Dr. Steven Petak MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Houston, TX

November 30th, 2016
Unfortunately, my endocrinologist of 14 years retired and I chose Dr. Petak. I was sadly disappointed in him. He dismissed the 14 years of records that I had brought, had a terrible bedside manner, didn't ask me how I was feeling, etc. The clincher was when he even questioned why I thought I was hypothyroid after I have been on medication and been under doctor's care for 31 years. He acted like a big shot that really didn't care about me and made me feel stupid. I really believe at one time he must have been an excellent doctor, however something is clearly wrong now. Read the reviews and check the dates of when things were great and then not. Makes me sad that someone that holds such a prestigious position is no longer the doctor it seems he once was.

November 30th, 2016

August 22nd, 2016
DO NOT RECOMMEND. I am deeply disappointed in the service I received from this provider, after not 1 but 3 visits. Has no bedside manners, doesn't seem to care what I have to say, minimal eye contact, seems distracted and preoccupied with other things other than concentrating on talking about my case. Doesn't know the side effects (that I claimed to have) of the medication he prescribed me. I also had to defend my position on not increasing the dose, since the medication was clearly helping my blood work come to normal levels. Made me loose all credibility on how he's handling my medical care. He has a poor choice of words that give off destructive criticism. Don't be afraid to file a complain for any concerns similar to this. He is supposed to provide quality care, not to put people down and simply collect a paycheck.

April 28th, 2016
Saved my life
Amazing Doctor, saved my life, I can walk and function again with out passing out. Dr. Petak found out after the first visit what was wrong after two other Doctors misdiagnosed me, leaving me bed ridden for months. The best endocrinologist in Houston period.

November 11th, 2015
Not the doctor for me
All he cared about were the test results. Period. My symptoms were irrelevant. No bedside manner, no eye contact, acted bored, give little to no explanation. Made me feel stupid for being there even though it was my internist who requested my seeing a specialist.

March 27th, 2013
Caring doctor
I've been going to Dr. Petak for several years now. I really like him. He is professional and seems to care about his patients. I wish all doctors were like him.

October 12th, 2012
Brilliant and Practical
He's terrific, smart, but admits doctors don't know everything and is willing to try alternatives - doesn't try to force everyone to fit the same mold. He knows that everyone is different and will respond differently to different approaches. He is open minded and I like that. He's practical.

July 9th, 2012
Travis Brooks
Dr. Patekhas taken great interest in diagnosing and treating my issue. I have found him to be very professional and to the point in his diagnosis and treatment in a manner that I understand and appreciate. My treatment is ongoing and will likely be required for many years to come. I am fortunate to have a medical professional of his caliber to guide me going forward. I highly recommend Dr. Patek.