A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Raper:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Raper is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Raper
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Raper Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Raper, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 39 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Critical Care
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Gene Therapy
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Raper graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Raper has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Steven Eugene Raper MD is a male Surgeon, has 32 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. Steven E. Raper practice?
- Dr. Steven Raper has 1 office location.
Dr. Steven Raper practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.