Dr. Steven Reeb MD Patient Reviews

• Pulmonary Disease Cheyenne, WY

August 2nd, 2016
Emergency Room/Intensive Care Unit
My wife went into the ER because of an allergic reaction to a high blood-pressure med. As far as I'm concerned Dr. Reeb saved her life, for which I will be forever grateful. He was/is highly respected by the Nurses, Techs and Hospital Staff. He was considerate and very understanding. I cannot say enough about Dr. Reeb. I would reccomend him highly to anyone.

January 26th, 2016
I love Dr Reeb. But not IMG

January 16th, 2014
Love Dr. Reeb
After an emergency situation with my husband, Dr. Reeb was the only doctor available to see him that afternoon. Dr. Reeb saved my husband's life. I can't say enough wonderful things about him!! He is friendly, conscientious and takes the time to hear our concerns and questions whenever we go back for an appointment. I love him and would refer anyone in need of an internist.

May 23rd, 2013
No patient follow up!
My mom and I went to see Dr. Reeb on the 9th of May. He seemed very concerned and, compassionate, as though he really wanted to help. After the appointment he sent us to the lab for tests, with the assurance that he was going to get to the bottom of my Moms illness. My Mom and I left feeling as though we had finally found a Dr. that was listening, I remember being near tears with relief. A week goes by without hearing from anyone so I gave them a call. I was told Dr. Reeb was out of the office for the week and he would review the results of the lab work when he returned the following week, and that I would recieve a call Monday, this would put us at the 20th. No call Monday. No call Tuesday. I called and left a message on wednesday, never recieved a return call.So that puts us to today, Thursday the 23rd, I called and spoke with a nurse, explained to her the situation and that I was assured by a nurse last week that Dr. Reeb would get back with me this week. She was extremely rude, in explaining to me that she could not possibly assure that because Dr. Reeb is his own person. That I understand, the rudeness I do NOT! I then spoke with a supervisor who told me that she could see on Dr. Reebs charts each call I had made. The nurses were giving him the messages, so this falls entirely on Dr. Reeb in my opinion. She told me she would give my Moms lab results to another doctor that she knew would call me back today. And that she would tell me what she tells all of Dr. Reebs patients "If you call more than twice and do not recieve a call back, make another appointment." Apparently this happends often. I feel that is ridiculous! Why should you have to make and pay for another appointment to find out the results of the first one???? She also told me that the doctor that would be calling me back today would not be able to see my Moms chart from the 9th as Dr. Reeb had not finished writing it. Now how is he even going to remember what happened on the 9th, two weeks later? Dr. Reeb does NOT care about his patients even if he is capable of pretending he does for a short while. I will continue to update, should I actually ever hear from Dr. Reeb again, would love to be able to change a negative review to a positive one. Hoping to be proved wrong. Sincerely, nohope4doctors

April 11th, 2013
Grateful to have found him
Wonderful bedside manner, pays close attention to everything I tell him and remembers it. I would NOT be alive today if it weren't for him. I am sure I would be dead if he hadn't become my primary care giver 5 years ago. No, he doesn't do pelvic exams (someone complained this in a post) he is a Pulmonologist. He is quite capable of caring for other concerns than Respiratory, and will address the concern(s) but when he feels that another Dr in a different field would be better suited to address the issue(s) he has no problem referring patients to the Dr(s) who will be more knowledgeable/helpful. He is not afraid to say "I don't know what is wrong. let's run some tests/get a 2nd opinion." He is friendly and when he says "What are you doing here" "Why are you in the hospital (back in the hospital)" It is not out of negativity, it is just his way of saying "tell me what is wrong. I do NOT believe that nurses of other hospital staff say nobody likes him because I have spent A Lot of time in the hospital and the nurses and other staff like him and know they can count on him. He dedicates 1 week out of every month where he does nothing but spend his time doing what he can to save/comfort, (make patients and families as comfortable as possible) I know a lot of his patients and haven't heard any complaints from them. I have sent many friends and family to him and they think he is wonderful.

October 27th, 2012
Although it took a couple of visits to get to know him a little, Dr. Reeb is friendly, caring and easy to talk to. He has done a great job of managing my health care, ensuring that I keep up on all assessments that should be done on a regular basis, following up when things are a concern and referring me to appropriate specialists when necessary.

February 23rd, 2012
Saved my life
Once I started seeing Dr Reeb, we started getting my health on the right track. I have many health conditions and see many specialists and Dr Reeb keeps all of my Drs and information in order. Everyone at IMG are wonderful. Dr Reeb has done his job well and hooked me up with the Specialists, I need to see, before, I had specialists who didn't seem to care about me, just medicated me. (I am down to 19 medications from 27-31) I have lost over 140 lbs and I owe Dr Reeb a major thanks for following through and making sure everyone is doing what needs to be done and not just medicating me.

June 2nd, 2011
Terrible
My experience happened years ago when this doctor was practicing in another city in Wyoming. I was waking up at night not breathing. He ordered tests and the tests showed no problems. He told me I needed a psychiatrist. I knew better. About 9 months later I was finally diagnosed with a peanut allergy (by a different doctor) and after I stopped eating peanut products I no longer woke up at night not breathing. I don't think psychiatrists are very helpful in diagnosing peanut allergies! Just because a doctor can't figure out what is wrong with you they decide you must need psychiatric care. WRONG,

September 18th, 2010
Dr. Reeb is condescending and rude. He has no bedside manner; in fact, he once admitted my mother to the hospital to rule out another stroke (at our insistence) and not once did he write a report or return our calls. The nurses on the floor said this was common with him.The last visit was several weeks ago for something unrelated to her stroke. He entered the room saying, "Why are you back here?". He didn't hide the fact that he DID NOT want to do a pelvic exam. We stepped out of the room while he and the nurse prepared for the exam, but within 30 seconds he came out saying "We can't do it". We ended up going to a GYN who had no trouble at all.It's not surprising that when we mentioned to his staff or other doctors that we weren't happy with his care, the response was always "no one does".

July 11th, 2010
Wouldn't recommend him
Went to see this doctor several years ago because I was waking up not breathing. He sent me for several tests and they all came back normal. He told me I needed a psychiatrist. I never went back to see him. Good thing I didn't listen because I doubt a psychiatrist could have helped with the problem I had the Dr. Reeb failed to diagnose.....an allergy to peanuts !!!!

April 5th, 2009
Happy Patient
Not going to find a nicer doctor..

June 17th, 2008
Left me without proper care
I went to this Cheyenne Dr. with a "9" pain level in my abdomen. He did not even do a physical exam (pressing on abdomen ). No blood work was done! The next day in the E.R. of a Pueblo hospital, my LDH was 2579, my CA at 10.4, my AST at 784, ALK PHOS was 162, ALT was 634..these levels were off the chart, and I was at a 50/50 chance of survival-- we found out in just one day after this visit with Dr. Reeb. Dr. Reeb's treatment for me that day I saw him was to give me a sample of Nexium and sent me on my way; after which I ended up the next day in critical condition in an out of town hospital from Gall Bladder Disease. My advice?Do not trust any doctor if you come away feeling you were "shorted on your care" and keep your eyes, ears open, go with your gut, and if you aren't sure this doctor did the right thing by you, then see another, don't take a chance. He is pre-occupied and not focused on you with the exception of when he is looking at his computer monitor...which by the way, had nothing to do with my pain....I could have died!