Dr. Steven Porter MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 29th, 2017
straight to the point
I'm very impressed w/ Dr Porter he is quick while in the room with you, but always listening and watching. he does not sugar coat things, he is a straight shooter. he will get to the root of you problem and fix it if possible, rather than throw a handful of pills just to make you feel like something is being done. You have to be will to participate in your care, he will tell you what to do and if you don't do it and get worse, it's not his fault. he is a life saver to those that participate in their healthcare needs.

April 22nd, 2014
was gastroenterologist 7 years
Dr. Porter, is a good doctor. Took good care of me for 7+ yrs and my children for 2 yrs was thorough and made us comfortable hard to find in a doctor skilled and takes time to make sure patient s understand health issues and feel as if your health needs are just as important to him as you. Unfortunately his staff is not. Last visit racist comment made by tech even though wasn't directed at me I found it unethical and defensive. No follow through,disorganized, unprofessional, not knowledgeable but, will say oh ok, oh ok that will be fine,comments like that to questions like so whats my test for, when do I need to do next? Felt like I was a inconvenience to staff to help answer questions or concerns. Unfortunately, after complaining to nurse about my frustrations and concerns with staff,tech comment and disorganized example: I show up two different appointments that weren't right time or date as I was told. Was told it was my fault and after two no show appts Dr. Porters services would be discontinued and need me to sign a release to have my records forwarded to a new doctor whoever I want to choose? Worst part had myself,two kids needing postop appts. Was told to find new doctor which as you can image its hard to go to postop appt with a new doctor you've never seen or did the operation? Or hadn't even thought about who I would use? Myself and two kids being sick and needing a doctor that actually did the operations and new patient history. Wouldn't see us. I was dumbfounded I asked to talk to Dr. PORTER but, nurse woulnt let me leave a message to him. After several phone calls and trying to stop by office to speak to him "NO luck" so I wrote a letter and still haven't received any phone calls,etc. Im sure letter never got to Dr. Porter. Very sad because I know him well enough after so many years as my doctor he doesn't treat patients like this. I thought about seeking legal consultation but, dr. Porter isn't the problem its his staff and I hope for other patients never to have to experience what my family has. Dr. Porter has changed his staff in the last two years and actually had a partner that has retired so, this is when things changed. Hopefully this will help!

March 18th, 2013
Dr. Porter checked my husbands prostate during my husbands colonoscopy. He found a spot that he wanted checked out by the urologist just to rule out anything. He referred us to the urologist and the prostate was cancerous. So grateful to Dr. Porter for being so thorough.

February 25th, 2012
professionalism
I went to Steve Porter for a standard colonoscopy and found his service avove average. He is well educated and up to date on current procedures and research. Besides,he is a skiier. The latter was probably the most important to me but not my wife.

April 22nd, 2011
I MISS YOU!!!!!!!
YOU WAS A VERY VERY GOOD DR. TO ME YOU SAVED MY LIFE!!AND I MISS YOU!!DR ROGERS TOOK OVER AND I NEED YOU BACK YOU CAN FIX MY PROMBLE!!

June 30th, 2017