Overall Review

July 27th, 2016
Dr. Rivers is outstanding. Years ago the entire office staff and MA's were all outstanding. Dr. Rivera's MA's have gone down. The lab/venipuncture MA's are still excellent as is Jenny at the front desk.

June 26th, 2016
Dr. RIvers followed up on Me!
I had an emergency appendectomy. Home Health care recommended I see my PCP after 4 days. My blood panel was not normal so Dr. Rivers sent me back to the hospital. He called my husband to see how I was doing that evening! I was really glad he cared so much!

September 10th, 2015
Very Disapointing
My husband and I were patients of Dr. Rivers for over 10 years. He does not listen and has his nose in his tablet the whole time you are with him (15 min.) if your lucky. He also mumbles when he talks to you. Because we did not get the care we should have, I had to find another doctor. I should have left his practice a long time ago. It has taken me almost 9 months to get better because of his mistakes.

February 4th, 2015
Very preoccupied .felt I did not get the attention I should have. Very rushed!

May 16th, 2014
Waited a long time. Then when I finally was able to see him. Very distant and pre occupied. Felt like he was very arrogant and self centered.

January 3rd, 2014
Excellen
Dr. Rivers is an extremely good doctor. He is very caring, competent, and compassionate. He has been the family doctor for my husband and myself since moving to the Villages. He and his staff are excellent. I recently had to call him when my husband was in critical condition in the hospital to get his assessment of the situation. He spent a good 45 minutes with me on the phone and called back the next night to see how I was doing. I could not have gone through this without his expertise on the situation. He is the true "family doctor". I recommend him and his staff highly.

January 3rd, 2014
Well cared for
Dr. Rivers has cared for my mother for the past 10 years, and we could not be happier with her treatment plan. Dr. Rivers is compassionate, and it's obvious his priority is his patients. His staff is also very attentive. I would absolutely recommend him to a friend.

December 9th, 2013
Very good experience, listens to what I have to say and responds with suggestions to correct the problem.

September 18th, 2013
Difficult doctor
Dr. Rivers is more concerned about not getting sued than the best are for his patients. He has protocols which are black/white with no gray area to adapt to different patients.

June 21st, 2013
Worthless
This dr won't go extra mile for his patients. If you been known going to him, he won't go that extra mile helping someone unless it deals money to his pocket. Give him paper work without a schedule. He will shread the paperwork because he not getting paid. If you do go see him, he has his nose in the notebook.

September 29th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
We have been patients of Dr. Rivers for six years, and his female partner Dr. Stephanie Walker since she joined his practice. Unfortunately Dr. Walker had family problems and had to relocate. Dr. Rivers is excellent, as is his nurse who always returns calls. Dr. Walker was an incredible doctor and my wife misses her immensely.

September 12th, 2012
Been with him since he arrived in The Villages
I'm amazed at negative comments. I've lived in The Villages for 14 years, and when Dr. Rivers arrived I changed doctors to be one of his patients. He has diagnosed my major problems - some missed by specialist - and has taken a personal interest in not only me, but my family, who are also patients of his. The wait time depends on lots of things... if he spends a few more minutes with someone, obviously that increases your wait time. But wouldn't you expect the same treatment when he sees you and gives you a few extra minutes?