A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Portney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Portney is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Portney
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Patient Education Learn about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by reading our patient guide overview page.Before Visiting Dr. Portney Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Portney, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Portney graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Portney has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
- Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Steven A Portney MD is a male Internist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. Steven A. Portney practice?
- Dr. Steven Portney has 1 office location.
Dr. Steven Portney practices Internal Medicine and Rheumatology near Southfield, MI.
See Southfield Internists and Southfield Rheumatologists.