Steven C Posson DO Patient Reviews

2.4
  • 14 reviews

June 2nd, 2012
RX gone bad
I saw Dr. Posson in 2009. I was having dental discomfort and he said he would prescribe some medication for me. I told him I usually get meds from my doc in Atascadero but it was too far for me to travel. I was open and honest and went to the pharmacy I always go to and they wouldn't feel the rx. Pharm said Dr. was not aware of my seeing another MD. Dr Posson was aware and he made it seem like I was drug seeking. I fired him and the pharmacy that day. We have a right to be treated decent. The pharmacy believed him and not me and that really hurt me because I had been nothing but honest with them. Now I see what a JERK!! he was and still is.

June 25th, 2011
This place sucks
Worst doctors on the planet! just heard goldblatt getting booted out of his office that dr posson got forclosed on! How sad, i recommend everyone stay away from this deadbeat place and find more qualified physicians in the area!

June 6th, 2011
HE WAS WONDERFUL. THEN LEFT NO MESSAGE OR WARNING.. HE UP AND QUIT ..TOOK THE RECORDS..CHARGED US TO GET THEM BACK...OFFICE STAFF IN SHOCK..OFFICE IN CONFUSION !

March 27th, 2011
Up and Gone
one day he just Up and left. sent a letter recommending to see someone else.

March 10th, 2011
Disappeared without notice from his practice holding all records leaving only a postal box number.

March 10th, 2011
Disaster
Hopefully his doctor days are over. Dr. Posson ran a business rather than medical offices in Pismo Beach and Paso Robles. Even with his patient rip of ...

March 3rd, 2011
i would like to tell how poorly dr. posson left his patients out to dry.how would you like to go to your appt. only to find your dr has left his office and his practice, without prior warning.of course the office said, your going to get a letter...?? This tells me he is not in good standing with the ama or anyone else...what happened dr posson?

March 1st, 2011
Vary Sad
Stay Away. Just Want's Your Money. Don't Care About YOU!!!

December 2nd, 2010
Dissapointment
My husband and i have been going to dr. posson for at least 5 years..we followed him from santa maria to shell beach, unfortunately we are changing dr. since dr. posson is now to busy to get an appt. with or to even talked to him over the phone...we left messages twice for him to call us back and never did...he wont refill a prescription without an appt. when we had seen him a week before..the whole system is getting stupid, besides the whole staff is different every time i go...is sad we have to change ...we really like him but oh well...now he will loose two long time patients...

August 20th, 2010
Horrible! Violated my patient rights regarding prescriptions
Seems like a similar story to he other comments here. I started with Dr. Antosek, one their new doctors several months ago. My case is complex, I'm bedridden and have several prescriptions, but the approval process for refills is horrible. I was constantly following up with no success. Finally I discovered (they did not tell me) that my Doc has quit The Dr. is In. Dr. Posson demands that I come in to see him (a day after I returned home from hospitalization) for 2 simple prescription refills I've been taking for years. When I arrive I express my dissatisfaction, and he walks out of the office telling me to find a new doctor.That is a violation of my rights, doctors have responsibility to maintain prescription meds when a patient is finding a new doctor (which I'm obviously doing at this point). I ended up back in the hospital and got my prescription refills that way. This medical group is on it's last legs.

August 17th, 2010
Does not care for the health and wealfare for patient
I started with Dr Posson in santa mariawhen he started, his practice ha gone down hill, been waiting on a prescription for 2 weeks after calling every day, with the same responce dr is to busy, is this the way you treat patients. the staff changes every monthwith a new doctor every visit, makes me uncomfortable, and they have no idea about your medical conditions.

July 26th, 2010
I started seeing Dr. Posson a year ago and really like him for my doctor. Then I had an appt and went in and I saw a Dr. Sexton who told me he was going to be my doctor from now on. Then on my followup appt., another doctor saw me, Dr.Oakes, and he said I would be seeing him, and I saw him 3 or 4 times in followup visits and really, really liked him, felt comfortable with him, was happy to have him for my doctor. THEN, I had a followup appt to see Dr.Oakes and was seen by another dcotor whose name I cannot recall,and I was told by the office staff that Dr.Oakes was moving to California from back East and would return as my doctor. So, I had another appt with I assumed would be Dr. Oakes, but when they called to confirm my appt., I asked if Dr.Oakes was back and the response I got was she didn't know if he was coming back. I then canceled my appt. I found out that Dr.Oakes was no longer working there, so I will NOT go back and am looking for another doctor. I had no problems with the staff or the doctors, it just seems something is wrong there and for me I like consistency in a medical office, see the same doctor, etc., and this was not the case. It makes me sad because Dr. Posson seems to be such a great doctor, caring, personable, as was Dr.Oakes. And like the previous person said, office staff changes every time I go in. Something is not right in that office and I dont' feel comfortable continuing my medical care there...sadly.....:(