A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Raper:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Raper is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Raper
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Raper Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Raper, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 39 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Critical Care
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Gene Therapy
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Raper graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Raper has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Steven Eugene Raper MD is a male Surgeon, has 32 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. Steven E. Raper practice?
- Dr. Steven Raper has 1 office location.
Dr. Steven Raper practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.