Dr. Steven Farber Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Farber?

Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. Steven Farber?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 19th, 2016

Believe me when I tell you Dr Farber isn't the physician in this practice. He consults his wife too see if the patient owes anyone prior to refillng lifesaving medications. I have seem a patient's refill denied for owing $5.00 for less than 30 days. Very sad

August 3rd, 2015

I am very happy with Dr Farber. You put in 100% and he will match you. After years of being misdiagnosed, he hit my problem, right on the head. I have never felt better in the 46 years I've been on this Earth and I have Dr Farber to thank for that.

March 24th, 2015

Wentry to hospital for a biopsy. Dr. Farber never showed.

July 15th, 2014

Sick Patient

Don't pick this guy if you "need" to see a doctor. They scheduled me two month out and then when I did get an appointment I was left in the exam room 1.5 hours while while his majesty met with drug reps. I was insulted and left. If he is to busy to see patients just say so. priorities way out of whack

November 17th, 2013

Most Amazing Doctor Ever

Dr Farber is truly the most amazing doctor. Sure it may take some time to get in to see him but I will wait hours if I have to. He takes time with patients, listens, and explains well. What some don't seem to understand is that they must WANT to be involved in their healthcare, they need to do what the doctor suggests, and most importantly, be your own advocate. I don't know a single doctor that can do everything for every patient when the patient is not proactive. When you are, you can understand the doctors behaviors and personalities a lot better. If you don't know something...ask! If a question is not answered or you don't understand...ask again. In 2009 I contracted H1N1. Well, a few months prior, Dr Farber had been assigned to my case at the hospital and I consider that to be a blessing. If it weren't for him (being given to me from the man up above) I wouldn't be writing this review. I was in a coma for 5 months and it was Dr Farber that made ALL the right calls to get EVERYTHING needed to save my life. He is the one that fought with other docs that wanted to send me (at age 41) to hospice and let me die, and he is the one that had to play Rheumatologist when mine was absent. I couldn't ask for any more. So with all of that being said, I'll be moving to Seattle soon and unfortunately Dr Farber and wife aren't willing to pack up and come with lol. This means that when I'm gone, although I will never be forgotten, my active "favorite patient" status will be available. Follow my advice, stay strong, and advocate! One more thing, I felt is was necessary to write all of this because when you are upset, you are more opt to write a negative review. It's not that often that a happy person runs home to write one; therefore it brings ratings down and the doctor appears to be a poor one. I find it hard to believe that Dr Farber was rude to anyone. He has the greatest bedside manner and every time I leave his office, I do so with a smile. Believe it or not, the office staff is actually competent and caring as well.

October 22nd, 2013

Avoid if possible

This doctor has horrible bedside manner and wont let you hardly speak. With me he has misdiagnosed me twice. You are more like a piece of meat to him and money, but that's about it. Goes off other doctors observations rather than observes you himself. If he does examine you it's for maybe 10 seconds.

August 6th, 2013

There is something wrong here...I called the office to see if I could get in to see a Doctor. I was wheezing and having trouble breathing..Dr Farber has been my Dr for a long time. I left a message, Drs nurse called me back to double check complaints and said she would let Dr know and they would call me back. That's it. Never heard from them again. Is this acceptable patient care? All I asked for was a call back saying they could or couldn't work me in, so I could either come in or seek treatment elsewhere if they didn't have room in their schedule.

October 3rd, 2012

poor service with very long waits

Expect extremely long wait every visit and rushed time with the doctor. Test results are not given in timely manner as followup is poor. Lots of excuses but over more than two years, did not get better. Waited two hours several times. Dr. contradicts diagnosis due to having to play catchup all the time. Would be a good doctor if he had the time to devote to patients. Tests took long time to get scheduled and were sometimes forgotten. Frustrating so I changed.

January 10th, 2012

B est Pulmonoligst in Valley

Have been a patient since 1992 and this MD listens and cares. Very unusual in this in and out reality we live in.

April 12th, 2011

Excellent Doctor with a rude receptionist!

Dr Farber is great, but is staff leaves a lot to be desired! He has saved my life more than once and that I am greatful for. However his receptionist thinks she is god's gift and has even gone as far as to delete my appointments to punish me for whatever reason. She talks down to the patients as if they are stupid. It is very rude!

January 23rd, 2011

Makes you feel very belittled, like he doesn't believe anything you're saying.

January 13th, 2011

the best!!

I have a condition that needs to be monitored for at least 4 years. I will not leave Az until I am done.