Gastroenterologists

4403 Harrison Blvd
Ste 2855
Ogden, UT 84403
801-387-2550
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  was gastroenterologist 7 years  |  show details
by Holl, L on Apr 22nd, 2014

Dr. Porter, is a good doctor. Took good care of me for 7 yrs and my children for 2 yrs was thorough and made us comfortable hard to find in a doctor skilled and takes time to make sure patient s understand health issues and feel as if your health needs are just as important to him as you. Unfortunately his staff is not. Last visit racist comment made by tech even though wasn't directed at me I found it unethical and defensive. No follow through,disorganized, unprofessional, not knowledgeable but, will say oh ok, oh ok that will be fine,comments like that to questions like so whats my test for, when do I need to do next? Felt like I was a inconvenience to staff to help answer questions or concerns. Unfortunately, after complaining to nurse about my frustrations and concerns with staff,tech comment and disorganized example: I show up two different appointments that weren't right time or date as I was told. Was told it was my fault and after two no show appts Dr. Porters services would be discontinued and need me to sign a release to have my records forwarded to a new doctor whoever I want to choose? Worst part had myself,two kids needing postop appts. Was told to find new doctor which as you can image its hard to go to postop appt with a new doctor you've never seen or did the operation? Or hadn't even thought about who I would use? Myself and two kids being sick and needing a doctor that actually did the operations and new patient history. Wouldn't see us. I was dumbfounded I asked to talk to Dr. PORTER but, nurse woulnt let me leave a message to him. After several phone calls and trying to stop by office to speak to him "NO luck" so I wrote a letter and still haven't received any phone calls,etc. Im sure letter never got to Dr. Porter. Very sad because I know him well enough after so many years as my doctor he doesn't treat patients like this. I thought about seeking legal consultation but, dr. Porter isn't the problem its his staff and I hope for other patients never to have to experience what my family has. Dr. Porter has changed his staff in the last two years and actually had a partner that has retired so, this is when things changed. Hopefully this will help!

|  show details
Mar 18th, 2013

Dr. Porter checked my husbands prostate during my husbands colonoscopy. He found a spot that he wanted checked out by the urologist just to rule out anything. He referred us to the urologist and the prostate was cancerous. So grateful to Dr. Porter for being so thorough.

|  professionalism  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2012

I went to Steve Porter for a standard colonoscopy and found his service avove average. He is well educated and up to date on current procedures and research. Besides,he is a skiier. The latter was probably the most important to me but not my wife.

|  I MISS YOU!!!!!!!  |  show details
by BARBARA LYNNETTE KEALY OF FAY.ARKANSAS on Apr 22nd, 2011

YOU WAS A VERY VERY GOOD DR. TO ME YOU SAVED MY LIFE!!AND I MISS YOU!!DR ROGERS TOOK OVER AND I NEED YOU BACK YOU CAN FIX MY PROMBLE!!