Dr. Steven Robinson Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Steven Robinson?

insensitive

Posted on February 11th, 2015

My coworker and her family went to Mayo with her daughter for a second opinion. When arriving at Mayo, they were encouraged and oh so thankful to be there. Hope was written everywhere! But, when it came time to meet with Dr. Robinson, they felt all hope was lost. They knew that the brain cancer their daughter has has a bleek outlook, but the words he used were insensitive and tore away any glimpse of hope they had-even with the experimental treatment she is currently receiving from Rush in Chicago. One of the items he shared with them is that the chemo eventually stops working and the cancer will take over. This obviously is truth, but the presentation of it was one without tact. It is sad that at such a hope filled medical center the words used were not more sensitive towards those that needed it most. My coworker and her family are so distraught right now and spirits are down. Lord willing this doctor was just having a tough day and will be more sensitive, yet keep the truth he needs to share, in the future.

Just another patient

Posted on April 10th, 2012

After I drove to the Mayo from Chicago, I expected a thorough evaluation and exam. I brought my records as I was asked and Mr. Robinson said, If I read all this ... I will never get to another patient today!!! WOW! I quess I wouldn't have inches thick of records if something was not wrong with me, nice bedside manner. i did an exam and brought in another doctor ... they decided to run blood tests and an ultrasound to see if my DVT was gone yet and said, we will see you back with the results. I was told to not worry about problem #2, its just an indolent low grade kappa restricted B-cell lymphoproliferative process. See you in a year unless you sweat at night or lose weight. That was 2 monthes ago ... my doctor just ran a test and I now have a name to the mystery ... marginal zone lymphoma... i thought the Mayo was supposed to be the best! I'm not impressed.

Posted on July 20th, 2011

Dr. Robinson was so incredible with us. He was kind, compassionate and professional. He made hearing terrible news bearable. Thank you!

Posted on December 31st, 2010

Dr Robinson was one of my husband's main doctors at Mayo when he was diagnosed with a rare cancer call epithioid angiosarcoma. He was absolutely professional and kind at the same time. He was there for us in every way you would want a doctor to be there for you and I will always be grateful for his kindness and the extra months of life he gave my husband.

Posted on April 28th, 2016