Dr. Steven Remmenga MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 8th, 2015
Best dr. Saved my life

March 1st, 2013
I FELT FROM THE MOMENT I MET DR. REMMENGA THAT I WAS IN VERY COMPETENT HANDS. HE AND HIS CO-DOCTOR, DR. RODENBAUER WERE EXTREMELY KIND, PROFESSIONAL AND JUST THE MOST HELPFUL IN EVERY WAY. HIS STAFF ALWAYS MADE ME COMFORTABLE AND THE STUDENTS WERE AWESOME DOCTORS TO BE. BOTH HE AND I KNEW THAT THIS TYPE OF CANCER DOESN'T HAVE A GOOD TRACK RECORD, BUT I KNEW THAT IF THERE WAS ANY WAY TO BEAT THIS DEAL, HE WOULD GIVE IT HIS BEST SHOT. THE CHEMO TREATMENTS WERE VERY COMFORTABLE WITH A KINDNESS TO ME EACH TIME AND WARM BLANKETS AND THE VOLUNTEERS WHO CAME TO VISIT WHILE I WAS UNDERGOING CHEMO MADE ME COMFORTABLE AND TOOK AWAY ANY FEAR. ONCE WHEN THEY FELT I MIGHT NOT HAVE LONG TO LIVE AND IT WAS LATE IN THE DAY, THE OFFICE MANAGER AND NURSES AND CNA'S CAME TO MAKE SURE I HAD A ROOM AND WAS COMFORTABLE...VERY LOVING, VERY KIND, AND GREAT FOLLOWTHROUGH. FINALLY AFTER ABOUT A YEAR AND HALF, THE LAST CHEMO FAILED, SO NOW I AM ON HOSPICE AND NO MORE CHEMO.tHE DOCTOR REFERRED ME TO HOSPICE AND HELPED ME THROUGH MY NURSE WHEN I NEEDED ANSWERS. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THE WONDERFUL CARE I RECEIVED FROM DR. REMMENGA, THE OTHER DOCTORS THERE, THE STAFF, AND THE HOSPITAL. I FELT THAT WE WERE A TEAM AND THAT IF ANYTHING COULD BE DONE, THEY WOULD DO THEIR BEST. I BEAT DEATH AND NOW I KNOW THAT SOMEDAY I WILL GO HOME TO SEE THOSE WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, BUT I'M OK TODAY, THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CARE I RECEIVED THERE FROM THE ABOVED MENTIONED. I AM SO GLAD, DR. REMENNEGA WAS THE DOCTOR I WAS REFERRED TO, I KNOW THAT MY LIFE IS LONGER THAN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BECAUSE OF THE CHEMO, EVEN THOUGH IT WASN'T SUCCESSFUL FOR THE CANCER, IT WAS SUCCESSFUL IN EXTENDING THE QUALITY OF MY LIFE. I CONSIDER THE CANCER A BLESSING IN THAT I TRULY AM GRATEFUL FOR MY LIFE ONE DAY AT AT A TIME. I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS DOCTOR AND HIS STAFF AND UNMC. HE GAVE ME THE WILL TO GO ON AND LIFE IS STILL MUCH BETTER THAN I EXPECTED. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR REMMENGA AND HIS DOCTOR PARTNER, DR. RODENBAUER. THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME SHARE ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL DOCTOR.

August 10th, 2011
Only dedicated to winning
While Dr. Remmenga may be a well-known Gyn/Oncologist his bed side manners are absolutely horrible. When my mother was being treated under his care, at the beginning of treatment I thought he was a very good doctor. Then as things progressed and the treatment wasn't working as he had hoped, he seemed to come to a point where HE gave up. To my family it felt as if he knew he could not cure my mother so he needed to move on to more promising cases. We would go days without receiving return phone calls from his staff. At one point my mother was admitted to the hospital and when he was requested to come see her he did not show up. While being taken down for more testing, my mother actually ran into him in the elevator and he wouldn't even acknowledge her. After more requests he never came to see her. If there is one thing a cancer patient needs to have while going through treatment is to have hope and feel that someone does care. My mother told me that her doctor gave up on her so maybe she should give up to. Dr. Remmenga not only left one of his patients feeling like he didn't care but he took away her fighting spirit. Dr. Remmenga works at a facility that boasts "extraordinary care". Where was my mothers extraordinary care? Well she had to go to another doctor to get that care.

July 20th, 2011
Dr. Remmenga is one of the kindest men that I have ever met and so professional at the same time. When I found out I had cancer he was so kind in finding the best form of treatment for me. His bedside manner is one of a kind and after having him and his staff for 5 years now I feel so lucky and grateful to them all.

March 22nd, 2009
Uncaring
Dr. Remmenga and his staff made it extremely difficult for a patient and family to deal with cancer. The lack of follow-up and treatment plan always kept us guessing about whether or not we would received the treatment expected. We ultimately had to find another doctor and hospital to find the patient treatment we deserved. We've lost all confidence in the abilities of the University of Nebraska Medical Center to provide professional health care.