Dr. Steven Kanter MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 21st, 2013
AWESOME!
I have been to Dr. Kanter many times. He has always been courteous, soft spoken. Never made me nervous about my surgery. Dr. Kanter always explained what he was going to do during the surgery, where he was going to make the insigne not to leave a scare too visible. All around nice Dr.

September 10th, 2013
Neck/thyroid surgery
Outstanding manner, thorough, patient, willing to educate patient about procedure and health concerns

July 30th, 2012
Horrible, Please don't see this doctor.
Don't have the words to describe the horrible experience I had with this doctor. Almost a month after my surgery and I still have issues.

September 7th, 2011
Strange Man
This "doctor" did not inspire any trust. He is simply strange. I would not recommend him nor his staff-EVER!!!!!

October 4th, 2010
Never again
I was referred to Dr. Kanter due to a lump that was discovered in my breast. Very unnerving situation. His answers to my questions were short and he seemed hurried. He indicated that he had to check with my insurance company to make sure I don't end up with a big bill. I told him to please do so. When I returned for the biopsy I was told that I did not have an appointment. It was a good thing that I had the card with the appointment information. I was told to wait. When I went in I was placed on a examination chair that I thought was too narrow to perform the operation. I was very uncomfortable, but I did not know what to expect. Some lubrication was placed over the area where the lump was located and a sonogram was used to identify the size and location of the lump. This was all well and good and I could see the lump on the monitor. Dr. Kanter explained that the sonogram image would be used to guide the needle that would collect the tissue sample. O.K. I was then given the local anesthesia, very painful. I have had local anesthesia before when I had ingrown toenail removed and a broken tooth repaired. In both of these instances a topical anesthesia was applied to the skin where the needle would be inserted. The needle was then inserted in progression allowing the anesthesia to work in the tissue directly in front of the needle. This technique was seemingly not utilized in my case. I then observed the extraction needle on the sonogram monitor probing into the lump. But then I observed the needle going beyond the lump. I became very apprehensive. There was no explination given as to why it seemed like the needle overshot the lump. Dr. Kanter then place a suture at the insertion point on my breast and it was done. I asked what I should do and was told to keep ice on it during the evening to keep the swelling down. The nurse placed an adhesive strip over the suture. When I got up to put on my shirt I noticed blood on the vinyl of the examination chair. The paper covering the chair had moved out of place. When I got home there was blood on the inside of my shirt even though the adhesive strip was clean. I realize that my side and back was also not cleaned after the procedure. Over the next day the actual lump grew to almost 3x in size, this was not the general swelling of the area. I got nervous and decided to do some research on the internet and found out that this sometimes occur, but I was never told to expect this possibility. When I returned for the result things were a little tense to say the least. His nurse came to the waiting area a couple times before my name was called but it seemed that she was specifically trying not to make eye contact. When I went inside Dr. Kanter walked directly in fron of me and again I tried to make eye contact, but there seem to be a deliberate avoidance. Maybe I was being oversensitive, but I thought the only reason they would do this was because the news was not good. When he finally got into the room he said the results were negative, thank God, but the lump would have to be removed. When I pointed out the suture, he reached into his pocket and removed a hemostat which he used to pull on the suture. the suture was fused to the scar tissue. He used something to cut the suture and continue pulling until it came out. This did not have to be a painful experience. Again, my experience had been that a sterile suture removal kit was the way to go. It consist of little more than a sterile tweezer and scissors and a neosporin swap. The swab would be used to soften the scar tissue and suture. You would then cut the suture and pull it out with a tweezer. I told him I needed a second opinion on the surgery... To add insult to injury, I recently recieved a bill from Dr. Kanter's office for $1700 dollars. I was referred to him as a participating physician to my medical insurance plan. He had failed to advise me that, contrary to the belief of my primary physician, he was no longer a participating physician... Never again.

March 16th, 2010
Dr. Steven Kanter
I have been going to Dr. Kanter's office for over 15 years. He is one of the best doctors not only in Miami, but in the entire USA. He is very pleasant to talk to, very easy going and kind. He explains everything very patiently and his diagnosis are always very accurate. I have been having breast cysts for a number of years and thanks to Dr. Kanter everything is going well and never had a major problem. It is always a pleasure going to Dr. Kanters office and being his patient.

February 5th, 2009
It has been 3 yrs since I have been operate by Dr. Kanter - Hearing from my oncologists he has done a great job for me - I can thank him enough for his services -

March 21st, 2017