 hours in the waiting room. Let me tell you, the chairs are not comfortable at all! So you are there waiting to be seen, its now almost 2 hours waiting; the chairs are very uncomfortable; when it is time to see the doctor, you are more in pain, then when you arrived. Then you are in a patient room for another hour. So finally he arrives, no apology, talks to you for a minute, and he grows more angry/agitated that you are spending his time talking about your PAIN. He will flat out tell you, "you need to hurry, it's after 5PM and I do have other patients waiting to be seen". If he mentions that you need a SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR-RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! Just beware...and go somewhere else!

May 8th, 2015
The most amazing and professional experience from the medical profession that I have experienced in a VERY HORRIBLE LONG TIME. I can't thank this team enough for getting me through a very painful ailment and even scolding if I thought I knew what to do for myself because after all I am a nurse. LOL I love and respect this team for giving me a better quality of life and having an excellent bedside manner. Bless each and everyone of the staff and especially Dr. Peloquin.

April 9th, 2014
Definitely the man to see for chronic pain!
Let me start off by saying that I get profiled by most of the doctors I have seen. Due to my appearance (lots of tattoos, etc.). For years I was just written off as a pill seeker. This did not happen with Dr. Peloquin. I have suffered with low back pain for 7 years now. Previous DR's never seemed to really believe me. (As I didn't have insurance) Well, I finally got insurance at the beginning of this year. That resulted in an MRI which then confirmed my suspicions. I had been suffering with a ruptered disc as well as the onset of spinal stenosis. My Dr then recommended me to Dr Peloquin for pain management. Before seeing Dr Peloquin, I was prescribed 90 10mg lortabs a WEEK! This was destroying my liver. Dr. Peloquin changed my meds to less dangerous amounts as well as changed what I was taking. He actually LISTENS when we meet. We are now going through the epideral procedures to help get my pain under control. He has not been judgemental in the least. We have even discussed the possibility of possibly using a pain pump implant. He has been very real with me about possible risks vs. rewards. He is the only doctor I have ever seen who is genuine with his desire to help me while looking past my physical appearance. Sure, there is usually a wait due to the fact that he helps a lot of patients. But the wait is worth it. His staff is very courteous and help full. I hate the fact that I need medical attention in the first place but I couldn't be seeing a better Dr. He discusses ALL options that he feels will be beneficial to you. Is very straight forward and knowledgeable. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Dr. Peloquin! Its been slow going but you are refusing to give up on me as so many others have! My quality of life ha been improving since I started seeing him.

March 13th, 2013
I am a long-term patient of Dr. Peloquin's, and also a health professional myself. I now see him at the Manhattan Surgical Center. He is one of the most intelligent, thorough, and compassionate physicians I have ever met, either personally and professionally. He listens and helps you find the best possible solution to reduce pain and increase ability to function. He tried just about every procedure to get my pain under control but never gave up. When the pumps came out and he encouraged me to go through the evaluation process, I asked how many he had put in. He said: " I have put in X number and am confident I can do this procedure successfully for you, but I would be happy to recommend a physician who has put in more of these than I have " Needless to say, I stayed with Dr. P - his integrity means a lot to me. The wait times can be long, but that is because he wants to help as many people as he can. He also does many procedures and can't always predict how long it will take since each of us is different, so yes he can run behind. He now has a PA to assist him, so that should help. I just take something to read or work on an try to encourage the people around me who are in pain. You can usually find someone in that waiting room who is worse off than you are, and may come away inspired and encouraged by hearing how they have coped! I have found his office staff to be competent, caring, and overall delightful. I would never hesitate to recommend Dr. Peloquin to anyone.

August 6th, 2011
great a diagnosis
Great at diagnosing the problem and offering options for treatment. Very skilled clinically. Nurses were great. Office staff needs inprovement.

February 11th, 2011
Super Star
Dr. Peloquin has improved my quality of life so much. I was a little scared to go to him, as I am not a big fan of needles. Just a few visits and my back pain is at least 50 to 75 % better. I can do so much more than before. Just staying upright and walking before was painful and I have been avoiding doing anything that required moving too much. Not now, I am going going gone, and looking forward to a great garden this spring and summer.

May 9th, 2010
Dr. Peloquin
I would like to highly recommend Dr. Peloquin. Each time I have visited his office, I have found him to be very thorough in his examinations. He has always taken the time to get to know me as an individual and treat m pain using the best practice.

January 10th, 2010
Cold Staff
My impression of Dr. Peloquin of our brief visit is that he is very attentive. He answered all my questions, gave me all the information I needed to make an informed decision about continuing with treatment (I was pregnant and we opted not to continue until after the baby was born). I also had a problem with my insurance, though he did not help me with it, he did address my concerns thoroughly and promptly.My biggest complaints are about the nurse that admitted me and how the procedure was billed. When I informed the admitting nurse that I was pregnant, she made a sour face and stated flatly "that's too bad". I was quite insulted! I understand from her point of view what she meant, but I still feel this was an extremely inappropriate response for a professional to make! Especially for one in the health care field. Also, because my appointment was conducted at MRHC, my insurance refuses to cover the hospital's portion of the bill as a consultation fee. This resulted in me having to pay an emergency room deductible (even though I wasn't in an emergency room!). I ended up paying almost 3 times as much for Mercy's portion of the bill than I did for Dr. Peloquin's professional services! These matters are still unresolved and keeps me from wanting to go back!