Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 28th, 2015

Ive been on my meds for my prolactin level and Dr Rabinowe has helped me keep my levels in check. Hes a pretty good guy :)

Jun 8th, 2015

Not sure I trust this guy. Ive been on this medicine for my prolactin level for the past 8 years, he told me I would need to take it forever, however when I told my primary Dr he said I need to get a second opinion so I will see a different Endocrinologist in a few months and see what they say.

Jul 3rd, 2014

The day before the 4th of july this office was closing early. I instructed the office gal which pharmacy to send my RX to, only to find out when I got there, no one sent it in. I'm switching doctors, generally,l there is a lack of concern.

Lazy - Does not Care show details Lazy - Does not Care
Feb 24th, 2014

I have been a diabetic for over 36 years, and I am only 38, and this by far has to be the worst doctor I have ever had. He does not do any of the standard tests that all of my other endocrinologists have done in the past. He does not check my feet for circulation issues. He does not check for heart beat. He has a pompous arrogant attitude about himself, and does not listen. He refused renewing my prescription only insulin medication because I had not seen him for a little 6-7 months. Keep in mind I was not a first time patient, and he had previously prescribed the same insulin. I had to go to Wal-Mart to purchase an over the counter insulin, end up paying over the counter, that is not supposed to be used for my insulin pump. He has his assistants check for blood pressure and weigh you in with all of your clothes on. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Jul 12th, 2013

Horrible experience! Does not communicate results to patients. Go somewhere else!

Jul 9th, 2013

Sent me for a diagnostic test and never called me with the results. Was not helpful or caring during my visit. Will never go back to him.

Stay Away! show details Stay Away!
by Phillippa G. on Jan 18th, 2013

I've never given a bad Dr. review, but this just has to be said! This Dr. doesn't listen to symptoms, he only looks at test results. Then he doesn't do the calculations to find your med dosage, he just guesses. He so under dosed me in thyroid meds that I had to find another Dr., who promptly told me that I wasn't getting anywhere near enough medication for my condition. I'm not sure if it was an error or that this Dr. just doesn't care, but the result is the same -- stay away! Find somebody else!

Compassionate care show details Compassionate care
Nov 19th, 2012

Dr Rabinowe is warm and caring. He takes adequate time to review your records. He asks great questions. He looks at patients as whole people not just as a diagnosis.

If you have nothing wrong go see him show details If you have nothing wrong go see him
Sep 11th, 2012

I was recently diagnosed with a pituitary tumor.....which he did nothing about! My ACTH is double normal levels but he apparently wasn't worried about that. USELESS

Supportive Endocrinologist show details Supportive Endocrinologist
Jun 27th, 2012

Dr. Rabinowe is personable and very attentive and informative as to any questions I may have. He explains the reasons for new treatments and medications in lay terms but is in no way condescending. Wait times in his pt lobby are very short. Appts are easy to schedule and the office staff is great. I rate him very highly.

Apr 19th, 2012

I wish I had consulted these reviews before making an appointment with this guy. Hard to believe he is an actual medical doctor. And his staff is just plain awful. Do yourself a favor, stay away.

Just doesn't care show details Just doesn't care
Feb 21st, 2012

My wife saw this doctor about her thyroid problem and was totally insulted by his unprofessionalism. Just like some of the other reviewers said, he just doesn't help. He just shrugs his shoulders and basically tells his patients to deal with it. Seems like the only good reviews he has are older and not related to thyroid care. Just a heads up...

Oct 5th, 2011

he read tests other docs ordered...he diagnosed the problem that 3 doctors did not.if i had seen him sooner, my condition would have been easier to deal with.

go somewhere else!!!!!!! show details go somewhere else!!!!!!!
Jan 30th, 2011

Go somewhere else!!! I went to this doctor for my thyroid problem. after telling him about my pain he said " yea that is what happenes" What kind of " and shrugged. what kind of doctor says that and doesnt even try to give you different ways to possibly feel better! horrible doctor. never spent time to understand what i was going through. he has to retire! found another doctor in highland park that is WAY better than him!

no way ever show details no way ever
by no way find someone eles to go to on Apr 7th, 2010

don't go to him - not a nice person and does not know what he is doing

Finally...an answer show details Finally...an answer
by K. from Kenosha on Oct 16th, 2009

I'd been having fertility issues for several years. Underwent in-vitro in 2005 and fertility specialists never determined what my health issues were. I saw Dr. Rabinowe and he ordered several tests. After my tests, I finally had an answer to what I have after 6 years and several other doctors. Thanks to the doctor and his wonderful staff!

Aweful show details Aweful
Jan 23rd, 2009

This is one of the WORST Dr.'s I have ever been to. Poor bedside manner, doesn't listen to patients, and just an idiot. A Harvard degree doesn't mean anything for this Dr.