Steven Wang MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 23rd, 2016
Aloof and not thorough
Unpleasant and acted like he was in a rush. Very arrogant and that was his best quality. Also over-charges for his services.

September 1st, 2016
I'm dumbfounded by Dr Wang's bad review. I've had 3 MOHS surgeries with him and I'm not related to him in any way. He's kind and knowlegdable and I've never waited more than 10 mins for my countless appointments. He talked to me and kept me calm. His nurse Melissa is excellent too. I have absolutely not one bad thing to say about him. I had 10 stitches in the center of my forehead and you would never know.

December 28th, 2015
The Worst
Horrible! Run for the hills! His friends and family must have written the other 5-star reviews. I have a history of skin cancer, and the screening he gave me was practically non-existent. Rushed me out after a long hour wait. This "doctor" is condescending, and dismissive. After waiting an hour, he spent a maximum of 5 minutes with me. Find another doctor.

January 14th, 2015
Dr. Wang is a very gifted surgeon who cured my skin cancer on the face. Almost no scars!

June 30th, 2014
Very kind
Dr Wang did my MOHs surgery on my face. He is extremely kind as are his entire staff. I have never been in a doctors office and been treated so well. I would highly recommend Dr Wang for his bedside manner and expertise. He took time to answer all my questions and reassure me. Very happy patient

November 21st, 2013
Dr. Want did Mohs surgery under my eye. I only have good things to say about him. He was pleasant, efficient, fast and extremely polite. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

April 2nd, 2013
Happy patient
Dr. Wang is an incredibly knowlegeable physician using the best technology in Dermatology. For the first time in 20 years I like visiting my Dermatology MD and have tremendous confidence in our ability to keep me healthy. The staff and facility at MSK Basking Ridge is fantastic. Appointments are kept on time and the facility is comfortable. It's great working with a medical team that enjoys what they are doing!

May 1st, 2012
Excellent care at MSK Basking Ridge, NJ
Dr. Wang is an excellent young surgeon. You never wait to see him and his staff is professional and caring.The facility in Basking Ridge is new and spotless and everyone who works there is beyond polite.I can't reccommend Dr. Wang and MSK more highly.

December 8th, 2011
Wonderful Dr. and Wonderful Staff
Saw Dr. Wang for Mohs Surgery. It took about 4 weeks to get my first appointment but another dr. I tried couldn't get me in for five months!! Dr. Wang is very caring, spent time answering my questions. I decided to have him close my surgery instead of using a plastic surgeon and I'm glad I did! Only a week after the surgery my scar is barely noticeable and it is about 3" long and runs from the side of my nose to the middle of my lip. What an incredible job. The day of my surgery I only waited five minutes before they took me in and everyone was so kind and reassuring. They talked with me during the surgery and did a wonderful job of keeping me relaxed. His nurses, Melissa and Carolyn are first rate. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Wang and his staff. I live about an hour and a half from Sloan Kettering-Basking Ridge and every minute of the commute was well worth it. After my experience, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

November 1st, 2011
Dr. Wang is truly an expert when comes to skin cancer. I just read his book Beating Melanoma: A Five Step Survivor Guide. (Amazon). I am so glad that we found him as our doctor.

April 20th, 2011
Dr. Wang is a truly dedicated doctor. I believe that he has saved my life. His competence is extremely high. He treats patients like humans and is keenly concerned for their well being. He gave and continues to give me 200% in mitigating my multiple melanoma occurrences. I was very fortunate in finding Dr. Wang to treat me.

February 15th, 2011
Highly Recommended
I highly recommend anyone with any skin concerns to see Dr. Wang. He has amazing doctor/patient demeanor, and is very easy to talk to and willing to answer any questions. His credentials speak for themselves (he writes for the skin cancer organization), and truly cares about his patients. His assistant Melissa is also excellent. 4 stars across the board.