Dr. Steven Rabinowe MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

January 11th, 2016
Awesome Doctor!!!
Dr. Rabinowe is the best endocrinologist I have seen. He has been able to manage my diabetes when no other doctor has. I highly recommend him.

July 28th, 2015
Ive been on my meds for my prolactin level and Dr Rabinowe has helped me keep my levels in check. Hes a pretty good guy :)

June 8th, 2015
Not sure I trust this guy. Ive been on this medicine for my prolactin level for the past 8 years, he told me I would need to take it forever, however when I told my primary Dr he said I need to get a second opinion so I will see a different Endocrinologist in a few months and see what they say.

February 24th, 2014
Lazy - Does not Care
I have been a diabetic for over 36 years, and I am only 38, and this by far has to be the worst doctor I have ever had. He does not do any of the standard tests that all of my other endocrinologists have done in the past. He does not check my feet for circulation issues. He does not check for heart beat. He has a pompous arrogant attitude about himself, and does not listen. He refused renewing my prescription only insulin medication because I had not seen him for a little 6-7 months. Keep in mind I was not a first time patient, and he had previously prescribed the same insulin. I had to go to Wal-Mart to purchase an over the counter insulin, end up paying over the counter, that is not supposed to be used for my insulin pump. He has his assistants check for blood pressure and weigh you in with all of your clothes on. I would not recommend him to anyone.

July 12th, 2013
Horrible experience! Does not communicate results to patients. Go somewhere else!

July 9th, 2013
Sent me for a diagnostic test and never called me with the results. Was not helpful or caring during my visit. Will never go back to him.

January 18th, 2013
Stay Away!
I've never given a bad Dr. review, but this just has to be said! This Dr. doesn't listen to symptoms, he only looks at test results. Then he doesn't do the calculations to find your med dosage, he just guesses. He so under dosed me in thyroid meds that I had to find another Dr., who promptly told me that I wasn't getting anywhere near enough medication for my condition. I'm not sure if it was an error or that this Dr. just doesn't care, but the result is the same -- stay away! Find somebody else!

November 19th, 2012
Compassionate care
Dr Rabinowe is warm and caring. He takes adequate time to review your records. He asks great questions. He looks at patients as whole people not just as a diagnosis.

September 11th, 2012
If you have nothing wrong go see him
I was recently diagnosed with a pituitary tumor.....which he did nothing about! My ACTH is double normal levels but he apparently wasn't worried about that. USELESS

June 27th, 2012
Supportive Endocrinologist
Dr. Rabinowe is personable and very attentive and informative as to any questions I may have. He explains the reasons for new treatments and medications in lay terms but is in no way condescending. Wait times in his pt lobby are very short. Appts are easy to schedule and the office staff is great. I rate him very highly.

April 19th, 2012
I wish I had consulted these reviews before making an appointment with this guy. Hard to believe he is an actual medical doctor. And his staff is just plain awful. Do yourself a favor, stay away.

February 21st, 2012
Just doesn't care
My wife saw this doctor about her thyroid problem and was totally insulted by his unprofessionalism. Just like some of the other reviewers said, he just doesn't help. He just shrugs his shoulders and basically tells his patients to deal with it. Seems like the only good reviews he has are older and not related to thyroid care. Just a heads up...