Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
 |  RX gone bad  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2012

I saw Dr. Posson in 2009. I was having dental discomfort and he said he would prescribe some medication for me. I told him I usually get meds from my doc in Atascadero but it was too far for me to travel. I was open and honest and went to the pharmacy I always go to and they wouldn't feel the rx. Pharm said Dr. was not aware of my seeing another MD. Dr Posson was aware and he made it seem like I was drug seeking. I fired him and the pharmacy that day. We have a right to be treated decent. The pharmacy believed him and not me and that really hurt me because I had been nothing but honest with them. Now I see what a JERK!! he was and still is.

|  CEK  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2012

Posson left like a little coward in the night. No warning no nothing. Goldblatt was just an inept piece of crap. If I ever see either one again I will punch them right in the nose.

|  Abandoned  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2011

Does anyone know if Goldblatt is still practicing in Posson's place? Did the building have to be closed for foreclosure? Scores of employees and creditors in San Luis Obispo County are still licking their wounds after Posson and Bartz stiffed them for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Posson is now hiding behind declaring Chapter 7 bankruptcy (for his business and personally). Is he still practicing? Also, where is Bartz these days--anyone know? Bartz is also responsible for this fiasco. Both Posson and Bartz have legal and financial judgments against them.

|  This place sucks  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2011

Worst doctors on the planet! just heard goldblatt getting booted out of his office that dr posson got forclosed on! How sad, i recommend everyone stay away from this deadbeat place and find more qualified physicians in the area!

Jun 6th, 2011

HE WAS WONDERFUL. THEN LEFT NO MESSAGE OR WARNING.. HE UP AND QUIT ..TOOK THE RECORDS..CHARGED US TO GET THEM BACK...OFFICE STAFF IN SHOCK..OFFICE IN CONFUSION !

|  Up and Gone  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2011

one day he just Up and left. sent a letter recommending to see someone else.

Mar 10th, 2011

Disappeared without notice from his practice holding all records leaving only a postal box number.

|  Disaster  |  show details
by Anonymous on Mar 10th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

Hopefully his doctor days are over. Dr. Posson ran a business rather than medical offices in Pismo Beach and Paso Robles. Even with his patient rip of ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
 |  Dr. Posson & Dr. Fred Goldblatt = BAD NEWS  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2011

Dr. Posson has left his patients without notice and his office has been taken over by Dr. Fred Goldblatt who turned up on a DEADBEATDAD website when I googled him. While Goldblatt is licensed with the California Medical Board, he provided a Hawaii address and not the Shell Beach Rd address where he is actually practicing medicine in California. It looks like he is hiding in California in order to escape from those looking for him for not paying court ordered child support in Hawaii. Someone needs notify the California Medical Board and also get the press on this before any more innocent patients are abandoned or ripped off.

Mar 3rd, 2011

i would like to tell how poorly dr. posson left his patients out to dry.how would you like to go to your appt. only to find your dr has left his office and his practice, without prior warning.of course the office said, your going to get a letter...?? This tells me he is not in good standing with the ama or anyone else...what happened dr posson?

|  He closed his office  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2011

We got a letter on March 2, 2011 that he had closed his office. It was extremely sudden.

|  Vary Sad  |  show details
by J.D. on Mar 1st, 2011

Stay Away. Just Want's Your Money. Don't Care About YOU!!!

|  Dissapointment  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2010

My husband and i have been going to dr. posson for at least 5 years..we followed him from santa maria to shell beach, unfortunately we are changing dr. since dr. posson is now to busy to get an appt. with or to even talked to him over the phone...we left messages twice for him to call us back and never did...he wont refill a prescription without an appt. when we had seen him a week before..the whole system is getting stupid, besides the whole staff is different every time i go...is sad we have to change ...we really like him but oh well...now he will loose two long time patients...

|  Horrible! Violated my patient rights regarding prescriptions  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2010

