A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Fountain:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Fountain, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fountain graduated from University of Kansas , Kansas City.
Dr. Fountain has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center of Santa Cruz
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fountain accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Central California Alliance for Health - 4 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven S. Fountain practice?
Dr. Steven Fountain practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Santa Cruz, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Coachella, CA and Palm Desert, CA.
See Santa Cruz Surgeons.