A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Rubin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Rubin is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Rubin, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lazy Eye (Amblyopia)
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
Education & Awards
Dr. Rubin graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Rubin has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Winthrop University Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rubin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 8 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven E. Rubin practice?
Dr. Steven Rubin practices Ophthalmology and Pediatric Ophthalmology near Great Neck, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Manhasset, NY and Jamaica, NY.
See Great Neck Ophthalmologists.