Seems like a similar story to he other comments here. I started with Dr. Antosek, one their new doctors several months ago. My case is complex, I'm bedridden and have several prescriptions, but the approval process for refills is horrible. I was constantly following up with no success. Finally I discovered (they did not tell me) that my Doc has quit The Dr. is In. Dr. Posson demands that I come in to see him (a day after I returned home from hospitalization) for 2 simple prescription refills I've been taking for years. When I arrive I express my dissatisfaction, and he walks out of the office telling me to find a new doctor.That is a violation of my rights, doctors have responsibility to maintain prescription meds when a patient is finding a new doctor (which I'm obviously doing at this point). I ended up back in the hospital and got my prescription refills that way. This medical group is on it's last legs.

|  Does not care for the health and wealfare for patient  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2010

I started with Dr Posson in santa mariawhen he started, his practice ha gone down hill, been waiting on a prescription for 2 weeks after calling every day, with the same responce dr is to busy, is this the way you treat patients. the staff changes every monthwith a new doctor every visit, makes me uncomfortable, and they have no idea about your medical conditions.

|  problems  |  show details
by Building owner on Aug 12th, 2010

We have a judgment againt him after he leased an office from us in Paso Robles in December.Checks bounced, were late and then stopped altogether. We had to evict them.Now they wont even respond to the judgement. Posson may be a dupe in all of this as this "Dr" Bartz seems to be administering things. Last we heard they were talking about bankruptcy protection.If they had just returned calls and asked us to work with them this could have been avoided. They never returned a call.Arrogance and incompetence dont make successful business partners.

Jul 26th, 2010

I started seeing Dr. Posson a year ago and really like him for my doctor. Then I had an appt and went in and I saw a Dr. Sexton who told me he was going to be my doctor from now on. Then on my followup appt., another doctor saw me, Dr.Oakes, and he said I would be seeing him, and I saw him 3 or 4 times in followup visits and really, really liked him, felt comfortable with him, was happy to have him for my doctor. THEN, I had a followup appt to see Dr.Oakes and was seen by another dcotor whose name I cannot recall,and I was told by the office staff that Dr.Oakes was moving to California from back East and would return as my doctor. So, I had another appt with I assumed would be Dr. Oakes, but when they called to confirm my appt., I asked if Dr.Oakes was back and the response I got was she didn't know if he was coming back. I then canceled my appt. I found out that Dr.Oakes was no longer working there, so I will NOT go back and am looking for another doctor. I had no problems with the staff or the doctors, it just seems something is wrong there and for me I like consistency in a medical office, see the same doctor, etc., and this was not the case. It makes me sad because Dr. Posson seems to be such a great doctor, caring, personable, as was Dr.Oakes. And like the previous person said, office staff changes every time I go in. Something is not right in that office and I dont' feel comfortable continuing my medical care there...sadly.....:(

|  Good doctor but practice is growing too fast and attention to patient care has diminished  |  show details
by Former Patient on Jul 15th, 2010

I used to see Dr. Posson in Santa Maria and thought he was a wonderful doctor! We diagnosed many medical problems I had after several tests. He is very thorough. However, he moved his practice to Pismo Beach and is trying to expand it into other cities. His office staff changes frequently and has become unpersonnel. When I call to ask a question from a nurse I am told that it would require too much (by the receptionist) time and that I need to make an appointment even though I explain that I would be driving 50 minutes from work to get there. The last two times I made an appointment with Dr. Posson I saw Dr. Sexton. When I inquired about why I wasn't seeing Dr. Posson I was told that he was expanding his practice to Paso Robles. Sadly, I will no longer be a patient of Dr. Posson's office. I went to him because the excellent care he provided but no longer feel that way. My thought now is that he is just practicing medicine for the money and not because he cares about his patients.

|  Dr. Posson  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2009

He spends allot of time trying to figure out what is wrong with you, but if you have a difficult diagnosis, and he has kinda figured it out, he kinda gives you the feel that he has ran out of options, and has given up. He is not big on treating pain he would rather you use, rubs, or OTC meds.