Dr. Steven Rudolph DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

April 17th, 2013
A valued relationship
I began seeing Dr.Rudolph about 3 years ago to treat my dependency to prescription pain medication. For the first several visits, I often left his office questioning the concept of mental healthcare and especially the value of the treatment I was receiving from our sessions together. It wasn't too long thereafter whenI came to the realization that my life had drastically improved in several areas beyond just that which I was being treated for. After much self-reflecting, it was clear that my self-improvement was the direct result of the treatment and support received under Dr.Rudolph's care. I'm proud to declare that my relationship with Dr.Rudolph has only become stronger and is one which I value as if he was family. He is sincere and always available in his role as a support figure. I've never questioned his expertise as a doctor and has properly diagnosed every ailment I've described. I'd choose Dr.Rudolph as my doctor if I had it to do all over again and strongly recommend others do the same. Cheers

November 12th, 2010
Hope and Happiness at last!
I am 45 years old and have sought out help for depression, compulsive and addictive behavior for over 25 years. I went to many counselors and group therapy in an effort to escape compulsion, shame, emotional pain, self hatred, anger and sadness. Although I was able to maintain a career and a home and the normal things, I was very unhappy almost all the time. After years seeking help from counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists and self help books I had all but given up ever feeling normal, happy or ever liking myself. The emotional pain was intense and I felt hopeless and lonely. Then after being told by yet another counselor that they could not help me, I went to Dr Rudolfs office. To make a long story short, less than a year later I am a new person. For the first time in my life I am free of all my compulsive feelings. I am not sad or depressed. I feel hope for the future and joy in the improvement that I did not believe was possible. Thank you Dr Rudolf! Ray.

August 11th, 2010
Chronically dissatisfied with the medical care I have received
Dr. Rudolph is unique. He can be moody but you always sense he is totally committed to his patients despite some frustration he shares about the health care system. He spends more time with me than any other doctor I have ever met. I feel understood, even when I dont feel better. I feel safe, even when Im scared. He calls himself a teacher, reminding me that the word doctor means "teacher" in Latin. He says his job is to help me learn about my brain so I can make better life choices. I like his style, though at times he seems overworked. I especially like it when he says: "this is what I would recommend if you were in my family, and I could be objective." That makes me feel cared for.

September 28th, 2008
Dr. Rudolph took a more personal interest in my mental health than any one doctor I had ever seen. He is warm gentle and understanding. At times he gets overworked but when confronted he is able to acknowledge his shortcomings in a way that I have never experienced before. For example, one time he was running behind because of a patient emergency and he waived the fee for my visit because he felt that it wasnt fair for me to have to wait. I explained this was not necessary but he insisted. Although he seems focused on maintaining the business of his practice effeciently, I never felt like I was just there so he could make money. Also, he has a wonderful sense of humor and in the depths of my major depression truly helped me learn to not take my self so seriously. He always reminded me that "how you feel is not the same thing as who you really are and what you are capable of"