Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
 |  Utterly Frustrated!  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2014

Incompetent Office Staff. Every appointment brought with it a new staff member just learning. No consistency and many mistakes made. When you show up for surgery and it runs 3 hours late because your office staff did not put you on the schedule is utterly nerve wracking. Phone calls not returned paper work misplaced, and sending you for a $1200 test without prior authorization from the Insurance Company. I showed up today after being a patient for over a year and having had surgery, and was asked if I was a new patient. This comes from the constant turn over of the staff. Dr. Pilkington only makes excuses for their incompetence and honestly tried to put the blame back on me!! I retrieved my records an will not be going back.

|  Very Poorly Run Office  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2014

This doctor seems to have a good heart, but this office is so poorly run it is shameful. Records are lost. Waiting in excess of two hours past your appointment time is common. Although many doctors in this field have long waiting times, this office was the only one I've ever been to that regularly booked four women for the exact same appointment time. The staff does not seem knowledgeable, and they always need to ask the doctor about everything, even paperwork details. The problem is that the doctor is often not in, or too busy, and seems to have a strange office setup where his kids have a playroom next to the patient rooms, and his wife also has a counseling office in the same area. Sometimes they seem to have a babysitter there, other times the doctor seems to be trying to take care of his young kids when he is seeing patients or doing paperwork. Often the staff seems unsure of his schedule. Perhaps understandably, the staff seem constantly harried, and, less understandably, they are incredibly rude. I don't usually have a problem getting along with anyone, but I was in tears every time I had to call this office during the year that I was a patient here. I often had to call about medication refills, blood work, test results, etc., and the office staff would tell me they needed to ask the doctor and would call me back. During the entire time I was a patient there, they only called me back once. Every other time, I would wait a day, or two, or a week, and then have to follow up repeatedly to get an answer. It made me feel like a stalker, and all I wanted was to know if I could get a refill of my medication! Or if they still wanted me to get new blood work done like they had mentioned in the last appointment! I felt scared and alone the entire time I was a patient here. They would mention casually that I needed something done on a certain date and then forget all about it. This all culminated when I had surgery performed by Dr. Pilkington. When he explained the procedure, he had told me that he would speak to me about the results at the hospital following the surgery. However, when I woke up from anesthesia, he had already left. I understand this is common practice for many doctors, and I wouldn't have minded if he had not explicitly told me that I would hear the results from him after the surgery. My husband told me what little he had been told, and then we had to wait two weeks for my next appointment to hear any details. Incidentally, when Dr. Pilkington came into that appointment, he told me my results, leaving out something he had mentioned to my husband. When I asked him about it, he didn't remember and had to look at my chart. This was not a small detail, and was, frankly, alarming. My surgery was outpatient, but my recovery did not go as planned and I was the last person in the outpatient area still at the hospital past 9 p.m. The nurses didn't know what to do, and called Dr. Pilkington repeatedly over several hours. They were unable to reach him. The situation finally resolved itself, and I was released many hours after expected, late at night. So late, in fact, that the pharmacy where Dr. Pilkington called in my pain medication was closed. Dr. Pilkington had told me at my pre-op appointment earlier in the week that he would call in pain medication for me several days before the surgery, so we would have time to pick it up the day before the surgery. He forgot. I called the office, but they would often put the phones straight to voice mail towards the end of the day, and I was unable to reach anyone. The result was that my husband had to ask Dr. Pilkington to call in the pain medication the day of the surgery, when we were already at the hospital. Dr. Pilkington readily admitted he had forgotten. Because my recovery did not go normally, the hospital staff would not release me until late at night, and the pharmacy was closed by that time. And we couldn't reach Dr. Pilkington to ask him to call it into another pharmacy. I spent the entire night after my surgery awake, in too much pain to sleep, crying silently, wondering what the results of my surgery were, and if things would ever get better. At this point I realized that although he is a Catholic doctor with good morals, and a nice person, he is not a good doctor. I felt like I was totally alone, and more terrified than when I first went to see him for help. When I left to find another doctor, I asked for my medical records. Not surprisingly, they did not include everything in my file, and I have had to repeatedly call to try to obtain everything. Words cannot really explain how it feels to be a very sick patient and have to struggle to get records, to find out test results, to fight to get your doctor and his office to follow through. If this office cannot handle the patient volume, they should cut back. It's not right to the patients to practice medicine so poorly. I have since seen three other doctors in the same field. All three were night and day from this doctor and his office. I have truly never seen such incompetence. I went to this doctor because he was the only Catholic doctor in this field in the area, and I stayed for a year for this reason. But I wish now that I had not. I have received better care since from non-Catholic doctors, and they have shown me that they respect Catholic views and their patient's wishes.

|  Excellent doctor!!!!!!  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2013

I found this doctor wonderful. Listened all my concerns and explained me everything really well. His staff is also great.

|  An Amazing Ob/Gyn  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2013

Dr.Pilkington delivered my past two children and I absolutely Love him! He is so caring and has really helped me through difficult times.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Anonymous on Aug 21st, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

Caring, understanding, compassionate--qualities I could not find in other doctors near home. So we traveled 300 miles to see this doctor for infertil ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
 |  Compassionate Man of God  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

I just switched to Dr. Pilkington after 20 years with my previous OB/GYN. The ONLY reason I changed was because I wanted a pro-life doctor whose faith would inform how he practiced his profession. I was not disappointed! From my first phone call to the office to make the appointment to the actual appointment and the follow up calls, I was treated repectfully and courteously. The office staff was very friendly and professional. I was most impressed by how genuinely compassionate Dr. Pilkington is. Though my appointment began late, that's to be expected with this type of doctor. Once there, he took his time with me, answering all my questions and giving me assurance about worries I had. I am a 48-year-old premeopausal mom of five and initially had some concerns about whether he would have enough experience with women my age. All doubts were laid to rest. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking a physician of integrity--one who lives out his faith in his profession.

|  patient  |  show details
by Anonymous on Feb 13th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

You will not find another doctor as good as he is. A very rare find.

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
 |  Best OB/Gyn Ever  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2010

As a user of NFP, I found Dr. Pilkington to be knowledgeable, helpful, and understanding. I never felt rushed through my appointments and his bedside manner is outstanding. I am extremely sad to be loosing him to San Antonio, but know this will be a great opportunity for him. God bless Dr. Pilkington.

|  The best doctor I have ever seen!  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2010

The best doctor I have ever seen!

|  Dr. Pilkington is wonderful!  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2010

Dr. Pilkington is a rare find! He is pro-life, and has a deep faith and carries it into his practice. He therefore has a wonderful bedside manner, he takes his time with each and every patient, and he is a gifted physician. When I had to have an emergency delivery 60 miles away with the emergency ob on call, he and his staff were praying for me and my family, and he called the faraway hospital several times to talk to me and see how we were doing. That is just one of many examples of how he goes out of his way to serve his patients! We are blessed to have him!

|  wonderful doctor  |  show details
by Kristin Maroney on Feb 10th, 2010

Dr. Pilkington is a wonderful doctor! He never rushes through appointments and was always very nice to not only me but my husband and children. We hope to be able to stay with him for all our children. It is a bit of a drive for us but it has been worth it!